Kentucky RACE thread

These 1.5s will have "exciting" racing next year when NASCAR puts throttle bodies (aka mini restrictor plates) on every track except Bristol, Martinsville and Richmond next year.

Unless you wanna shell out subscription fees, commercials are here to stay

already shelling out subscription fees. Nascar IMO should put limits on how many minutes of commercials they can flood their product with...this is getting pitiful

already shelling out subscription fees. Nascar IMO should put limits on how many minutes of commercials they can flood their product with...this is getting pitiful

AKA nascar putting limits on how much money they can milk out of a race... Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

I've kind of pondered about the idea of a commercial-free pay-per-view thing for a NASCAR event. Kind of like the WWE/UFC model. It would probably not fly with NASCAR's blue collar fanbase.

NASCAR just got a record $8.2 billion from FOX and NBC for a TV contract despite ratings being down 47%. Brian France isn't going to be dictating anything to their TV partners.

AKA nascar putting limits on how much money they can milk out of a race... Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.
If indycar continues to get larger and they have at least the race box during commercial and their audience is growing I can at least hope..we Nascar fans are being held hostage. No wonder ratings aren't the greatest, somebody channel surfing would never know their was a race on all they see is commercials

One of the things I love about Matt other than the obvious is that he always speaks his mind. Although I know some consider him "whiny".
He said a few weeks ago they should race at Nashville instead of places like Charlotte. Got a good whine out of Bruton's son Marcus.

Wow, TNT ends the race coverage eight minutes before the top of hour were they were scheduled to end the coverage at

These 1.5s will have "exciting" racing next year when NASCAR puts throttle bodies (aka mini restrictor plates) on every track except Bristol, Martinsville and Richmond next year.
They'll be flat-footing them around like Nationwide cars. Bayne did a test at Michigan earlier in the year with one on and he didn't have to lift in the turns.

NASCAR just got a record $8.2 billion from FOX and NBC for a TV contract despite ratings being down 47%. Brian France isn't going to be dictating anything to their TV partners.
does Brian even own any part of Nascar, it was reported at one time, his sister and uncle were the owners. but that could have been because of him going thru a divorce. he is the CEO.

They'll be flat-footing them around like Nationwide cars. Bayne did a test at Michigan earlier in the year with one on and he didn't have to lift in the turns.
It will produce the racing that a lot of NASCAR fans here and in general seem to want or want but don't know they want. Stock car guys work their way to the highest level competing at short tracks around the country only to get to a series where they hold their foot down all the time. It'd be like if the NFL became a flag football league.

does Brian even own any part of Nascar, it was reported at one time, his sister and uncle were the owners. but that could have been because of him going thru a divorce. he is the CEO.
Don't know. It's family owned so they don't have to report anything to the public. You might be thinking of ISC, the France-controlled corporation that legally owns the tracks they own (Daytona, Talladega, etc.) and is technically and legally separate from NASCAR. Bill France's brother and daughter are the CEO and President of ISC.

exactly what will happen except on some of the less banked tracks. they have spent gazillions on down force and tire tech. I will be surprised if it will happen.

If indycar continues to get larger and they have at least the race box during commercial and their audience is growing I can at least hope..we Nascar fans are being held hostage. No wonder ratings aren't the greatest, somebody channel surfing would never know their was a race on all they see is commercials

There is a way to see the race commercial free... Sit in the grandstands.

Probably to promote that new show about a virus killing everyone.
That show looked cool until I realized that by setting it on a ship is an excuse to have 99% of the show's sets be small and inexpensive. "Because they're on a ship and everybody knows things are small on a ship." Don't be so ****** cheap, Turner.

Huh? IndyCar's ratings on ABC are unchanged (still crappy) and their attendance is down everywhere except Indy, which is returning to historical (pre-Split) ratings and attendance. Their NBCSN ratings are up from from "real crappy" to "crappy". Only like 700,000 people watch IndyCar races on NBC SN which is not anything to get excited about yet.

IndyCar racing is my first love but it's not like it's exploding or any real threat to NASCAR. The split killed open-wheel racing in this country. It was more popular than NASCAR at one time.

Wow, TNT ends the race coverage eight minutes before the top of hour were they were scheduled to end the coverage at

They are sending a BIG F-YOU and they are making sure we all see it. That HAS to be it...

Huh? IndyCar's ratings on ABC are unchanged (still crappy) and their attendance is down everywhere except Indy, which is returning to historical (pre-Split) ratings and attendance. Their NBCSN ratings are up from from "real crappy" to "crappy". Only like 700,000 people watch IndyCar races on NBC SN which is not anything to get excited about yet.

IndyCar racing is my first love but it's not like it's exploding or any real threat to NASCAR. The split killed open-wheel racing in this country. It was more popular than NASCAR at one time.

I was young with no open-wheel influence.. Sometimes I wonder where my real allegiance would lie if they could have held it together.. NASCAR is trying to fk me now.

I don't give a hoot about how popular it is, all I care about is the racing product and if i can see it. Being less popular means less commercials and more racing to me. I never have been a "me too" and indycar has slowly been getting better racing. What is it 7 different winners in 8 races and they race on various different tracks.

Back
Top Bottom