Johali’s Rate the Race Thread: Los Angeles

One of the greatest things about yesterday was I saw a lot of people enjoying this great sport. NASCAR found a way to get people to take a peek. If 2006ish was NASCAR's downfall, could this be the start of a resurgence? I hope so. Those new to the sport got what we have known all along.

I thought the announcers did an excellent job.
Hated the jumpy camera work.
Loved most of the racing!

Race - 7
Heats - 9
Fox coverage - 1
Get rid of all the music and give us more interviews and coverage of the behind the scenes during the races.
I don't think you can really give coverage of behind the scenes during the races when they're clicking off 14 second laps

To be more clear about my comment, not "during" the race but in between racing. I would like to have more coverage of anything to do with cars, drivers, crews, etc. than watching musical guests. That's all I want when tuning into a race but that's just me.

To be more clear about my comment, not "during" the race but in between racing. I would like to have more coverage of anything to do with cars, drivers, crews, etc. than watching musical guests. That's all I want when tuning into a race but that's just me.

I'd rather see the musical performances than that stuff Fox aired.

Fox isn't going to give us behind the scenes stuff. That's just not how it works with them. They're going to give us lame comedy skits, taped segments, Clint Bowyer skits, and a bunch of people talking about "what to expect" for 45 minutes.

10. To throw a racetrack together in that short of a time frame, promote it and have the success they had is nothing short of phenomenal. Fox could work on a few things like doing interviews without a splitscreen with cars on the track, laps go by too quickly for that, but all in all I thought they were trying to be creative and I give them credit for that

10. To throw a racetrack together in that short of a time frame, promote it and have the success they had is nothing short of phenomenal. Fox could work on a few things like doing interviews without a splitscreen with cars on the track, laps go by too quickly for that, but all in all I thought they were trying to be creative and I give them credit for that
Absolutely. I think Ben Kennedy put a very good program together in such a short amount of time.

Race-7

Heats-9

The feature should have been longer, but first time was pretty good. I hope NASCAR does this again next year

You might not be part of the target market, Charles. 😎
@aunty dive , I get that much. I get that it's an entertainment business and has to keep up with the change in demographics. I guess I'm becoming That Guy, concerned that long-term changes to appeal to a different audience may not be to my liking. While I'll continue to express my preferences, I'll try my damnedest to avoid saying NASCAR 'needs' to keep things as I like.

Back
Top Bottom