Johali's Rate the Cup Championship race

I have no horse in the race and could care less about the championship. This isn't a "protest" vote but rather a..."this track and especially the racing package is mediocre" rating

Weird energy, weird new track in Phoenix, needs to go back to a Chase or Winston Cup format.

I have no horse in the race and could care less about the championship. This isn't a "protest" vote but rather a..."this track and especially the racing package is mediocre" rating
Pretty much all this. Take the championship drama out and it’s a BORING race.

Insane. Crazy racing throughout the pack, no one ever built more than a two second lead for first and the lead exchanged hands multiple times between different guys

Racing was great but the new Phoenix is just odd…… the camera angles act like the finish line never moved

Racing was great but the new Phoenix is just odd…… the camera angles act like the finish line never moved
They moved the stands and the front stretch for the dogleg. I can’t believe moving the front stretch affected a track this much but it did.

And even NBC kept saying “turn 1” as they entered new turn 3.

It’s bizarre. I don’t like this track.

They moved the stands and the front stretch for the dogleg. I can’t believe moving the front stretch affected a track this much but it did.

it’s just weird to me. Much better in person. Then they renovate everything the garages for 20 minutes of practice and 10 minutes of qualifying.

Loved this track as the penultimate race until Martinsville turned into the playoff drama race.

It was great the first year it was renovated, but since then it has been nothing more than a "restart" track...common for this package at most tracks, though

8 - that's a low rating from me I'm usually all in. I still hate that they can't let the championship race play out naturally and have to juice up those final 4 cars like they obviously do.

Didn’t give much attention to Newman’s final start at all

A much better race than I expected, better than I've seen at this track in a long time. Every championship player had their moments. It deserves a 10 on that alone.

I can't believe you guys don't like Phoenix. The drivers have options, there's actual off-throttle time here still, the desert scenery is awesome... we saw strong long run cars and strong short run cars, we saw position changes both on track and on pit road, we saw a nice green flag run to the finish instead of a GWC. And the most deserving driver of the season won the title.

What else do you people want?

Back
Top Bottom