Johali has passed

Very sad to hear this, I would be lying if I said I didn't tear up a bit going through this thread. He was one of the first I really got along with here and our shared fandom of Gordon and Florida football always made it easy to get along despite not always seeing eye-to-eye in other aspects, and I will cherish that he thought well enough of me to also reach out and send some of his merchandise earlier this year. RIP Johali

Johali always supported the fantasy leagues and he was always a great sportsman. Even when the results were not good for him.
He showed enthusiam even when it wasn't going his way and It takes some loyalty to do that.
In one of the leagues it has been a struggle to rebuild the participation level. In that case Johali even got his wife to join the league just to help it rebuild.

I started not to post this. In all seriousness the leagues are just a fun time filler, they are not a major part of our lives.. But on the other hand we got to see a snapshot of Johali being a real team player.
I can say with certainty that we will miss him greatly in all of the leagues.

I'll be honest: for some reason, Johali was never really nice to me. Almost always took shots at something I posted, to the point that he became the only poster that I ever tried to put on ignore (which doesn't work, btw). No idea why I struck him the wrong way, but as soon as I got a notification that said "Johali has quoted your post" I knew without looking it wouldn't be nice.

Having read this news, and having read everyone's tributes, I'm feeling pretty sad - but mostly I have a lot of regret. I never once took the time to reach out to him and ask why I seemed to rub him the wrong way. Or why he felt like he did, or disagreed with something I said, etc. Maybe there was something I could have done better, or differently. Or a way for us to understand each other's point of view. I can't help but think we really would have enjoyed each other's company irl. He seemed like a really good guy with lots of stories and lots to offer.

I really wish I had taken the time to get closer to him, rather than distance myself. I guess that's a good life lesson to learn, and the best way to honor him moving forward.
This is where I was with him as well. We rarely got along and frequently bickered. We had pretty much opposite points of view on the world and were equally convinced that we were right.

At the end of the day, we are all people behind the keyboard with lives and families who love us and whose lives we enrich. I wish that I could've had a better relationship with him but it's too late to change the past.

This is a sobering reminder that we are all people here and that we should appreciate the humanity in one another.

Rest in Peace Gator, may you keep watch over the great swamp in the sky.
I feel the same way that you do. Johali and I did not get along. I never said a nice word about him nor him I.

I've felt pretty crappy the last day because obviously he was an extremely well liked poster and it just feels bad that I never had those sort of interactions with him. I was reading through his posts in the vacation thread and he just seemed like a very interesting and thoughtful guy. I wish I would have done something to make our posting relationship less hostile because this isn't a good feeling.
50 people can be placed in one room and it’s certain that at least two people will not see eye to eye, and for no apparent reason. I reckon it’s imperfect human nature. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion.

Hello all,
This is Mrs. Johali and it is with great sorrow and a heavy heart that I am writing an entry to inform you that Johali has passed away. He passed on October 20th fighting to the end as you would expect of him; telling me not to worry that he would be okay. He had talked to me periodically about if this were to happen that he wanted me to send out a message for him. He wanted me to say….Johali really enjoyed being a member of this forum since he retired. It gave him something to look forward to every day. He enjoyed the conversations, the banter and joking, as well as the news and information.

Thank you all so much for all of you well wishes and messages. He is at peace but know that he is still watching us :lilangel:.

Mrs. Johali, thanks for checking in with us. For me, it’s awesome to see that avatar with that name next to it.
Your husband was a friend to many here in our little community. We miss him dearly.
Please don’t be a stranger and feel free to pop in whenever you like.

Damn :(

Like a few others on here, I was lucky enough to receive a lot of Johali's NASCAR collectibles as a gift from him last year, which shows exactly the type of person he is. I never met the guy, yet he was generous enough to send me a ton of his cool stuff simply because he knew I would like and appreciate it. Such an awesome act of kindness from a great man.

Condolences to his wife, family, and friends. Even though I never got to meet him in person so I could shake his hand and drink a cold one together, I'm very glad I had the chance to know him thanks to this great forum.

RIP, Johali
:cheers:

Just returned from a two week trip and this is the first post I read on the forum. It should make us all more aware of our existence and the time allotted to each of us. Johali was truly one of the best, ever. He will be missed for many reasons, all good, by everyone. I'm thankful for the time he gave to us and this forum.

In retrospect, Johali left us when it was his time. He would have hated not being able to take his RV out this spring/summer.

Back
Top Bottom