Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Kansas

8. I love Kansas. Saw passing for the lead ( during green flag runs ) and throughout the field. No PJ1....

8 for the competitiveness and the lack of any long, dull periods. Wish somebody I pull for could've won though.

My rating might be a bit harsh; I'm just happy it wasn't another follow the leader event.

Kinda became a wreckfest and would've been a fantastic finish if they were a little less aero dependent. Seems like you can get to half a second behind someone and then you stall.

10 - rating somewhat tainted by the fact it has been quite a while since I could watch a race live on TV.

9,9......cars able to race each other ,,,tire choices,,, multiple lanes to run,,,passing,,,exciting restarts,,,

small sample ; how did Hamlin get to the front, how did Truex get to 3rd ??
So that is two...in how many laps? What happened to the days that multiple drivers would change positions throughout the field on a consistent basis?

9 different leaders with 22 lead changes amongst them and that doesn't count any of the field. Pleasant dreams.
Ok...all at the front of the field. Guess the days of saying driver xyz passed 80 cars throughout the race are over. Would like to find the stats, but believe the early '90's had some of the most field shuffling going on.

I'm pretty sure Kurt passed about 20 cars and got passed as many times.

That's probably being conservative

Back
Top Bottom