Johali has passed

stunned. and saddened.

maybe a handful of posters on any message board are able to be passionate, opinionated, and informative. they are the ones that I learn to respect.

Johali was one of those.

never met him, but sure would have enjoyed the opportunity to share a race. especially one back in the Gordon/Earnhardt days.

we lost a great one here.

RIP.

This is a true shock to the system. Just wow.

What do you even say? He was one of the few posters here you could disagree with vehemently and he would still wish you well after.

We didn’t have much in common but when it came to our shared fandom of our man Gordon we were one on everything 24! God bless you and your family in these hard times and may you Rest In Peace.

Goodbye, Johali.

Damn. I haven't been on this forum in a long while.... what a thing to come back to.
It's crazy, today after reading a rumor about Kyle Busch and a monster girl on reddit - I don't know why but I thought of Johali and how he'd probably get quite a bit of mileage out of that story.

He was definitely a pillar of this community and yeah, a bit curmudgeonly at times - But he was a decent human being and always supportive and friendly to me and most others.
Condolences to his family and friends (here and there) - especially dpkimmel, who I know he was very close to.
He will, no doubt, be missed by all.
Rest in peace.

I'm glad that I had the opportunity to meet you and your better half to take in some racing. I'll never forget the good times and that mile wide smile on your face taking in those first laps at the inaugural Eldora Truck Race. I think you and I were the first ones in our seats for that event. When I get home and have the opportunity, I'm going to drink several Bud Lights in your honor friend.

RIP buddy!

17fdaa8295ea50a53ace42183689220d.jpg
cf201e9d01f63ca4fcb0217c269cd73a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
A thousand thank you’s for posting Johali’s photo. Now I know who I’ve been talking to all these years. You’re a lucky man to have met him.

So long old friend. I treasure the time we spent together on this message board, and even more the chance to have gotten to know you. You made this a better place. I will miss you. Last night I hoisted a Bud Light and a shot of Jack in your honor. Rest In Peace my friend.
upload_2019-10-21_8-23-14.gif

I could be completely off base here but I think, if/when you feel appropriate, Johali would be proud to have his thread moved from ChitChat to the Checked Flag section as a permanent fixture of this forum.

This is so heart breaking. Shedding tears for a really good guy that we're all lucky to have known. A very passionate fan of the sport everyone here follows in some form or another. He took great pride in bringing each and every weeks Pre-Race and Race Rating Threads to the masses here. If he knew he was going to be unavailable to do so, he'd make arrangements to have it done so everyone would have their place to go for information.

Steadfast in his fandom not taking crap from anyone about his beliefs. He was exactly as he portrayed himself to everyone here.

I'm not by any means trying to imply that Johali and I were best friends. We met a few times at races and conversed mostly through PM's. He met my wife and children and never failed to ask about them when we talked about things outside of this sport. A very thoughtful/caring guy.

He loved this sport and I'm sure looked at many on here as good friends. To say his presence here will be missed is a huge understatement.

RIP @Johali

9d68e9530b5a1ac3b7d571ab7f4d1223.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

A thousand thank you’s for posting Johali’s photo. Now I know who I’ve been talking to all these years. You’re a lucky man to have met him.
That pic was from the first day we met at Eldora. You can't tell from that picture but he was so excited to be there for that race. We both purchased our tickets and campsites the day they became available. A good time and great to finally meet face to face with a fellow forum member.

I could be completely off base here but I think, if/when you feel appropriate, Johali would be proud to have his thread moved from ChitChat to the Checked Flag section as a permanent fixture of this forum.
It will be moved to Checkered Flag in a few days. :)

And he will always be listed as a member.

This actually has me choked up.. we talked about him here last night. Its a weird feeling losing someone you've never actually met.. but I know you all understand what I mean. I'll think about him every time I see a pre race thread or look at the Pick Em or Big Dawgs standings.. Im going to go ahead and assume he would have got into the top 10 this season lol.. Cheers Gator man.. RIP
:cheers:

I just wanted to write a little more. Johali welcomed me when I first got here, and stood up for me when the trolls came after me and my danica fandom. He was as others have said, someone you couidl disagree with but he wouldnt let let get in the way of his friendship.

I'll miss ya gator,.

Our community is diminished today due to his passing. God speed.

Back
Top Bottom