Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Richmond

7. Only thing that saved this race’s entertainment was the amount of strategy going on. Other than that these guys just phone the race in. No cautions and all clean cars at Richmond shows an obvious lack of aggression/passion for this race. Low energy.

7. Good racing all around, strategy and upset driver in the top 5. Onto Bristol

6...tires, engines, cars and drivers are so good that nothing caused a caution . Even Jacque stayed home.

The different strategies was fun to watch.

It was great to see Brad win it but as others have said it wasn't a riveting experience.
I did enjoy a nice clean race, drivers got what they could from their cars and there were not many stupid moves.

Not a great race, but Brad's my guy, so I enjoyed it. It was very cool that Kez "called his shot" and then was able to back it up. However, I was disappointed not to see Brad give "Old Glory" a nice ride around Richmond as is his custom after a win.... an unfortunate end to a dominant win.

5. Snoozer. Which kills me to say because I want THIS package at every track. Dare I say that Richmond has gone from a cant miss race to Pocono/Loudon tier? (Ignore that Loudon was actually good this year...)

5. Snoozer. Which kills me to say because I want THIS package at every track. Dare I say that Richmond has gone from a cant miss race to Pocono/Loudon tier? (Ignore that Loudon was actually good this year...)

I agree somewhat, although it feels ‘wrong’ to say. I feel like no one is supposed to say anything bad about the track or it’s racing lol

Maybe the new car will spice up the action in the coming years. Just tryin to say something positive about it...

6 - liked seeing a BK win

plus everybody wondering what in Sam Hill goosed the 3 car.

Loved the green flag racing but there wasn't much excitement aside from Dillon

long runs and great strategery were great.
better racing if they us sealer on track like they used to.

Don’t know what it is, but this track is a shell of what it once was.

7.75 It was a nice change of pace to see a clean race with numerous strategies employed.

5. I don't think it's the track, it's the car you bring to the track

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. Okay but Richmond is usually not the most exciting place. Let’s be honest, these long races can be meh as everyone is protecting their cars

MarkMartin6.jpg

Don’t know what it is, but this track is a shell of what it once was.
I think the technology has exceeded the obstacles for this track. When was the last time we saw a brake failure at Richmond? A melted bead? Also doesnt seem to be much incentive for drivers to race hard there. I still think the biggest detriment to some short tracks is the lack of drive-off horsepower needed after rolling through the turn.

I think the technology has exceeded the obstacles for this track. When was the last time we saw a brake failure at Richmond? A melted bead? Also doesnt seem to be much incentive for drivers to race hard there. I still think the biggest detriment to some short tracks is the lack of drive-off horsepower needed after rolling through the turn.
That and the aero/weak bodies. When's the last time you saw a car win with any amount of significant damage? Drivers won't beat and bang because the flimsy body bends and their aero is junk the rest of the race.

That and the aero/weak bodies. When's the last time you saw a car win with any amount of significant damage? Drivers won't beat and bang because the flimsy body bends and their aero is junk the rest of the race.

One bang in the side and you have a cut tire
make the body a couple of inches wider giving tires a little room

Can't wait for composite bodies a la the Xfinity cars.

Back
Top Bottom