Johali's Rate the Cup Championship race

I can't believe you guys don't like Phoenix. The drivers have options, there's actual off-throttle time here still, the desert scenery is awesome... we saw strong long run cars and strong short run cars, we saw position changes both on track and on pit road, we saw a nice green flag run to the finish instead of a GWC. And the most deserving driver of the season won the title.

What else do you people want?
More horsepower, less grip (no traction compound - what a joke that is), soft tires, lots of green flag strategy, no aversion to racing with a points leader no matter who you are.

Phoenix has the potential to be a wonderful track but the current package just does nothing for me. That notwithstanding, this race just wasn't one for my memory bank and I am ok with that. I give a "9" MAYBE twice per year for a race and usually average around a 6...that's not a direct knock on Phoenix. I call it as I see it and won't say "omg this race was amaaaazing" just because it's a championship event

Anytime you get a race doing 5 wide at times is getting a good rate from me.

That was a roller coaster ride, congratulations to Larson and the 5 team

More horsepower, less grip (no traction compound - what a joke that is), soft tires, lots of green flag strategy, no aversion to racing with a points leader no matter who you are.

Phoenix has the potential to be a wonderful track but the current package just does nothing for me. That notwithstanding, this race just wasn't one for my memory bank and I am ok with that. I give a "9" MAYBE twice per year for a race and usually average around a 6...that's not a direct knock on Phoenix. I call it as I see it and won't say "omg this race was amaaaazing" just because it's a championship event

They ran with no spoilers basically and high horsepower. Do they need to run 1000 hp with an old set of Hoosier tires for you to be happy?

I can’t rate it. I started watching and fell into a food coma. I guess Larson won.
Larson was the only guy that deserved the trophy.

Can't rate it since almost all the focus was on the championship contending drivers.

I'm sorry but year after year when the final 4 guys run basically 1-4 the majority of the time you can't convince me this is legitimate.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

This one is an easy one for me to rate. I give it a solid 10. I would have gave it a 10+ if Truex could have got close enough to do a little rubbing at the end. But not every race can end with a side by side metal denting photo finish. It had me on the edge of my chair from start to finish. The best team won this year because they stepped up instead of giving up when it looked like they were not going to succeed. Plus they earned it fair and square due to a legit caution that allowed them to make improvements and strut their stuff in the pits.:punkrocke

This one is an easy one for me to rate. I give it a solid 10. I would have gave it a 10+ if Truex could have got close enough to do a little rubbing at the end. But not every race can end with a side by side metal denting photo finish. It had me on the edge of my chair from start to finish. The best team won this year because they stepped up instead of giving up when it looked like they were not going to succeed. Plus they earned it fair and square due to a legit caution that allowed them to make improvements and strut their stuff in the pits.:punkrocke
Truex was closing the gap in the closing laps, I was on the edge of my seat.

no one can convince me that those 4 drivers would all run in the top 4/5 all race long if all drivers were racing for the win.

Agreed

I'm sorry but year after year when the final 4 guys run basically 1-4 the majority of the time you can't convince me this is legitimate.

This is pretty much where I'm at, and although I have accepted this playoff format, I'll never truly embrace it.

I still enjoyed the race, but I can't rate it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I think you (and many) misunderstand the state of professional racing today. These cars are just so heavily engineered, that when all of the might of the top teams are behind them, it’s almost impossible for the rest of the field to compete.

With the exception of plate races, Gibbs & Hendrick won 26 of 32 races this season. No one was competing with them most weekends anyways

@sdj

Would you please remove the political slogan from your signature line that appears in every post.

Thank you,
=Lew

• Haha
Reactions: sdj
It is legal, not political, thats what the lady said at the race track a while back after a race, just something I wanted to put there, so, no, I want remove it.

Back
Top Bottom