Kasey Kahne

Kasey couldn't adapt to the 0 Ride Height, but he wasn't alone. Farmers probably doesn't get that. You are right Mr. H. probably did some educating there. Without question Coach saved M&M's for Kyle. That wasn't all he did for Kyle.

You are right that he had issues with this rules package. I have heard that this package favored drivers who prefer a tight car. Jeff Gordon likely benefits most from it. Guys like Kasey, and Tony Stewart and Greg Biffle who love to drive a loose car struggled, But of those guys Kasey still managed to adapt and win a race and make The Chase and had it not been for Keslowski winning at Talledega he would have made the eliminator round. All in all not a horrible year all things considered. I am really excited for what next year may bring if the the new rules swing back toward loose cars. It may just all come together for Kasey.

Hate to say "I told you so" but it's hard or me to think back to all the "discussion" on this board where people insisted that Jeff was not going to retire because the team signed all these sponsor's for him for multiple years and blah, blah blah. It turns out the inside information that was being reported all along was correct and Chase will be headed to Gordon's ride. It's funny for me to reflect on Gordon's career as when he first came up I HATED him with a passion. Now though I have nothing but respect for him and I believe him to be the greatest driver in the history of the sport when you consider how many races and champioships he won during his career when the competition was much higher than say during Dale Sr's career. And all 4 of his championships were pre chase so they were harder to win than say some of Jimmie Johnson's.

I now hope that RPM gives up the 9 as Chase should be in the 9 and I believe the 24 should be reserved for Gordon for any part time races he runs. As a former Bill Elliott and current Kasey Kahne fan I am estatic that Kasey and Chase will be teamamtes for potentially years to come and things worked out perfect as far as that goes but I am still sad to see Jeff go. He was great for the sport and he will be greatly missed.

Hate to say "I told you so" but it's hard or me to think back to all the "discussion" on this board where people insisted that Jeff was not going to retire because the team signed all these sponsor's for him for multiple years and blah, blah blah. It turns out the inside information that was being reported all along was correct and Chase will be headed to Gordon's ride. It's funny for me to reflect on Gordon's career as when he first came up I HATED him with a passion. Now though I have nothing but respect for him and I believe him to be the greatest driver in the history of the sport when you consider how many races and champioships he won during his career when the competition was much higher than say during Dale Sr's career. And all 4 of his championships were pre chase so they were harder to win than say some of Jimmie Johnson's.

I now hope that RPM gives up the 9 as Chase should be in the 9 and I believe the 24 should be reserved for Gordon for any part time races he runs. As a former Bill Elliott and current Kasey Kahne fan I am estatic that Kasey and Chase will be teamamtes for potentially years to come and things worked out perfect as far as that goes but I am still sad to see Jeff go. He was great for the sport and he will be greatly missed.
Everybody that said that they were insiders and knew he was going to retire after 2012, 2013, 2014 were liars and not insiders but suddenly the same ones that said that about 2015 are insiders?? :XXROFL:

Everybody that said that they were insiders and knew he was going to retire after 2012, 2013, 2014 were liars and not insiders but suddenly the same ones that said that about 2015 are insiders?? :XXROFL:

That's not what I am saying. I am saying that insiders said all year last year that Chase was headed to the 24 when Gordon retired. They were not putting a specific date on his retirement at the time as far as I can remember but they were implying that it was soon enough for Chase to wait for the ride and not take the 5 from Kasey. Despite that there were people on this board who insited that Gordon would run too long for Chase to wait for the 24 due to the 24 signing new sponsorship. Turns out the inside information was correct and that was the plan all along for Chase to take the 24. I honestly don't remeber any specific report that put an actual date on when he would retire in 2012 or 2013 or last season. As soon as they announced Kasey's contract extension the writing was on the wall to me that Gordon had already informed Hendrick that 2015 was his last year full time. So many people seemed desperate for Chase to take Kasey's ride to the point where they just ignored what was being said. The insiders on NASCAR Racehub and NASCAR America don't just pull this stuff out of the sky. It's a sad day for NASCAR regardless though. Jeff will be missed. Many fans of his will be left with a huge void to fill. Many of them may have continued to insit that Jeff would stay because they were in denail about that void and how hard it will be to fill. I still remember mysef being in denail when Bill Elliott retired from full time racing and hating this "punk kid" Kasey Kahne who took his ride. It's inevitable to happen though. I just hope those Gordon fans are able to fill the void and continue to enjoy the sport. Maybe many of them will support Chase Elliott.

Looking forward to seeing my 2 favorite guys as teammates.

That's not what I am saying. I am saying that insiders said all year last year that Chase was headed to the 24 when Gordon retired. They were not putting a specific date on his retirement at the time as far as I can remember but they were implying that it was soon enough for Chase to wait for the ride and not take the 5 from Kasey. Despite that there were people on this board who insited that Gordon would run too long for Chase to wait for the 24 due to the 24 signing new sponsorship. Turns out the inside information was correct and that was the plan all along for Chase to take the 24. I honestly don't remeber any specific report that put an actual date on when he would retire in 2012 or 2013 or last season. As soon as they announced Kasey's contract extension the writing was on the wall to me that Gordon had already informed Hendrick that 2015 was his last year full time. So many people seemed desperate for Chase to take Kasey's ride to the point where they just ignored what was being said. The insiders on NASCAR Racehub and NASCAR America don't just pull this stuff out of the sky. It's a sad day for NASCAR regardless though. Jeff will be missed. Many fans of his will be left with a huge void to fill. Many of them may have continued to insit that Jeff would stay because they were in denail about that void and how hard it will be to fill. I still remember mysef being in denail when Bill Elliott retired from full time racing and hating this "punk kid" Kasey Kahne who took his ride. It's inevitable to happen though. I just hope those Gordon fans are able to fill the void and continue to enjoy the sport. Maybe many of them will support Chase Elliott.
Where was it ever said that CE would get the 24 car?? He may get the fourth car at HMS but not necessary the #24.

Where was it ever said that CE would get the 24 car?? He may get the fourth car at HMS but not necessary the #24.

True...I mean the 24 team. I think I said before I hope it's not the 24 number as that should be reserved for Gordon when he runs part time. I am thinking they will try to see if RPM will give up the 9 for Chase but early indications were that RPM had no intention to do so. If they don't give up the 9 I am willing to bet that Chase will be in the 94.

Any reason why Chase can't drive the 99?
You know 9 for dad and 9 for son.

Any reason why Chase can't drive the 99?
You know 9 for dad and 9 for son.

Anything is possible I guess....I just think if he can't get the 9 then 94 would be perfect since his dad also ran that number also and it's similar to 24. All this being said I was surprised to hear reports last night that it's not a done deal that Chase is headed to the ride. Rick Hendrick would not commit to that and the guys on NASCAR America even threw out Martin Ttruex Jr as a possible replacement. Then came the talk AGAIN that Hendrick may lure Kyle Larson away from Ganassi....I don't know where that talk comes from but if Ganassi lets him go he is a fool and the other teams will need to stop bitching that HMS is king when they keep letting all the top talent go there. Seems more likey to me it will be Chase now and the next HMS seat to open when either Johnson or Jr. retire may come at just the right time when Larson is a free agent. Either way I think Larson and Elliott are the future of the sport and will be a for a long time so trading one for another seemes like a wash. I know Larson is the real deal too but all that talk seems to be forgetting that Chase won the NNS Championship in his rookie year. No one else can say that. Even if he has a major let down this season it would not affect my opinion of him.

Anything is possible I guess....I just think if he can't get the 9 then 94 would be perfect since his dad also ran that number also and it's similar to 24. All this being said I was surprised to hear reports last night that it's not a done deal that Chase is headed to the ride. Rick Hendrick would not commit to that and the guys on NASCAR America even threw out Martin Ttruex Jr as a possible replacement. Then came the talk AGAIN that Hendrick may lure Kyle Larson away from Ganassi....I don't know where that talk comes from but if Ganassi lets him go he is a fool and the other teams will need to stop bitching that HMS is king when they keep letting all the top talent go there. Seems more likey to me it will be Chase now and the next HMS seat to open when either Johnson or Jr. retire may come at just the right time when Larson is a free agent. Either way I think Larson and Elliott are the future of the sport and will be a for a long time so trading one for another seemes like a wash. I know Larson is the real deal too but all that talk seems to be forgetting that Chase won the NNS Championship in his rookie year. No one else can say that. Even if he has a major let down this season it would not affect my opinion of him.

Truex..ekk

Dont know about that.

Cant Larson choose where he goes? How long is his contract? If he finds himself free of obligations from Ganassi Racing and there is an open spot on Hendrick M.S. I think he goes.

All Chip can do is pray he chooses to stay with him.

Truex..ekk

Dont know about that.

Cant Larson choose where he goes? How long is his contract? If he finds himself free of obligations from Ganassi Racing and there is an open spot on Hendrick M.S. I think he goes.

All Chip can do is pray he chooses to stay with him.

I believe someone here said his contract is through 2019 so I am not sure how he can decide to just leave. I also don't understand why HMS would put all the time and money and energy into developing Chase and just let him go even with all the success he has had. He has gone head to head with Larson and shown he has the ability to beat him and to me their talent appears equal.

I am so glad Hendrick put all the Larson talk to rest and stooped any further conspiracy theories before they started and made it official that Chase will be in Gordon's ride in 2016. I am just a little disappointed that it will be apparently be in the number 24. RPM was willing to give the 9 but Gordon wants the car to stay as the 24. It just won't seem right to me but I guess Gordon has earned the right to have things the way he wants them. Either way it's been a great off season for Kasey to get his extension and it was so cool to see him introduce Bill in the Hall of Fame ceremony and talk about how Bill was his hero and mentor. How cool that Kasey will get a chance to return the favor and be a mentor for Chase. I did feel a little sorry for Kasey though..he was so nervous. That's why I like him though....fame has not gone to his head and he is still a human being.

Back
Top Bottom