Joe Gibbs Racing News

Revman

Denny beat your favorite driver....again!
Felt like kind of a thing....so decided to join in.

Ty is doing pretty well lately..

He is ready for this. Coy made sure of it. The quiet way he is creeping up on this is telling. He is coming.

More importantly he's doing it quietly, not running guys over

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Sorry, kind of repeated you in my post. Couldn't agree more. His Dad prepared him for this....and left him with a lesson after the Martinville debacle.

He is ready for this. Coy made sure of it. The quiet way he is creeping up on this is telling. He is coming.
Sounds like he has a lot of confidence in his team, and he knows that as long as he just executed good races, he'll finish well.

I thought he was talented enough to win in cup instantly, but thought he lacked the maturity. He's doing a great job of staying out of the spot light, probably grieving in silence, and seems to be trimming the fat out of his reputation.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sorry, kind of repeated you in my post. Couldn't agree more. His Dad prepared him for this....and left him with a lesson after the Martinville debacle.
Yeah, this is one of those "I need to learn to grow up and not piss people off" moments. He wants to carry his father's legacy

Yeah, this is one of those "I need to learn to grow up and not piss people off" moments. He wants to carry his father's legacy

Coy's last interview with Claire B. Lang was telling. Rarely does Claire push. She pushed a bit. Coy wouldn't bite....but made it clear that they had addressed Ty's stuff. Ty has been left with that. He ***** it up, he cannot apologize to his Dad. Honestly, I anticipated that he would react like this. Cool to see a dude respect his Dad like that.

Coy's last interview with Claire B. Lang was telling. Rarely does Claire push. She pushed a bit. Coy wouldn't bite....but made it clear that they had addressed Ty's stuff. Ty has been left with that. He ***** it up, he cannot apologize to his Dad. Honestly, I anticipated that he would react like this. Cool to see a dude respect his Dad like that.

I'm just baffled at how a kid that grew up in that situation and with the role models hes has/had that it took him as long as it did to hopefully figure it out. Let's hope Ty Gibbs version 2.0 sticks.

I'm just baffled at how a kid that grew up in that situation and with the role models hes has/had that it took him as long as it did to hopefully figure it out. Let's hope Ty Gibbs version 2.0 sticks.
You don’t know what you have until it’s gone. Most 20 year olds even more so. It’s all relative. He’s a good dude.

Yeah, I think he's going to grow up quickly and will be pretty neutral for a while.

All that stuff aside, it's really really really ****** sad.

Losing a father the night of your greatest accomplishment ever has to be traumatizing. He was fun to laugh at and root against last year until Coy passed. At this point, I hope he can just be happy.

Everyone loses their parents some day. I'm 30 years old and can't imagine my life without them now. I can't POSSIBLY imagine losing a father without any inclination as an 18 year old.

You don’t know what you have until it’s gone. Most 20 year olds even more so. It’s all relative. He’s a good dude.

I suppose, but when you get every single opportunity handed to you on a silver platter to be exactly what you dreamed of being, it's just hard for me to accept the immaturity. He was bound to make a mistake or two, we all do, but for awhile he seemed to be doubling down on them, and his behavior at Martinsville last year was just beyond comprehension. People are investing millions of dollars in you to pursue your dream. Your last name is on the side of the building. You HAVE to better than he was at that moment, and it shouldn't have taken a parent dying to get the message across.

I suppose, but when you get every single opportunity handed to you on a silver platter to be exactly what you dreamed of being, it's just hard for me to accept the immaturity. He was bound to make a mistake or two, we all do, but for awhile he seemed to be doubling down on them, and his behavior at Martinsville last year was just beyond comprehension. People are investing millions of dollars in you to pursue your dream. Your last name is on the side of the building. You HAVE to better than he was at that moment, and it shouldn't have taken a parent dying to get the message across.
I don't agree. When you have everything handed to you, it's hard to expect maturity.

Life teaches, right? When success, money, and a life is given to you, you are deprived of an opportunity to make mistakes, learn, grow and socialize.

From a developmental standpoint, Ty is somewhat isolated and deprived. So the lack of maturity makes so much more sense, imo.

You are 20. Your life is all that you have known. You think it is the same for everybody....until the unthinkable happens. Sir, this story is not unique to NASCAR. Many did their best to vilify this kid, and dump him before he got started. Didn't work. I truly wish I have his balls when my parents pass...if I should outlive them. Ty ****** Gibbs is a great story.
I don't agree. When you have everything handed to you, it's hard to expect maturity.

Life teaches, right? When success, money, and a life is given to you, you are deprived of an opportunity to make mistakes, learn, grow and socialize.

From a developmental standpoint, Ty is somewhat isolated and deprived. So the lack of maturity makes so much more sense, imo.

Freaking nailed it. You have the right day job. Well said.
Yeah, I think he's going to grow up quickly and will be pretty neutral for a while.

All that stuff aside, it's really really really ****** sad.

Losing a father the night of your greatest accomplishment ever has to be traumatizing. He was fun to laugh at and root against last year until Coy passed. At this point, I hope he can just be happy.

Everyone loses their parents some day. I'm 30 years old and can't imagine my life without them now. I can't POSSIBLY imagine losing a father without any inclination as an 18 year old.

I congratulated Coy hours before he died. I am still struggling--and I had never met the guy--and pouring that emotion into Ty. That this kid can give a speech--something he had never done at the awards banquet, and show up and race is a testimony to the man he is becoming. Instead, we call him names and insult the very faith that has him even able to kind of function. This sport has an interesting fan base. We want to believe that drivers come from nothing, and earn everything. That rarely happens anywhere honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are 20. Your life is all that you have known. You think it is the same for everybody....until the unthinkable happens. Sir, this story is not unique to NASCAR. Many did their best to vilify this kid, and dump him before he got started. Didn't work. I truly wish I have his balls when my parents pass...if I should outlive them. Ty ****** Gibbs is a great story.

Freaking nailed it. You have the right day job. Well said.

I congratulated Coy hours before he died. I am still struggling--and I had never met the guy--and pouring that emotion into Ty. That this kid can give a speech--something he had never done at the awards banquet, and show up and race is a testimony to the man he is becoming. Instead, we call him names and insult the very faith that has him even able to kind of function. This sport has an interesting fan base. We want to believe that drivers come from nothing, and earn everything. That rarely happens anywhere honestly.
This isn't a NASCAR fan base thing, imo. It's a sport fanbase thing. Sports fans can be cruel but I'm willing to give them a pass in this case. I'm certainly guilty of vilifying Ty.

Here's the thing, sports are reality television. It's super easy to see these athletes are television characters. Ty became a driver that was easy to root against. We all watch sports for entertainment, and we all tend to demomize athletes.

On one hand, I THINK it's okay, and fair to vilify these men and athletes as entertainers. As a product, regardless of context, Ty DID make himself unlikeable, and fans don't HAVE to put on their therapist caps as a sport fan. Believe me on that, that cap comes off right after work lol

But when something like this happens, it's surely expected to walk that back and have sympathy for him, and look at him as a person.

I think both thing can be true in a vacuum here. I hate how Ty raced last year and can grieve with him and hope for a good year.

Truth be told, I didn't even watch his banquet speech, didn't feel ready to absorb that.

I guess that's just another way you and I differ. As far as I'm concerned, with privilege and fortune comes responsibility. I expect more from people like that, not less.

I guess it's good when it works but just kills them when they have a hiccup

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
The pit work has been a mess. WTF have they been doing? This is frustrating. WE haven't needed 9 second stops to win, and the **** ups have been costly.

I can't relate. You?

Well, I wasn't born into a millionaire family that owns one of the most successful teams in motorsports, but my upbringing was solid enough that I had absolutely no excuses to justify or explain bad behavior, so I worked REALLY HARD at not doing anything that needed justification or explanation. My grandfather was a hero to me. I would do anything not to disappoint him. When I worked in racing, I was so grateful for the opportunity to do something I always dreamed about and never thought I would get to do, that even though I was a small part of small teams in a small series, I tried to conduct myself as a 100% professional at the track and off. (WWRPD?) It would have absolutely killed me to embarrass the people that let me work on their race cars. I'm sorry, but I just can't understand why somebody like Ty wouldn't put up similar guardrails for himself.

Well, I wasn't born into a millionaire family that owns one of the most successful teams in motorsports, but my upbringing was solid enough that I had absolutely no excuses to justify or explain bad behavior, so I worked REALLY HARD at not doing anything that needed justification or explanation. My grandfather was a hero to me. I would do anything not to disappoint him. When I worked in racing, I was so grateful for the opportunity to do something I always dreamed about and never thought I would get to do, that even though I was a small part of small teams in a small series, I tried to conduct myself as a 100% professional at the track and off. (WWRPD?) It would have absolutely killed me to embarrass the people that let me work on their race cars. I'm sorry, but I just can't understand why somebody like Ty wouldn't put up similar guardrails for himself.

This new generation has different values than older generations.

I don't buy that. The younger have a different situation in time, but values are values. In Ty's case that was reckless what he did, he didn't value anybodies life, broke rules. So far it looks like he has learned his lesson. People tend to forgive after a time (not around here though, we never forget) lol.

What are you mad at Ty about? Martinsville with Brandon Jones? Dude overcooked the corner and was over his head..

All of this truly comes through in your posts. I am sure, however, that you made mistakes along the way--we all have. Ty's are visible to millions...Life is a journey--not a destination, and it is likely IMO that we are witnessing a journey that Ty will be proud of someday. The mistakes he makes are irritating to some, but in the big scheme....not that big of a deal IMO.

All of this truly comes through in your posts. I am sure, however, that you made mistakes along the way--we all have. Ty's are visible to millions...Life is a journey--not a destination, and it is likely IMO that we are witnessing a journey that Ty will be proud of someday. The mistakes he makes are irritating to some, but in the big scheme....not that big of a deal IMO.
Maybe not to you, but there was a formidable reaction to what Ty did and it didn't win him any bonus points in the racing community, his popularity plummeted, no more interviews, no more he's the next greatest articles, it was devastating and the after effects are still with him. He's on his best behavior because of it.

I would say in many cases they have no values at all. In my opinion, most of it caused by nobody ever telling them no or enforcing any actual consequences for bad behavior.

I would say in many cases they have no values at all. In my opinion, most of it caused by nobody ever telling them no or enforcing any actual consequences for bad behavior.

Just curious what Ty has done lately. Slow news day I guess.

What are you mad at Ty about? Martinsville with Brandon Jones? Dude overcooked the corner and was over his head..

Because he put himself in a position he NEVER should have been, and failed to understand the situation and what was at stake for the team that has his last name on the side of the building. FAR worse in my opinion though , was his complete jackass behavior after the fact. I simply cannot comprehend ANYONE being that disconnected from reality as he was was after that race. If he had been my kid, he wouldn't have raced at all at Phoenix.

I wasn't the one who brought him up. For the record, so far he has done just fine this year. I sincerely hope it lasts.

Probably not. The Gen7 is a bumper car. Until they create a bit more safe crumple, this is what they will get.

Maybe not to you, but there was a formidable reaction to what Ty did and it didn't win him any bonus points in the racing community, his popularity plummeted, no more interviews, no more he's the next greatest articles, it was devastating and the after effects are still with him. He's on his best behavior because of it.
Hyperbole....so much of it. Put him in a Chevy, and you would be buying merch. This is well documented. There is another significant contributing factor to why Ty has shown up as he has, and you damn well know it. Put away your Toyota hate for just a second, and give the kid some credit. Geez dude.

Oh man Deegan in the 51 would be great for all parties involved on the Merchandise front.

I wasn't the one who brought him up. For the record, so far he has done just fine this year. I sincerely hope it lasts.
Trying to figure out what ball cap to wear today....Going with the Ty Gibbs.

Hyperbole....so much of it. Put him in a Chevy, and you would be buying merch. This is well documented. There is another significant contributing factor to why Ty has shown up as he has, and you damn well know it. Put away your Toyota hate for just a second, and give the kid some credit. Geez dude.
I wonder where all of the articles about Ty is the next Nascar jesus went? I understand you live in a Yota echo chamber, but don't start putting words in my mouth about what I would or wouldn't do. I happen to be a fan of Gragson, but you didn't see me defending what he did wrecking half of the field. That's beyond stupid no matter what they drive.

Tons of change at JGR that has flown under the radar. I didn't start digging into this until I heard Heather Gibbs (Coy's wife) speak to NASCAR Radio as the spokesperson for JGR. I don't want to misquote her, but it sounds like she is now an active member of the organization. Additionally, she pointed out that JGR has added new leadership members.

Back
Top Bottom