Johali has passed

Discussion in 'The Checkered Flag' started by TexasRaceLady, Oct 21, 2019.

1. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Very sad to hear this, I would be lying if I said I didn't tear up a bit going through this thread. He was one of the first I really got along with here and our shared fandom of Gordon and Florida football always made it easy to get along despite not always seeing eye-to-eye in other aspects, and I will cherish that he thought well enough of me to also reach out and send some of his merchandise earlier this year. RIP Johali

Clutch, AdoubleU24, 2 Sweet and 12 others like this.
  2. Greg

Greg 2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader

Johali always supported the fantasy leagues and he was always a great sportsman. Even when the results were not good for him.
    He showed enthusiam even when it wasn't going his way and It takes some loyalty to do that.
    In one of the leagues it has been a struggle to rebuild the participation level. In that case Johali even got his wife to join the league just to help it rebuild.

I started not to post this. In all seriousness the leagues are just a fun time filler, they are not a major part of our lives.. But on the other hand we got to see a snapshot of Johali being a real team player.
    I can say with certainty that we will miss him greatly in all of the leagues.

3. DWDawg

DWDawg Team Owner

Rest In Peace Johali, gonna miss his posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. darlingtonfan

darlingtonfan Team Owner

Sad news to hear,prayers to the family.RIP Johali

5. PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange 2016 Yahoo Fantasy R-F Champion

Very surprised and sad to hear of Johali's passing.

I'm glad we got to meet during the lengthy rain delay at the July 2015 Daytona night race.

6. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

50 people can be placed in one room and it’s certain that at least two people will not see eye to eye, and for no apparent reason. I reckon it’s imperfect human nature. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion.

AdoubleU24, 2 Sweet, DWDawg and 12 others like this.
  7. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

Damn :(

Like a few others on here, I was lucky enough to receive a lot of Johali's NASCAR collectibles as a gift from him last year, which shows exactly the type of person he is. I never met the guy, yet he was generous enough to send me a ton of his cool stuff simply because he knew I would like and appreciate it. Such an awesome act of kindness from a great man.

Condolences to his wife, family, and friends. Even though I never got to meet him in person so I could shake his hand and drink a cold one together, I'm very glad I had the chance to know him thanks to this great forum.

RIP, Johali
    :cheers:

Mr. Gregory, Greg, Brentford and 9 others like this.
  8. Whizzer

Whizzer Retired entrepreneur

Just returned from a two week trip and this is the first post I read on the forum. It should make us all more aware of our existence and the time allotted to each of us. Johali was truly one of the best, ever. He will be missed for many reasons, all good, by everyone. I'm thankful for the time he gave to us and this forum.

9. Greg

Greg 2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader

Today would have been Johali's birthday.
    Happy birthday friend and we miss you.

10. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

Still miss Johali. I bought a set of those Old Hickory knives that he recommended, I think of him every time I reach for one...

aunty dive, Blaze, 2 Sweet and 2 others like this.