2 tablespoons cognac
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 pound mushrooms, sliced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons sour cream, plus more for garnish
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, plus more for garnish
1 (1-pound) package wide egg noodles

Heat the beef stock with the carrot, 3 thyme sprigs, and bay leaf. Pat the beef dry and season it with salt and pepper. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large heavy bottomed skillet over high heat. Fry the meat in batches so that it is browned on all sides. Lower the heat to medium and return all the meat to the pot. Add the onions and cook until they are soft, about 5 minutes. Pour in the cognac and cook until the alcohol has burned off, about 5 minutes. Add the beef stock, discarding the carrot, thyme sprigs, and bay leaf. Cook, partially covered, over a very low flame for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter in the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and remaining 3 thyme sprigs and cook until the mushrooms are browned and cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.

When the meat is done, remove it from the heat and fold in the mushrooms, sour cream, mustard, and parsley. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.

Meanwhile, cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain the noodles well, toss with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and season with salt and pepper. Serve the stroganoff over the noodles; garnish with more sour cream and chopped parsley.

Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Medium
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Yield: 6 servings

"Tomato Pancakes"

2 c. Garden grown tomatoes
4 Eggs slightly beaten
20 Saltine doubles hand crushed

Mix all the ingredients together and fry on a griddle until done. This is a simple recipe and good if you like tomatoes.

"Pumpkin Fudge"

"A twist on chocolate fudge that uses everyone's favorite Thanksgiving vegetable, pumpkin!"

SERVINGS
Original recipe yield: 36 servings

INGREDIENTS:
3 cups white sugar
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
Butter or grease one 8x8 inch pan.
In a 3 quart saucepan, mix together sugar, milk, corn syrup, pumpkin and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium and continue boiling. Do not stir.
When mixture registers 232 degrees F (110 degrees C) on candy thermometer, or forms a soft ball when dropped into cold water, remove pan from heat. Stir in pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, butter and nuts. Cool to lukewarm (110 degrees F or 43 degrees C on candy thermometer).
Beat mixture until it is very thick and loses some of its gloss. Quickly pour into a greased eight-inch pan. When firm cut into 36 squares.

Buttermilk Parmesan Potatoes

Ingredients:
14 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup minced red onion
3 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup 2% milk
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C). Lightly grease 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Arrange potatoes over the bottom of the dish, and set aside. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion; cook and stir until the onion is transparent, about 5 minutes. Stir in 3 tablespoons butter until melted. Sprinkle the flour, salt, and pepper over the onion mixture. Cook and stir until mixture bubbles and thickens, about 2 minutes. Continue to stir the flour mixture while gradually pouring in the milk and buttermilk, and return the mixture to boiling. Stir in 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese; cook for 2 minutes until melted, and mixture is smooth. Pour the mixture over the potatoes in the baking dish, stirring to coat evenly. Bake in preheated oven for 1/2 hour, and stir. Bake 1/2 hour longer, stir the potato mixture again, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes more.
Yield: 8 servings

Buttermilk Parmesan Potatoes

Ingredients:
14 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup minced red onion
3 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup 2% milk
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C). Lightly grease 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Arrange potatoes over the bottom of the dish, and set aside. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion; cook and stir until the onion is transparent, about 5 minutes. Stir in 3 tablespoons butter until melted. Sprinkle the flour, salt, and pepper over the onion mixture. Cook and stir until mixture bubbles and thickens, about 2 minutes. Continue to stir the flour mixture while gradually pouring in the milk and buttermilk, and return the mixture to boiling. Stir in 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese; cook for 2 minutes until melted, and mixture is smooth. Pour the mixture over the potatoes in the baking dish, stirring to coat evenly. Bake in preheated oven for 1/2 hour, and stir. Bake 1/2 hour longer, stir the potato mixture again, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes more.
Yield: 8 servings

Damn, that sounds tasty.

Herbed Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients:
3 large potatoes (Idaho or russet)
about 2/3 cup Basic Chicken Stock or low-sodium canned
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup freshly chopped herbs (thyme, chives, sage or parsley)
2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream

Directions:
Peel the potatoes and cut them in half. Place them in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender when pricked with a fork, about 30 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. Drain. Bring the stock to a boil, and turn down to a simmer. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or fork, or use a food mill. Slowly add the stock until the desired consistency is reached. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste. Fold in the sour cream and herbs.
Yield: 4 servings

I use my pressure cooker

Split Pea Soup with Ham

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup chopped carrots
1/3 cup finely chopped celery
1/3 cup finely chopped onions
1 sprig fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 1/2 quarts Basic Chicken Stock or low-sodium canned
2 cups dried split peas
6 tablespoons finely diced, cooked lean ham
salt to taste

Directions:
Heat the oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the carrot, celery, onion and thyme, season lightly with pepper and cook for 10 minutes. Add the stock and split peas, and bring to a boil quickly over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer until the peas are tender, about 1 hour. Puree 2/3 of the soup in a blender and stir it into the remaining 1/3. Stir in the ham. If the soup is too thick, thin it by adding a little more stock. Raise the heat and bring the soup to a boil for 15 seconds. Add salt and additional pepper to taste.
Tip: Do not add salt until the peas are fully cooked, because salt will prevent the peas from becoming tender.

Grilled Rosemary Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients:
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 rosemary sprig, chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried
salt, to taste
3 pork tenderloins

Directions:
Mix the oil, vinegar, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper, and brush on the pork tenderloin. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight. Preheat the grill. Sear the pork on all sides, then cook over a medium heat for 8 to 12 minutes until the pork is cooked through. Let the tenderloin rest on a carving plate for 1 or 2 minutes. Slice the tenderloin thinly.

Caramelized Onion-Potato Pancakes

Ingredients:
2 baking potatoes, baked and chilled
nonstick cooking spray
1 red onion, julienned
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1/2 cup corn kernels
3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
2 egg whites
salt to taste

Directions:
Peel the cold potatoes carefully with a paring knife and gently grate them with the coarse side of a cheese grater and set aside. Lightly spray a sauté pan with nonstick cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions and peppers for about 5 minutes until the onions begin to brown. Add the corn, garlic and herbs and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer. Set aside to cool. Place the potatoes, vegetables, egg whites, salt and pepper in a medium size bowl and gently fold together. Taste, adjust the seasoning, and form into eight 2-inch patties. Place a non-stick griddle, skillet or lightly sprayed sauté pan over medium heat and toast each side of the cakes golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings

Crock Posole

Makes 8 to 10 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 2 hours 30 minutes

Ingredients
2 14-1/2-ounces cans golden hominy, drained
1 4-ounce can chopped green chili peppers, undrained
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts and/or or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 14-1/2 ounce can tomatoes, undrained and cut up
2 14-1/2 ounces cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
Fat-free dairy sour cream (optional)

Directions
1. Place hominy, chili peppers, onion, garlic, chicken, tomatoes, chicken broth, oregano, and cumin in a 3-1/2, 4-, or 5-quart crockery cooker. Cover and cook on low setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Stir in cilantro. Garnish each serving with fat-free sour cream, if desired. Makes 8 to 10 servings.

Can you cook Bobby?

I can and I love to. I worked at a restaurant in Malibu for 10 years, got a lot of ideas there. A lot of my friends cook.
I was going to make my Talladega Chili today but never got around to it.
I usually cook in large quantities and give a lot of it away; the local watering hole is just down the street from my house.

I can and I love to. I worked at a restaurant in Malibu for 10 years, got a lot of ideas there. A lot of my friends cook.
I was going to make my Talladega Chili today but never got around to it.
I usually cook in large quantities and give a lot of it away; the local watering hole is just down the street from my house.

Sounds like my brother-in-law. He does most of the cooking and loves doing it.

Sounds like my brother-in-law. He does most of the cooking and loves doing it.

My friends keep bugging me to open a restaurant, some of them even said they'd finance it. I don't know that I'd be able to settle on one theme. I think my menu would be as thick as Gone With The Wind. :D

My friends keep bugging me to open a restaurant, some of them even said they'd finance it. I don't know that I'd be able to settle on one theme. I think my menu would be as thick as Gone With The Wind. :D

Call Gordon Ramsay! He'll help trim that menue.:D

Has anyone ever made this or something similiar?? Was it good??

Serves/Makes: 4
Orange Chicken Recipes

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
1/4 cup whole-wheat cracker crumbs
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
4 skinless boneless chicken thighs (I'll use chicken breast instead of thighs)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350F degrees; spray a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray. In small bowl, combine the orange juice, mustard and soy sauce. On a sheet of wax paper, combine the cracker crumbs, orange zest, onion powder and pepper. Brush the chicken on both sides with the mustard mixture, then dredge in the crumbs, firmly pressing the crumbs to coat both sides. Place the chicken on the baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, turn over and bake until cooked through, 15 - 20 minutes longer.

Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake

Butterscotch morsels, cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin combined together to form a dense but moist cake perfect for Fall and Thanksgiving.

Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake

1 (11-ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels, divided use
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons powdered sugar, (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 12-cup bundt pan.
Microwave 1 cup morsels in small, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl. Stir together melted morsels, pumpkin, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract in large bowl with wire whisk. Stir in flour mixture. Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan.
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with Butterscotch Sauce.
For Butterscotch Sauce: Heat 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat just to a boil; remove from heat. Add remaining morsels; stir until smooth. Return to heat. Stirring constantly, bring mixture just to a boil. Cool to room temperature. Stir before serving.
Makes 16 servings.

This was on our local news station

Halloween Fruit Salad

1 bag of peach pie glaze
1 bag of banana crème pie glaze
1 8oz tub of whip topping
1cup Pecans
Lemon Juice
Fruits of your Choice:
Strawberries, Bananas
Grapes, Melons
Apples
Marshmallows
Gummy worms (optional)

Very simple recipe, wash and prepare all your fresh fruit.
In separate large bowl mix together pie glazes and whip topping in.
Stir until all ingredients are mixed well. This recipe can be a lot of fun for kids letting them add each item to a large bowl. Let them pretend it’s a Witches cauldron. The peach filling gives the salad an orange color to make it look like a Halloween dessert. You can also top it with gummy worms and marshmallows.

"Potato, Red Pepper & Onion Frittata" (D)

Ingredients:
1.) About 4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
2.) 1 tablespoon olive oil
3.) 1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
4.) 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
5.) 4 large eggs
6.) 1 tablespoon cold water
7.) Salt and pepper, to taste
8.) 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or oregano

Preparation:
Preheat the broiler to high. Boil the diced potatoes
in lightly salted water for 5 minutes or until they are just tender. Drain them well.
Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based, non-stick frying
pan and gently saute the onion for 3-4 minutes until it is softened but not browned.
Add the cooked potato and red pepper, increase the
heat slightly and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring gently, until the potatoes turn golden.
Beat the eggs with cold water, season to taste, then mix in the herbs.
Pour the eggs evenly over the vegetables in the pan and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the base is nicely browned.
Transfer the pan to the broiler and cook for a further 2 minutes or until the top is set and a deep golden brown. Serve in wedges. Yield: Serves 4.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe):
Calories: 158. Protein: 8 g, Fat: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g,
Carbohydrate: 13 g, Fiber: 2 g, Cholesterol: 216 mg, Sodium: 64 mg
Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat, 1/2 Fat.

Rolled Oat Squares

-----------------------

½ c melted butter

1 c brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla

2 c rolled oats

1 tsp baking powder

-----------------------------------

Mix butter, sugar and vanilla well

Add rolled oats and baking powder

Pat down in a square pan

Bake 25 min, 350 degree oven or until golden brown

I’ve made it in bigger and smaller pans – if you want crispy, a big pan is good. Smaller pans, it’s more chewy. Either way it’s delicious!

Skillet Herb Roasted Chicken

Skillet Herb Roasted Chicken
from Campbell's Kitchen

ngredients:

2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. ground dried sage leaves
1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts OR 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
2 tbsp. butter OR margarine
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup OR Campbell's® Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup water
4 cups hot cooked rice

Directions:
MIX flour, sage and thyme. Coat chicken with flour mixture.

HEAT butter in skillet. Add chicken and cook 15 min. or until done. Remove and keep warm.

ADD soup and water. Heat through. Serve over chicken with rice.

Serves 4.

Green Bean Casserole

Green Bean Casserole
from Campbell's Kitchen

Prep Time: 10 min.
Bake Time: 30 min.

Ingredients:

1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or 25% Less Sodium)
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. soy sauce
Dash ground black pepper
4 cups cooked cut green beans
1 1/3 cups French's® French Fried Onions

Directions:
MIX soup, milk, soy, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions in 1 1/2-qt. casserole.

BAKE at 350°F. for 25 min. or until hot.

STIR . Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake 5 min.

TIP: Use 1 bag (16 to 20 oz.) frozen green beans, 2 pkg. (9 oz. each) frozen green beans, 2 cans (about 16 oz. each) green beans or about 1 1/2 lb. fresh green beans for this recipe.

For a change of pace, substitute 4 cups cooked broccoli flowerets for the green beans.

For a creative twist, stir in 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese with soup. Omit soy sauce. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup additional Cheddar cheese when adding the remaining onions.

For a festive touch, stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with soup.

For a heartier mushroom flavor, substitute Campbell's® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup for Cream of Mushroom Soup. Omit soy sauce. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with green beans.

Serves 6.

This recipe will work with either fresh or frozen green beans.

Campbell's® 15-Minute Chicken & Rice Dinner

Campbell's® 15-Minute Chicken & Rice Dinner
from Campbell's Kitchen

Prep/Cook Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:

1 tbsp. vegetable oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup OR Campbell's® Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
2 cups uncooked instant white rice *
2 cups fresh OR frozen broccoli flowerets

Directions:
HEAT oil in skillet. Cook chicken 10 min. or until browned. Remove chicken.

ADD soup, water, paprika and pepper. Heat to a boil.

STIR in rice and broccoli. Return chicken to pan. Sprinkle additional paprika and pepper over chicken. Cover and cook on low heat 5 min. or until chicken is done.

Serves 4.

TIP: *For creamier dish, use 1 1/2 cups rice.

Death By Chocolate

1 BOX BROWNIES
2 PACKAGES INSTANT CHOCOLATE PUDDING
3 CUPS OF COOL WHIP
3 CUPS MILK
1 PACKAGE OF HEATH BARS

Prepare brownies according to package. Mix together chocolate pudding, milk, and cool whip. Crumble brownies in bottom of bowl. Add pudding mixture and then add a layer of crushed Heath bars. Continue layering until all brownies and pudding mixture is gone.

Mountain Dew Cobbler
2 Granny Smith Apples (peel & cut into 8 sections each)
2 Cans crescent rolls (1 can for each apple)
2 sticks real butter (not margarine)
1 ½ cups sugar
1 ½ cups of Mountain Dew

Directions:
Wrap each 1/8 apple section in crescent roll dough. Place in lightly greased baking dish. Melt butter & mix with sugar, spread over apples. Pour Mountain Dew over apples. DO NOT STIR. Sprinkle with cinnamon & chopped nuts. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.

Can be served with ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!

"Eggnog Cream Pie"

5.1 oz. pkg cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
1/8 to 1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cups eggnog
2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
9-inch pastry shell, baked
additional whipped cream and nutmeg (optional)

In a saucepan, combine the pudding mix, nutmeg, and eggnog. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Cool. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into crust. Garnish with whipped cream and nutmeg if desired. Yields 6 to 8 servings

Best Cold Weather Drinks

Ingredients:

Cappuccino for Two
1 cup milk
1/2 T. sugar
1 cup freshly brewed coffee

Mulled Apple Ale
2 lbs baking apples
5 cups ginger ale
5 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
Peel of 1 orange in large chunks
Apple slices for garnish

Spiced Chair Tea
2 1/2 cups water
1 tsp. cardamom
3 whole black peppercorns
2 small slices fresh ginger, peeled
1 stick cinnamon
2 cloves
2/3 cup milk
4 tsp. sugar
2 tea bags

Mexican Cocoa for One
1 cup milk
1 cinnamon stick
1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 T. brown sugar

Crock Pot Wassail
1 orange
8 whole cloves
2 qts. apple juice
4 cups cranberry juice
2 cinnamon sticks
1/2 cup sugar

Directions:
Cappucino for Two
Heat milk in microwave until hot. Place hot milk and sugar in blender. Blend until frothy. Divide coffee between 2 cups. Top with frothy milk. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.

Mulled Apple Ale
Bake the apples in a 400 degree oven on a cookie sheet for 30-45 minutes or until very soft. Place the apples in a saucepan and mash. Add the ginger ale, cloves, cinnamon stick, ginger, and orange peel. Bring to a boil and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Press the apple mixture through a sieve, trying to press as much of the apple through the sieve as you can. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Heat the apple mixture in a saucepan until warmed through. Pour into mugs and garnish with apple slices.

Spiced Chai Tea
Put the water in a saucepan and add spices. Bring to a low boil. Turn down the heat and let simmer for 4-10 minutes. Add milk and sugar and bring to a heavy simmer. Add tea, turn off the heat, and let steep 2-3 minutes. Strain into 2 cups and serve hot.

Mexican Cocoa for One
Heat milk and cinnamon stick over moderate heat until simmering. Then simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and steep 5 minutes. Transfer the cinnamon stick to a warmed mug. Whisk the cocoa and sugar into the milk until well combined and let stand 1 minute. Pour into mugs and serve with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.

Crock Pot Wassail
Stud the orange with the cloves. Combine all ingredients in crock-pot. Simmer on low all day or overnight. If you?re in a rush, cook on high for at least 3 hours.

"Cheesecake Brownies"

Ingredients:
1.) 1 package (20 1/2 ounces) brownie mix-do not use syrup pouch
2.) 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
3.) 1/3 cup sugar
4.) 1 egg
5.) 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Preparation:
Prepare brownie mix as directed on package; spread in greased 13x9 inch baking pan. Beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium until smooth. Add sugar, egg and vanilla and mix ONLY until blended. Pour cream cheese mixture over brownie mixture. Cut through several times with knife for marble effect. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until cream cheese mixture is lightly browned. Cool and cut into squares.

Well, time for my annual adventure in the kitchen to see what else I can get away with. This year's attempt is to pull off a pulled pork Lasagna. Requests at OTC for southern BBQ recipes supplied bubkis, so I'm gonna have to go it alone and build up some sort of half decent Canuck version of sauce. Naturally, this will be the meat and sauce part of the lasagna. Pasta is pasta. But I'm kinda hung up on what cheese to use. My normal Mexican lasagna uses 50/50 emental and mozzarella. I was considering extra old cheddar for this new one, but I'm not sure it's got enough flavour to carry past the pork. Anyone got any opinions?

Naturally, the whole thing will be topped in bacon. All I need is to sort out that cheese issue.

If it's not already obvious .... anyone with a history of cardiac trouble needs to sign a waiver to sit at my table.

Well, time for my annual adventure in the kitchen to see what else I can get away with. This year's attempt is to pull off a pulled pork Lasagna. Requests at OTC for southern BBQ recipes supplied bubkis, so I'm gonna have to go it alone and build up some sort of half decent Canuck version of sauce.

Maybe you were asking the wrong folksies. And, I'm assuming you don't want to stand outside at a wood grill...

Eastern Style North Carolina BBQ

2 Small Yellow Onions
2 Tbsp. Light Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp. Paprika
2 Tsp. Salt
½ Tsp. Black Pepper
4-6 LB Pork Butt

Quarter onions and place at bottom of Crock-Pot stoneware. Combine the 4 spices. Rub the mixture all over the pork. Place pork over the onions in the stoneware. This will cook for 10-12 hours on low heat.

Sauce
¼ Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
4 Tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 ½ Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
1 ½ Tsp. Sugar
½ Tsp. Garlic Salt
¼ Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
½ Tsp. Dry Yellow Mustard

Combine all the ingredients very well. Pour half of the sauce over the butt before cooking. Save the other half. Pour remaining sauce over the pork 30 minutes before it is finished cooking.

Make another batch of the sauce.

Upon finishing cooking, pull the pork from the Crock-Pot. Take a regular fork and literally pull the pork. This will cause shredding. Place the shredded pork into a Pyrex that can be sealed. Take the second batch of sauce and pour it over the pork. Put into the oven at 200 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, just to warm the cue.

This will keep for 4-5 days if covered and put into the fridge.

Oooo.

Yeah, given that my grill is under 3' of snow at the moment ... Crock pot ... I think Mum might have on of those.

That sound's awesome. And I think the only thing on there that I don't have is the cider vinegar.

Oooo.

Yeah, given that my grill is under 3' of snow at the moment ... Crock pot ... I think Mum might have on of those.

That sound's awesome. And I think the only thing on there that I don't have is the cider vinegar.

You can pick up the cider vinegar about anywhere. You may want to taste the pork before you apply the 2nd batch of sauce and adjust the taste to your liking. This is the basic recipe but I do like mine a little hotter.

Just good old fashioned pancakes:
1 3/4 cup unsifted all purpose flour
1/4 cup fine cornmeal
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbls sugar

3 tbls butter (melted)
1 tbls canola oil
2 large eggs (or egg beaters)
1/2 tsp vanilla
11/3 cup buttermilk

Mix all dry ingredients together.
Mix melted butter, oil, eggs, and vanilla together.
Blend in buttermilk with the "wet" ingredients.
Mix dry and wet ingredients together.

Coat griddle with a little olive oil and cook pancakes until done.
Serve with pure maple syrup, if available.

I've given up on making that kind of pancakes. I mix mine out of the box. I do put the mix together before I start cooking my meats with warm/tepid water and let it sit. This tends to get me fluffier pancakes.
For those with kids at home, or in my case coming over, try swirling some food color into the batter. Don't over stir. You want the effect of swirls not colored batter.
I've also been know to add creamy peanut butter to my pancake mix. The kids absolutely love the taste and the added protein is good. You will have to adjust the fluids to get the right consistentcy.

Beef Taco Skillet
from Campbell's Kitchen

Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup (Regular or 25% Less Sodium)
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup water
6 flour tortillas (6-inch), cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:
Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet until well browned, stirring to break up the meat. Pour off any fat.

Stir in the soup, salsa, water, and tortillas. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Stir. Top with the cheese.

Creamy Mexican Fiesta: Stir in 1/2 cup sour cream with the soup.

Ranchero Style: Use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas and shredded Mexican cheese blend instead of Cheddar.

Serves 4.
Leftovers can be reheated and served with tortilla chips and your favorite Southwestern toppings, such as sliced green onion, sliced black olives, prepared guacamole and sour cream.

Meatloaf in peppers
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound ground turkey ( I leave this out)
2 slices white bread, cut into cubes
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes with basil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 egg
1 small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped sage leaves, plus 6 to 8 whole leaves, for frying
A few dashes Worcestershire sauce
A few dashes hot sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon oil
Vegetable oil, for frying
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Remove core and seeds from peppers. Slice into 1 inch rings and place on nonstick baking sheet. You should get about 3 rings per pepper. In a large bowl mix together beef, turkey, bread, 1/2 cup of the tomatoes, garlic, egg, onion, chopped sage, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and season with salt and pepper. Press meatloaf mixture evenly into pepper rings. In a skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Saute meatloaf rings on both sides until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Add remaining tomatoes to pan and bake until cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat 1-inch vegetable oil until a deep-fry thermometer reaches 325 degrees F. Drop sage leaves into oil and fry until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Garnish meatloaf rings with fried sage leaves.

Someone I post with on another forum posted this one. I want to try it this weekend. It's C&P'd just like she posted it.

Chicken Pecan Wraps

1 lb. boneless, skinless chix breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes

1/4 c. chopped onion
1/4 tsp. ground cumin (I add a little more)

1 Tbsp. butter or margarine (I add a little more
1/4 c. chopped pecans (I add a little more...)

3 Tbsp. sour cream (Again...I add a little more)

Flour tortillas (warmed)

1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (I forgot the cheese tonight and it was just as delish!)

1 c. salsa (hubby uses Ranch dressing instead and I use taco sauce instead)

Shredded lettuce--optional

In a large skillet, saute chicken, onion and cumin in butter until chicken juices run clear. ( I actually bake the chicken first and then just 'heat' it back up in the skillet ) Reduce heat to low. Add pecans and sour cream; cook and stir until heated through. Spoon about 1/2 cupful down the center of each tortilla; top with cheese, salsa and lettuce if desired. Fold in sides.

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom