Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Bristol, dirt

8. 50 laps shorter, better tire, and a halfway break where NASCAR has 20 minutes to water the track and pack it down and you'll have an amazing show next year.

9. A true “throwback” race. Running the bottom at Bristol, bias ply, bumping, tire wear and dirt

10! There are some kinks to work out, but I thought this was a great race & can't wait to see it again next year!

I guess I don't know enough about dirt racing to appreciate what I was watching. I could only compare it to this same race on asphalt, and it didn't look much different to me.

I took off a point for no competitive stops, too many scheduled cautions, poor visibility, a track maintenance delay that anywhere else would rightfully be called a red flag, and the missing 250 laps that got lost somewhere.

9. Huge props to NASCAR for trying something new. Obviously there were some issues that can be ironed out before next year, but I'm glad the sport was bold enough to try something like this. Haters once again proven dead wrong.

I'll go with a 9. This race was a lot of fun to watch.

The reason I'm not rating it a 10- there was no pit strategy in this race. Hopefully, there will be pit strategy in this race next year.

Too many mixed thoughts for me on this race. First time I have ever
seen a water truck come out in the middle of an A main feature, but I digress.

4 (good effort on NASCARs part, they went outside the box)

8.5, better than I thought it would be.😃

I’ll give it an 8. The only problem I had was I couldn’t see but I thought that was more a Fox issue than anything else. I do prefer the traditional Food City 500 as I thought there was nothing wrong with it and was always entertained. I hope they do dirt again on next years schedule but try a dirt track that already has dirt racing at it.

7 out of 10, wasn't the farce I was expecting.. Decent action throughout the track, but if this is going to be a permanent thing, it should be a once a year thing

I’ll give it an 8. The only problem I had was I couldn’t see but I thought that was more a Fox issue than anything else. I do prefer the traditional Food City 500 as I thought there was nothing wrong with it and was always entertained. I hope they do dirt again on next years schedule but try a dirt track that already has dirt racing at it.

Also they already announced halfway through today's race that they will be running Bristol dirt again next spring.

I guess I don't know enough about dirt racing to appreciate what I was watching. I could only compare it to this same race on asphalt, and it didn't look much different to me.

I took off a point for no competitive stops, too many scheduled cautions, poor visibility, a track maintenance delay that anywhere else would rightfully be called a red flag, and the missing 250 laps that got lost somewhere.
This.....but I didn't hate it....just seemed like Bristol with a bunch of dust....and no pit stops. I will study more. I give it 7....same as @Charlie Spencer.

9 in spite of the fact that Lagano won. I hope they make it a night race next year though. That would solve a lot of problems. Some dirt racing should be a permanent part of NASCAR going forward.

7. It was ok. Extremely good stuff when there was a top for 10 or so laps toward the end. NEEDS to be a night race. Run this with a 7 PM start and you have absolute gold. Day racing one lane dustbowl most of the race.

Back
Top Bottom