Kamui Kobayashi Appreciation Thread

Total respect for Kobayashi. The man dazzled the world of competitive eating for several seasons. He made a 50 HDBs a basic expectation for winning Nathans Hot Dog eating contest.
The most fascinating thing about him was the charismatic artistry of his eating rhythm. The world was mesmerized and spellbound by the way he commanded the eating table.

It was truly a sad time when the jaw arthritis shortened his career. It was difficult to watch and left many in tears.It just seemed so unfair to see it end that way.

But you can't keep a good man down, and now we have Kobayashi the racer. A true inspiration. A man who has something to say, a true demonstration of courage and heroic determination.

I can’t wait. Idk about you, but at least to me he’s the face of Toyota motorsports. Super talented and I love his tenacity.
I agree with this 100%. He's been the face of Toyota for years now, Kamui reminds me a lot of Ukyo Katayama from back in the mid 90s. Just methodical, but absolutely ruthless.

I'm excited to see how he handles a Cup car. I'd also love to see Mike Conway as well in the future.

I can’t wait. Idk about you, but at least to me he’s the face of Toyota motorsports. Super talented and I love his tenacity.
The face of Toyota Motorsports....Interesting take....Not sure as Toyota has the GR group in Japan/Europe, and TRD is seen as a separate entity over here. Kind of cool to see the globalization of NASCAR start by bringing this kind of talent in. I love how Toyota initiated this. At the very beginning you had Toyota Japan, and I am not sure that they cared much about anything other than trophies and championships over here. Now, the home of Toyota is starting to take notice. This is interesting and exciting.

Total respect for Kobayashi. The man dazzled the world of competitive eating for several seasons. He made a 50 HDBs a basic expectation for winning Nathans Hot Dog eating contest.
The most fascinating thing about him was the charismatic artistry of his eating rhythm. The world was mesmerized and spellbound by the way he commanded the eating table.

It was truly a sad time when the jaw arthritis shortened his career. It was difficult to watch and left many in tears. It just seemed so unfair to see it end that way.

But you can't keep a good man down, and now we have Kobayashi the racer. A true inspiration. A man who has something to say, a true demonstration of courage and heroic determination.

All it needs is a number and a little air in the tires. :cool:

hot dog car.jpg

The face of Toyota Motorsports....Interesting take....Not sure as Toyota has the GR group in Japan/Europe, and TRD is seen as a separate entity over here. Kind of cool to see the globalization of NASCAR start by bringing this kind of talent in. I love how Toyota initiated this. At the very beginning you had Toyota Japan, and I am not sure that they cared much about anything other than trophies and championships over here. Now, the home of Toyota is starting to take notice. This is interesting and exciting.
Toyota will have senior brass from Japan come see their first NASCAR race. Huge deal for sure.

Who dafook is that guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's probably going to win Sunday. He's super accomplished, he's in a fast Toyota and apparently, rumor is, he absolutely crushed the test.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Who dafook is that guy

Let's see...

Two-Time WEC World Champion
24 Hours of LeMans - Overall Winner
Two-time Rolex 24 winner

Has multiple feeder series pieces of hardware.

He's won in practically everything he's driven in. Or has over performed a lot of the cars he's driven in.

Hope he has a great race and I think everyone will like Kamui's driving style when he gains confidence racing.

He's probably going to win Sunday. He's super accomplished, he's in a fast Toyota and apparently, rumor is, he absolutely crushed the test.

Fine but when Joey Logano is cramming it in 6 wide on the bottom into turn 1 on the 4th green white checkered, speed doesn’t matter lol

Let's see...

Two-Time WEC World Champion
24 Hours of LeMans - Overall Winner
Two-time Rolex 24 winner

Has multiple feeder series pieces of hardware.

He's won in practically everything he's driven in. Or has over performed a lot of the cars he's driven in.

Hope he has a great race and I think everyone will like Kamui's driving style when he gains confidence racing.

Adding to that he also has a podium finish in F1 (Suzuka 2012) and had the potential for many more if his career wasn't cut short due a lack of sponsorship.
He finished 6th in only his second F1 start but Toyota announced their withdrawal three days later
When he was driving Sauber he'd pull off some overtakes reminiscent of how Sato races in IndyCar. Kamui was one of the most spectacular drivers in F1 in the early 2010s.

Just purchased a Kamui t-shirt. LFG. #BeatSVG

This is absolutely HUGE for Toyota. TRD runs everything in North America, and it has always been as long as the budget works, and WE bring home a few trophies, all is good. This is kind of a Toyota Global thing to bring Kamui here--something that hasn't really been a thing with NASCAR. The top brass from Japan will be here. I think that it is also interesting that we will be seeing the GR branding on the hood of Kamui's car. This will be a race within a race IMO. You have Kamui going up against SVG et al.....while the rest of it plays out. I am so damn excited for this! #BeatSVG

This is absolutely HUGE for Toyota. TRD runs everything in North America, and it has always been as long as the budget works, and WE bring home a few trophies, all is good. This is kind of a Toyota Global thing to bring Kamui here--something that hasn't really been a thing with NASCAR. The top brass from Japan will be here. I think that it is also interesting that we will be seeing the GR branding on the hood of Kamui's car. This will be a race within a race IMO. You have Kamui going up against SVG et al.....while the rest of it plays out. I am so damn excited for this! #BeatSVG
Not sure if you know this, but is it a one off? Or could this be like an SVG situation where it leads to a full-time cup ride?

Not sure if you know this, but is it a one off? Or could this be like an SVG situation where it leads to a full-time cup ride?

100% one off IMO....Kamui is the Team Principal for the WEC program. However, in reading David's interview, I think there might be more opportunities for drivers from other parts of the Toyota FAMILY (caps are for @StandOnIt) moving forward using 23XI ala the Project 91 program at Trackhouse. Love how he talks....engineers everything--including the driver. Love it.

I will add this....there was a time early in Toyota's involvement in NASCAR when execs from Japan were transported around the track in vans with deep tint windows because they were not wanted here. Now, we have a Japanese driver participating. In a week when Noah Gragson opened up the conversation about just how much NASCAR has progressed, I find that refreshing, and it gives me hope.

Too many variables in Cup races to say any one driver is going to win before they even practice, but given how good Reddick has been on road courses, it says a lot that he was impressed with how Kamui looked within three or four laps at VIR. With how much better Toyota’s road course program is this year, I hope he to see him spend a lot of time in the top 5/10.

Too many variables in Cup races to say any one driver is going to win before they even practice, but given how good Reddick has been on road courses, it says a lot that he was impressed with how Kamui looked within three or four laps at VIR. With how much better Toyota’s road course program is this year, I hope he to see him spend a lot of time in the top 5/10.
I think that Kamui's benchmark is SVG. Beat him and I think you have done something particularly because Kamui is coming from lighter less Next Gen like cars.

You have been given much leash on this forum with this kind of thing. I won't call you a name, but it would cause one to Google "xenophobic" maybe.
Probably be a better idea not to mention me by name in your posts to start with. FaFo.

Probably be a better idea not to mention me by name in your posts to start with. FaFo.
FaFo....Love the keyboard warrior flex. You could ignore me, but you probably won't.

You have been given much leash on this forum with this kind of thing. I won't call you a name, but it would cause one to Google "xenophobic" maybe.
Perfectly fine, pot calling the kettle, to call someone a felon who has a full pardon. So don't lay your nonsense on me. The only time I went on this thread was after I got a notification that a certain Revman had mentioned my name. You do you. I'm done here.

I highly doubt we ever see anybody pull off what SVG did again. That was a perfect combination that all came together for him.

Anybody can drive fast, but there’s been so many world class road ringers come into cup and flop that I don’t put much merit in them.

He’s in a yota, it’ll be cheated up anyway

I highly doubt we ever see anybody pull off what SVG did again. That was a perfect combination that all came together for him.

Anybody can drive fast, but there’s been so many world class road ringers come into cup and flop that I don’t put much merit in them.

He’s in a yota, it’ll be cheated up anyway

I have no idea who he is but.. I hope he does pull it off. Then gets promptly DQd. That would be beautiful.

Perfectly fine, pot calling the kettle, to call someone a felon who has a full pardon. So don't lay your nonsense on me. The only time I went on this thread was after I got a notification that a certain Revman had mentioned my name. You do you. I'm done here.
Screw that. You take shots at a culture, and my felon line is reciprocation for the constant preacher stuff. I get it....I think you are butt hurt because I am right, and called you out on your ****. I am done as well.

I think that Kamui's benchmark is SVG. Beat him and I think you have done something particularly because Kamui is coming from lighter less Next Gen like cars.

Well these aged poorly. SVG P10, Kobayashi P33

Back
Top Bottom