Johali's Rate the Cup race --- Talladega

I give it an 8, a lot of movers, a lot of comer and goers, pretty clean race until the end. Although I do have to take a couple of points off because of the iRacing crash-fest that happens at every plate track when they cross the line for the checker.

Last lap (or2) passes always get a
from me.
Plus a photo finish is the cherry on top.

8.0. It was a good race considering it is a restrictor plate track. The drivers kept their cool and used good judgement. Lot of passing. 👍

8. It was exciting at the end because I was torn of who I wanted to win; Harvick or Blaney.

2, that race was pretty damn boring like all plate races. Outside of the last lap not much happened.

8. Lots of drama and great finish, but still can’t move forward without an act of God it seems.

How about unrestricted 13:1 at Dega? Would you still hate the track?
Likely not. But that isn’t going to happen. The track will never be what it once was. It’s just a place where a large pack of cars ride around until they all crash. That’s really all it is anymore.
Get rid of the track if you’re going to cut the balls off the racecar.
They got rid of Fontana for 💰💰💰
NASCAR is now in this for extreme profit, not for quality of racing.
Soon everything will be a half mile or worse; The Coliseum.
They’ve been blowing up my phone and email to buy Coliseum tickets.
I literally wouldn’t attend if it was free and they Uber’d me there.

Likely not. But that isn’t going to happen. The track will never be what it once was. It’s just a place where a large pack of cars ride around until they all crash. That’s really all it is anymore.
Get rid of the track if you’re going to cut the balls off the racecar.
They got rid of Fontana for 💰💰💰
NASCAR is now in this for extreme profit, not for quality of racing.
Soon everything will be a half mile or worse; The Coliseum.
They’ve been blowing up my phone and email to buy Coliseum tickets.
I literally wouldn’t attend if it was free and they Uber’d me there.
That's the answer I was looking for.Its not the track, its the rules you hate.

That's the answer I was looking for.Its not the track, its the rules you hate.
But it’s the rules we have. So the track is obsolete.
They go hand in hand. The rules aren’t going anywhere. NASCAR is cashdeaf. Retire the outdated track and stop the anticipation of “the big one.”

But it’s the rules we have. So the track is obsolete.
They go hand in hand. The rules aren’t going anywhere. NASCAR is cashdeaf. Retire the outdated track and stop the anticipation of “the big one.”
I know. What would be your definition of a good rules package for Dega? BTW, I'm not trying to be confrontational, Im seriously asking for your input.

I know. What would be your definition of a good rules package for Dega? BTW, I'm not trying to be confrontational, Im seriously asking for your input.
I’m not privy to what the total package is. I do know that the racing has been terrible, IMO. I used to be a hardcore fan but that left decades ago after the relatives took over. I used to know what track was next, now it doesn’t matter.
If it were up to me, I’d listen to the drivers. This racing is mediocre at best but it’s the only stock car racing on TV, so we tolerate it.
They got rid of Fontana and that was some great stuff, check the ratings thread. You’ll have the “bUt thE tV cOnTrAcT” people here, but a more expensive media contract hasn’t led to an equally awesome product on the racetrack.
I don’t have the answers, but it is my opinion that they’re going in the wrong direction.

I’m not privy to what the total package is. I do know that the racing has been terrible, IMO. I used to be a hardcore fan but that left decades ago after the relatives took over. I used to know what track was next, now it doesn’t matter.
If it were up to me, I’d listen to the drivers. This racing is mediocre at best but it’s the only stock car racing on TV, so we tolerate it.
They got rid of Fontana and that was some great stuff, check the ratings thread. You’ll have the “bUt thE tV cOnTrAcT” people here, but a more expensive media contract hasn’t led to an equally awesome product on the racetrack.
I don’t have the answers, but it is my opinion that they’re going in the wrong direction.
I love Fontana, and I'd be willing to bet that their is some behind the scene political stuff going on because NASCAR can see the product there NOW is outstanding and they wouldn't just shelve it for no reason.

I love Fontana, and I'd be willing to bet that their is some behind the scene political stuff going on because NASCAR can see the product there NOW is outstanding and they wouldn't just shelve it for no reason.
It is for greed. That is what nascar is about now. It started out that nascar was about racing. Racing is now second in line to greed.

I’m not sure I’ll be back at Fontana for the short shoot. I’ve had 10 seats there for a long time.
It depends on what my friends want to do.

Back
Top Bottom