Kansas RACE thread

i cant believe harvick couldn't pass him with 22 lap fresher tires....pretty good run for tony.....finished 12th

Clean air is still premium. And those tires didn't fade at all.

I keep hearing how great NASCAR is this year and every time I watch, it's the same thing as always. Rock tires and clean air.

This race sucked. Barf.

Tell me if you've read this script before?

1) Truex Jr. leads a bazillion laps, self destructs at the end.

2) Late race cautions to set up a close finish.

3) The 18 rockets away from the field cause you can't pass the leader.

4) The 4 comes home 2nd.

I'll pass on Charlotte. Still got some work to do with this aero/tire combo. Maybe, just maybe Martin Truex Jr. will win a race with the vastly superior car one of these days before Cole Pearn inevitably gets poached by Hendrick.

This is the same story every week. Good race, but same result.

I said it last year though. When races come down to late race restarts, Kyle Busch will win 100% of the time. Simply because, like him or not, he's the greatest of all time.

JGR by far has the best stuff right now...

Best cars, best engines, best teams, and the best driver I've ever seen. I'd be shocked if Kyle came away with less than 12 wins this year.

The best car on the track tonight was the 78 but its very refreshing to see the 4 car struggle a bit .... Kyle was pulling away ever so slightly on way older tires. JGR has really gotten with the program in Xfinity and cup though.

This race sucked. Barf.

Tell me if you've read this script before?

1) Truex Jr. leads a bazillion laps, self destructs at the end.

2) Late race cautions to set up a close finish.

3) The 18 rockets away from the field cause you can't pass the leader.

4) The 4 comes home 2nd.

I'll pass on Charlotte. Still got some work to do with this aero/tire combo. Maybe, just maybe Martin Truex Jr. will win a race with the vastly superior car one of these days before Cole Pearn inevitably gets poached by Hendrick.

Truex is to Kyle Busch what Harvick is to Jimmie Johnson. Both guys always lose when their counterpart is in contention

Kyle had a 3-5th place car today, just like Texas.

Blaney with a solid Top 5 tonight, had fun watching Larson and when Harvick almost passed Kyle, not sure where Dale was tonight but I'll take 15th... onto The Johnson Mile.

It was a piece of debris Harvick hit, allegedly.
Ch5uz8GUUAAvWTV.jpg:large

The best car on the track tonight was the 78 but its very refreshing to see the 4 car struggle a bit .... Kyle was pulling away ever so slightly on way older tires. JGR has really gotten with the program in Xfinity and cup though.

The 78 is a JGR car.

They are the class of the field hands down, Kyle was no worse than a 5th - 6th place car tonight. Especially when you have inconsistent young guns with Blaney and Larson in the top 5, so I mean I'm not discrediting Kyle. Yet at the same time it was not something overly out of the ordinary. Toyota has the field on lock, it's up to everyone else to find more speed.

Equally impressed with Blaney and Elliott.

No favorites as of right now, but they are keepers. Also, shoutout to Austin Dillon who is 8th in the point standings as of right now. Quietly stringing a good season together for that 3 team.

Kyle's the greatest ever but Harvick faded because of air.

And nobody will admit this, but if NASCAR cuts the spoilers off, gets the cars off the ground and brings a tire that fades, Kyle Busch will win every single race. He's that damn good.

Kyle had a 3-5th place car today, just like Texas.

Yep. Truex was, as he has been every race this year, the best car in the field.

Five years ago, Kyle Busch's immaturity turned a fifth place car into a DNF. He's matured and now is turning fifth place cars into wins. He's gonna make history the next 10 years.

In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if Kyle won 10 races every year and won eight championships. Everyone inside the sport knows he's the best ever.

Yep. Truex was, as he has been every race this year, the best car in the field.

Five years ago, Kyle Busch's immaturity turned a fifth place car into a DNF. He's matured and now is turning fifth place cars into wins. He's gonna make history the next 10 years.

In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if Kyle won 10 races every year and won eight championships. Everyone inside the sport knows he's the best ever.

Geeze lay off the Kyle butt kissing man. Ever heard of clean air! No doubt Kyle is great but that was all clean air with these cars.

loved that the 10 team went for it and lead some laps. I think shes led the most laps she ever has this year. What did you think @Mr Excitement

Best cars, best engines, best teams, and the best driver I've ever seen. I'd be shocked if Kyle came away with less than 12 wins this year.
Hes only got 3 wins so far dude. If JJ wins Dover next weekend and gets his 3rd win will you be brown nosing him too?

No doubt the Toyotas are killin it this year but I think youre forgetting that Kyle still hasta compete with everyone else.

Kyle had a top 5 car and the race fell into his lap once the #78 crew flopped and Denny took out the #42 and #2. Its not like Kyle ran away with the race all night.

Hes only got 3 wins so far dude. If JJ wins Dover next weekend and gets his 3rd win will you be brown nosing him too?

No doubt the Toyotas are killin it this year but I think youre forgetting that Kyle still hasta compete with everyone else.

Kyle had a top 5 car and the race fell into his lap once the #78 crew flopped and Denny took out the #42 and #2. Its not like Kyle ran away with the race all night.

Kyle hasn't dominated races, he's just there at the end. Most of his wins last year, he won because of late race restarts (or won with NASCAR's help).

The end of the burnout is nighe. Danica said on scanner as race was over "jeez...these guys are...what...they are all slamming the wall with the RH side...we are definitely missing something here" <<paraphrased from memory. i won't be surprised in a rule change happens. No more burnouts, no more "accidentally" brushing the wall after the race, etc. They are messing with the RH body panels. Crash damage gets them off-the-hook so-to-speak.

loved that the 10 team went for it and lead some laps. I think shes led the most laps she ever has this year. What did you think @Mr Excitement
even tho she lead, she was still a lap down, it's not like she passed cars to lead, she just stayed out on the track longer, but was really a lap down once she hit pit road.

Who's in to pitch in and send Andy a KB hat, t-shirt, and a year's supply of m&m's?

This stuff is comical to read.

Gordon had a 5 year win total of 47 races from '95-'99. If this greatest of all time that you speak of is anywhere in the stratosphere of that, he'd better get going.

The end of the burnout is nighe. Danica said on scanner as race was over "jeez...these guys are...what...they are all slamming the wall with the RH side...we are definitely missing something here" <<paraphrased from memory. i won't be surprised in a rule change happens. No more burnouts, no more "accidentally" brushing the wall after the race, etc. They are messing with the RH body panels. Crash damage gets them off-the-hook so-to-speak.

This is an interesting speculation. I didn't notice cars slamming the wall after the race.

I enjoyed the race even though I rated it a 6 as it wasn't much of a race, IMO. I knew Truex would not win as the 78 team could have 5 laps on the field and somehow come away without the victory but it was a lot of fun watching him spank the field. The most impressive aspect of the race was how the 18 team, with strategy and lights out driving from Kyle, got it done. Kyle may be an insufferable little jerk but when he is on his game there is no one better and it was enjoyable seeing him take a 3rd or 4th place car and get everything he could from it.

This is an interesting speculation. I didn't notice cars slamming the wall after the race.
Just what was said on the backstretch after the checkered. I believe even her spotter said something to her to watch out for those guys ahead. CC acknowledged it was happening. But maybe they made it all up...like debris cautions?:rolleyes:

IMO, part of the reason for the tire blowing burn out, is to damage the car so they can't see what they are doing during the race. But YMMV.:eek:

Only 3? Lol. But the scary thing is he's had himself in contention almost every single race. And the only race he had a dominant piece was Martinsville. Led late at Vegas with a 7th place car, let late at Richmond, and finishes 2nd at dega. Even the weeks he doesn't win he's right there. Typically for Rowdy its checkers or wreckers but since his injury he's scary consistent and fast

Typical Sprint Cup racing, can't pass the leader.
Andy, I get it that you dislike Nascar racing and are proud of it. We all get that, 'cause you post it here constantly.

But seriously, dude, if you had been watching the races all this year, there is no way you'd post something like that quote above. Kansas was the first race of 2016 with serious aero issues. At all the other races, the lower downforce rules of 2016 have virtually eliminated the Clean Air Is King Syndrome.

Geeze lay off the Kyle butt kissing man. Ever heard of clean air! No doubt Kyle is great but that was all clean air with these cars.

It took a team effort to get the 18 in clean air .... the driver helped

Only 3? Lol. But the scary thing is he's had himself in contention almost every single race. And the only race he had a dominant piece was Martinsville. Led late at Vegas with a 7th place car, let late at Richmond, and finishes 2nd at dega. Even the weeks he doesn't win he's right there. Typically for Rowdy its checkers or wreckers but since his injury he's scary consistent and fast

The brass was uninjured :unsure::waver:

He ran away with the part that counted :nyanya:

Realy like the communication and positive attitude by the whole team. I wish they could find the couple tenths that are missing,...but basically....30 other drivers/teams are missing those tenths every race as well. After the Cali crash... topped off with Dega....I have more respect for DP than ever. That being said...I WANT A TOP 5! :D

• Bad luck bites Truex, Jr. again: A mechanical issue late in the race crippled a commanding performance by #78-Martin Truex Jr., who led a race high of 172 laps in Saturday night's Go Bowling 400 Sprint Cup Series race at Kansas Speedway. Truex, who started the 267 lapper from the pole, was the class of the field until he reported a loose wheel following a Lap 212 pit stop. The culprit was a broken head bolt off the brake that got caught behind the right-front wheel. Truex had no choice but to make an unscheduled pit stop. The incident sent Truex from a dominating lead to 21st and one lap down. He managed to get back on the lead lap and fought his way through traffic to finish 14th in his #78 Bass Pro Shops/TRACKER Boats Toyota. "I couldn't believe it," said Truex. "Went around (turns) one and two and I was like, 'Wheel loose.' I kept telling myself that maybe it's not me, maybe it's just shaking because it has tape on it or something stupid. It was loose and I knew it right away. Frustrating, but that's how it goes." Truex added, "We're going to win races for sure - if we keep bringing cars like that, we're going to win some. It's frustrating when you've had it happen so many times in your career. I swear, you watch guys win races that don't have the fastest car or on fuel mileage and all this stuff and it's like, 'damn.' Someday I'm going to get on one of those or on the other side of one of them. Usually you can dominate and win, but it's tough and it happens. It's part of racing. We'll just move on to Dover next week, which is another good track for our Furniture Row Racing team."(Furniture Row Racing)(5-8-2016)

Andy, I get it that you dislike Nascar racing and are proud of it. We all get that, 'cause you post it here constantly.

But seriously, dude, if you had been watching the races all this year, there is no way you'd post something like that quote above. Kansas was the first race of 2016 with serious aero issues. At all the other races, the lower downforce rules of 2016 have virtually eliminated the Clean Air Is King Syndrome.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the really good racing racing I have seen this year. I don't care for plate racing so shame on me for watching them but if I throw those 2 races out the worse race I have seen was at KC and I didn't have high expectations for it anyway. All the other races have exceeded my expectations which has been a real bonus.

As far as Andy goes I fully support his right to complain ad nauseum if he wishes as we all see things differently and have different likes and dislikes.

Apparently you missed your lovechild race, Martinsville.

I was at a CARS Tour race that day. Let me guess, Kyle had a bad race so this proves he's not a good driver? :idunno:

I've never been a Kyle Busch fan but he has more talent than any other driver, ever. And now that he's matured and is putting races together, he's pretty close to unstoppable.

I was at a CARS Tour race that day. Let me guess, Kyle had a bad race so this proves he's not a good driver? :idunno:

I've never been a Kyle Busch fan but he has more talent than any other driver, ever. And now that he's matured and is putting races together, he's pretty close to unstoppable.
Kyle 100% dominated and crushed the field.

Kyle 100% dominated and crushed the field.

Doesn't change that he's been taking 10th place runs and turning them into wins since his comeback last May.

This is what championship teams do. Truexs' team finds ways to lose every week. Kevin Harvick finds ways to finish second every week. Matt Kenseth finds ways to not win every week. Right now, Kyle Busch is winning a bunch of races he has no business winning.

Blaming clean air and tires doesn't work. Even last year, with all the aeropackage faults, Kyle Busch was making passes for the lead, something nobody else could do. Say what you want, that's driver there. Kyle knows winning a ton of races right now is important. The four wins he got in the regular season last fall were literally the difference between him winning the championship and being eliminated in the first round. He's essentially trying to secure himself the NASCAR equivalent of a "first round bye".

Doesn't change that he's been taking 10th place runs and turning them into wins since his comeback last May.

This is what championship teams do. Truexs' team finds ways to lose every week. Kevin Harvick finds ways to finish second every week. Matt Kenseth finds ways to not win every week. Right now, Kyle Busch is winning a bunch of races he has no business winning.

Blaming clean air and tires doesn't work. Even last year, with all the aeropackage faults, Kyle Busch was making passes for the lead, something nobody else could do. Say what you want, that's driver there. Kyle knows winning a ton of races right now is important. The four wins he got in the regular season last fall were literally the difference between him winning the championship and being eliminated in the first round. He's essentially trying to secure himself the NASCAR equivalent of a "first round bye".
All Im saying is Kyle has the ability to, and has, dominated & taken the W.

All Im saying is Kyle has the ability to, and has, dominated & taken the W.

All I'm saying is, in almost all of Kyle's wins the past year, he's taken a fifth place run and turned it into a win. Indianapolis, last summer, Kyle Busch was the only driver making passes.

A lot of it is by virtue of restarts. Kyle proves on restarts just how much better he is than every driver in NASCAR.

About the only race last year he won that wasn't on account of car or talent was the one NASCAR gifted him at Loudon.

Kyle's car isn't the best one in NASCAR right now. Martin Truex, Jr. is, but that team finds ways to lose. Which is the exact opposite of Kyle Busch, who finds ways to win.

Back
Top Bottom