Josh Berry appreciation thread

It took along time for Junior to move him up. Could he be one of those drivers that does great on the track but can't attract sponsors? Many great and deserving drivers are lost in todays racing simple because they can't attract sponsors and yet people like Annette get a ride. Algier is another, he can drive but he keeps his ride only as long as he can keep his sponsor.

When JRM announced Berry would run 12 races for them I thought he might be in contention for a Top 5 on a short track.
He then got the win at Martinsville and proceeded to contend for wins on all types of tracks. Would've won Michigan as well if not for the late cautions.

It took along time for Junior to move him up. Could he be one of those drivers that does great on the track but can't attract sponsors? Many great and deserving drivers are lost in todays racing simple because they can't attract sponsors and yet people like Annette get a ride. Algier is another, he can drive but he keeps his ride only as long as he can keep his sponsor.
Annette is loaded, if he wants a ride he can get it.

Certainly no one would argue he's not ready for this next step. I'm amazed how quickly he adapts to new tracks and how few mistakes he makes. He's already a top tier driver at the Xfinity level.

He won Vegas by 4 1/2 seconds and they cleared tech.

1632667189949.png

Annette is loaded, if he wants a ride he can get it.

Well, if I'm Annett, I'm looking at myself in the mirror and realizing that a rookie with little big track experience just stepped into MY car and smoked the field, something I've never even come close to doing. That would get ME to think about channeling all that sponsorship money to someone that can actually accomplish something with it instead of just taking up space.

Well, if I'm Annett, I'm looking at myself in the mirror and realizing that a rookie with little big track experience just stepped into MY car and smoked the field, something I've never even come close to doing. That would get ME to think about channeling all that sponsorship money to someone that can actually accomplish something with it instead of just taking up space.
Uh no. Menard for example and hundreds of well off drivers over the years have been able to enjoy motor racing because they can afford it. This ain't football, money talks in motorsports.

Uh no. Menard for example and hundreds of well off drivers over the years have been able to enjoy motor racing because they can afford it. This ain't football, money talks in motorsports.

Well then maybe they should take their money and drop down to a form of motorsports they can actually be competitive in.

Well then maybe they should take their money and drop down to a form of motorsports they can actually be competitive in.
That's a football mentality. Annett can afford to race in the Xfinity. Probably couldn't do that in cup like Menard was able to do for years.

What does this have to do with my statement and besides he probably knows he's not the best driver out there but he enjoys it and he can afford it. He doesnt owe anyone a shot and he can run as long as he wants. I hate when people want to spend other peoples money, get your own.

Reactions: sdj
How do you look at your crew every week and know that YOU are the reason you're running 8th-15th every week when obviously they are good enough to win races?

Congratulations to Berry, well deserved win.

Hope he is the second coming of Dick Trickle (in relation to the age thing, adjusted for the times). Unfortunately, even if he is successful, he is already thirty years old which in today's racing gives him a very limited opportunity to move up for any sustained amount of time. Heck, he is competing against 17 and 18 year olds that will be definite winners if they are not already.

Ask one of the ARCA boys you jacked.
It wasn't the drivers holding us back, it was money. I can also tell you that about four of us on the crew made a pact that if the team progressed to the point that WE were the weak link, we would voluntarily step back from our duties, whether it was going over the wall or working on the car at all. It appeared that might be on the verge of happening a couple of times, but sadly it never worked out.

I agree. Yes he can afford it lie some say, but he's been hurt, and he could still use that to help Berry, kind of like Menard did for Matt D, to a lesser degree.

I agree. Yes he can afford it lie some say, but he's been hurt, and he could still use that to help Berry, kind of like Menard did for Matt D, to a lesser degree.
I meant like*, not lie, btw

Congratulations to Berry, well deserved win.

Hope he is the second coming of Dick Trickle (in relation to the age thing, adjusted for the times). Unfortunately, even if he is successful, he is already thirty years old which in today's racing gives him a very limited opportunity to move up for any sustained amount of time. Heck, he is competing against 17 and 18 year olds that will be definite winners if they are not already.
30 + 10 makes him younger than Harvick, 10 time couple mil per year makes him a great retirement fund.

Nothing wrong with Annett running part time when he wants and funding Berry.

I don’t like seeing rich folks pricing this sport out of existence (it’s NASCARs biggest problem is these young spoon fed rich kids that no one relates to), but it is what it is

Maybe his crew realizes they are lucky to have a job. No Annette, no sponsor, no car for them to crew. Unemployed.
All this save the crew B.S. nonsense. These guys go where the job and the money is. Next week they might be filling in or employed by somebody else.

Nothing wrong with Annett running part time when he wants and funding Berry.

I don’t like seeing rich folks pricing this sport out of existence (it’s NASCARs biggest problem is these young spoon fed rich kids that no one relates to), but it is what it is
you mean young boys like Jeff Gordon who ruined the sport because his daddy funded him?

I see Josh as a very appreciative driver of the opportunity that he now has in the Bush, er, Xfinity series. He is humble and calm, I like that. He has the talent all he needs is the equipment to match his talent.

To the surprise of nobody, he won. Damn good race though. And that Legends race was ****** incredible. @sky

Back
Top Bottom