Johali's Rate The Race Thread - Daytona 500

0.1 The worst of everything. Boring racing, huge wrecks caused by bump drafting and blocking, a loooong rain delay, and finishing after midnight. What was there NOT to hate? McDowell was a feel good story, but I have some beefs with him going all the way back to his days in Grand Am, so even that didn't do it for me. The ONLY redeeming factor for me was Elliott NARROWLY missing at least four wrecks and coming home in one piece.

Typical super speedway race. If I was in grade school, I would call it a C...C-....so I will go 7.0. Denny Hamlin has to be considered one of the greatest super speedway drivers of all time. Reminds me of Junior. Everybody is manufacturer loyal (which I love) until they have a chance to ride with him.

I'm not going to give the race a rating... but I am going give a high five or a 10 rating to NASCAR, the drivers and their crews, track personnel, and the tv personnel for hanging in there for those long hours to get this race in that us fans did get to see. It was not that hard for me to sit here in front of my tv and computer eating all day and reading all of the whining in the race thread while waiting out the rain. I'm already ready for race number 2. :punkrocke

I love my DVR!!

7 is my number for this race.

I attached a photo of a NASCAR Transporter Leaving The Daytona 500 on 2/14/2021
:lol2:

Nascar Transporter wrecks 2021.jpg

Not a whole lot worth rating after the anticipation buildup from the offseason and then rain delay. Also while I love seeing an underdog win like that, the fact that it is McDowell seems very anticlimactic. So I will give it a 7 for McDowell's car number (3+4=7, since 34 is too high a number).

Problem is we started drinking when the race started and maintained until the very end. So while we had some great conversations, at least I think, the racing became secondary. Since there is no set rules for rating the race I am going with an 8, mostly because of the family time it provided for us.

Back
Top Bottom