Joey Logano vs. Kyle Busch

I missed the part where Kyle cares that he door slammed Joey first.. I did however see the many ways in which Joey has tried to make things right with Kyle over the course of the past week.

I won't argue that. Fine. Joey tried to take Kyle out. Kyle took a swing. It's done.

Dunno man. Maybe passing on the Race Hub giggle fest might have been a better move. Why can't Joey just say, "**** you Kyle, you door slammed me, and I wasn't going to give,"? What the hell is he afraid of?

This whole thing is a comprehensive ball of bull****. Joey has been making a statement for a few years now. He is fast as hell, and wants it out there that he won't be ****** with. He doesn't want to be taken advantage of. Kyle door slams him. Joey throws it in there without giving a ****. Kyle gets pissed, takes a swing. Big ****** deal.

Yes. This is not a binary position.

Its a racing incident that was blown way out of proportion due to Kyle's reaction. Even when presented with data that shows Joey's hit was unintentional, Kyle denies it. He's either blind or intentionally being stubborn to stir the pot.
I agree with this. And now I see that Kyle has elected to include Brad K in his comments defending his reaction. Pretty stupid stuff. Narcissistic IMO, although I'm not a doc....

"You race guys how you want to be raced and you expect the same the other way around," Busch said. "I didn't expect that move from Joey. I thought that would have been a perfect opportunity to kind of showcase we both are good and it's like [for him], 'Oh, you know what, it's fourth, he got the spot, he got me this time, damn.' But he didn't. He chose a different route.

"And if it was Brad, I would have expected that route to be chosen. It's very frustrating to continue to get wrecked by the Penske guys and so that's the way I felt the way I felt." (from Bob Pockrass at ESPN.com)

Anybody expecting any on-track payback from Shrub today ?

I think not, but considering his nature as being somewhat of a loose cannon, who's to say . . .

I think not, but considering his nature as being somewhat of a loose cannon, who's to say . . .
I expect Joey to win in dominating fashion

I agree with this. And now I see that Kyle has elected to include Brad K in his comments defending his reaction. Pretty stupid stuff. Narcissistic IMO, although I'm not a doc....

"You race guys how you want to be raced and you expect the same the other way around," Busch said. "I didn't expect that move from Joey. I thought that would have been a perfect opportunity to kind of showcase we both are good and it's like [for him], 'Oh, you know what, it's fourth, he got the spot, he got me this time, damn.' But he didn't. He chose a different route.

"And if it was Brad, I would have expected that route to be chosen. It's very frustrating to continue to get wrecked by the Penske guys and so that's the way I felt the way I felt." (from Bob Pockrass at ESPN.com)

Since JLo did nothing wrong it doesn't make sense that Kyle would call anyone out.

I expect Joey to win in dominating fashion

I'm OK with that but, considering the short track nature of the Phoenix track, if Busch has a chance to turn Logano without making it look too obvious I think there's a decent chance that he'll do it.

Here's hoping that he doesn't . . .

"I Went To Joey's Pit Box, And All I Got Was This Bloody Forehead!"
-Kyle

652606730.jpg

I haven't read any of this thread, but I'll leave you with a little saying that seems to be the prevalent "feeling" in the garage: if you deal with an assh*le in the morning, then you've had to deal with an assh*le. But if you find you deal with assh*les all day, then there's a really good chance that you're the assh*le.

For whatever reason, there seems to be a pretty regular common denominator in all these recent NASCAR dust ups. And despite his many flaws, it ain't Kyle...
Yup, there is a common denominator, and it drives the 22.

Can't argue with that thought. But Kyle violated a cardinal rule imo. When you confront a man at his car or hauler, you are in his house and deserve the consequences regardless of the provacation. Facetime, or FistTime like that demands a response, IMO.

And it was a sucker punch too, and an attempted physical assault. He got what he deserved.

And I hope folks including Kyle race Joey as aggressivly as he does in return, too.

I'm OK with that but, considering the short track nature of the Phoenix track, if Busch has a chance to turn Logano without making it look too obvious I think there's a decent chance that he'll do it.

Here's hoping that he doesn't . . .
If busch turns logano it will be the most hypocritical move weve seen in a long time.

Can't argue with that thought. But Kyle violated a cardinal rule imo. When you confront a man at his car or hauler, you are in his house and deserve the consequences regardless of the provacation. Facetime, or FistTime like that demands a response, IMO.

And it was a sucker punch too, and an attempted physical assault. He got what he deserved.

And I hope folks including Kyle race Joey as aggressivly as he does in return, too.
Oh trust me, I'm not defending KB at all. Really stupid move on his part to walk into another pit filled with other crew members and take a swing. I was just pointing out that Logano seems to be the lighting rod and the common denominator.

Oh trust me, I'm not defending KB at all. Really stupid move on his part to walk into another pit filled with other crew members and take a swing. I was just pointing out that Logano seems to be the lighting rod and the common denominator.

Absolutely agree.

Back
Top Bottom