Kentucky RACE thread

Roush has already said that they would probably restrict it on the intake side, it is the cheapest easiest way to do so. IF they decide to do so.

Jack is hoping that they restrict it, and not go to a lesser displacement--he is worried about cost. IMO an engine redesign will create some sort of a horsepower war. The discrepancy in development will create passing in the short term, but like any other change, the manufacturers will find a way to get it back. I would like to see a full reduction in displacement/redesign because: 1) My Toyotas have the oldest design in the series, and 2) I think it would highlight the manufacturers and builders.

Last edited:
Lol, fkn nascarcasm.....

image.jpg

not like it is done in the movies Brad, they use fake bottles :p

Haha!...I saw a really old video clip once of Eleanor Roosevelt "christening" a new Navy ship. They must have given her a real champagne bottle because she just kept whacking the bow of the ship over and over and over.

I thought "she's not christening the ship...she's just beating the hell out of it".

They are not using a throttle body design of fuel injection (one or two injectors), more like indirect EFI into the plenum runner of each individual cylinder (vortex) versus direct EFI straight into the intake chamber by the intake valve. Utilizing the throttle position sensor in the throttle housing and by changing the duty cycle of each individual injector they can get the same type results as a restricter plate. There is not enough technical data given on the exact nature of this system in terms of construction and function. They are not using any type of air flow metering system that I can tell of other than the use of oxygen sensors which would also be included in the use of controlling fuel to air ratio.

They are not using a throttle body design of fuel injection (one or two injectors), more like indirect EFI into the plenum runner of each individual cylinder (vortex) versus direct EFI straight into the intake chamber by the intake valve. Utilizing the throttle position sensor in the throttle housing and by changing the duty cycle of each individual injector they can get the same type results as a restricter plate. There is not enough technical data given on the exact nature of this system in terms of construction and function. They are not using any type of air flow metering system that I can tell of other than the use of oxygen sensors which would also be included in the use of controlling fuel to air ratio.

I think they do use a MAF sensor, which would make it function as a RP far better than the current RP's. An easier way to control maximum HP is to spec a low flow injector, along with EFI control software to set maximum duration.

Just a note: Direct injection injectors are mounted much like spark plugs, thus bypassing the intake valves completely.

Wtf? Did he think he was christening a big ass boat?

Holding the neck with one hand and slamming it against something to break it is dangerous in itself. All those gasses turn the bottle in to a little bomb. There's been a couple of incidents where sports figures were celebrating and shook the bottle and tossed it to a teammate. When they caught it, the bottle exploded and caused some serious cuts.

Looking at the pics of Brad holding the broken bottle, it seems they now put a hollow dome at the bottom to allows some expansion without breaking the bottle.

I think they do use a MAF sensor, which would make it function as a RP far better than the current RP's. An easier way to control maximum HP is to spec a low flow injector, along with EFI control software to set maximum duration.

Just a note: Direct injection injectors are mounted much like spark plugs, thus bypassing the intake valves completely.

Highlighted is very old technology, trigger contacts to vary duration of length and time of injection would be way to slow to achieve the performance already displayed this season alone. I would need a better schematic of construction and function with flow chart to make a definite configuration identification.

Kenseth is one of the most underrated drivers of this era. He caught the flat tire, which saved him a crash, and he was one of the fastest cars in the closing laps. He seems to do this kind of thing routinely in such an understated way.
The man is a quiet and steady class act.

Brad deserved the win, he was dominant but I am more impressed with Kenseths performance.

Highlighted is very old technology, trigger contacts to vary duration of length and time of injection would be way to slow to achieve the performance already displayed this season alone. I would need a better schematic of construction and function with flow chart to make a definite configuration identification.

Variable trigger contacts???????? o_O

The nascar system uses locked control software to prevent tampering, and the system does the usual air density adjustments found in consumer EFI. The system also logs the sensor data stream so nascar can check for any monkey business, such a traction control and fuel boosting.

Variable trigger contacts???????? o_O

The nascar system uses locked control software to prevent tampering, and the system does the usual air density adjustments found in consumer EFI. The system also logs the sensor data stream so nascar can check for any monkey business, such a traction control and fuel boosting.

You made reference to the old analog type trigger contacts, I didn't. On the one simple schematic I've seen at a glance very little input method was shown or explained. Just a simple fuel rail diagram showing fuel delivery not not any hybird electronic function control. They are able to set up adaptive parameters in the ECU basic management system for tuning purpose, the rest of the system is locked. I highly doubt it would be that hard for a team to employ an engineer that would be able to unlock the system and tweak real time information paths. Again, I have only seen a basic introduction schematic of the system, like you, I'm sure they are using more that cam and crank signals to maintain balance in the air - fuel ratio.

You seem to have access to this fuel system and I have a question about the ECU. Does NASCAR control or keep race day brains until the teams actually show up at the track or do teams have their own inventory of these units?...... Just wondering.

Back
Top Bottom