Kevin Harvick

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by Clutch, Jul 20, 2011.

1. FenderBumper

FenderBumper The "good old days" ??

That sounds sooooo wrong! lol

2. JustMe

JustMe Guest

Maybe they warned Kevin because he won't shut up and move on. Kyle hasn't said anything except, time to move on. Maybe Kevin should pay attention.
    As far as Kyle running from a fight with Kevin, did anybody see Kevin get out of his car to face Kyle before the big crewman got there? Didn't think so. Maybe Kyle's not the one that's scared. :)

3. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

I think you have it exactly right. Kevin would not move on and Kyle was just racing clean....heres a good link that explains it pretty well

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/arti...ck_warned_by_NASCAR_for_calling_his_shot.html

4. chromehorn

chromehorn Guest

Another thread about a specific driver somehow turning into a Kyle bash, I'm shocked.:eek:

5. Nitro Dude

Nitro Dude Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance

What does this have to do with if Kyle is scared of Harvick or not? Besides it isn't Kyles fault that some ugly racecar driver can't get a ride. And if they can't get a ride then we will never know if they can drive circles around Kyle. Sorry I can't take your word for it , I would have to see this for myself.

6. Nitro Dude

Nitro Dude Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance

I hope you are right, and maybe he is maturing, and trying to change his image. Time will tell.:)

7. Greg

Greg 2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader

I like Harvick I guess he is my favorite.

But I have always liked the bad guys, well almost always....Growing up as a boy, Richard Petty was my hero.

I loved it when people hated Earnhardt Sr.
    I loved it when people hated Darrell Waltrip.

Back when Darrell started running GN (called cup now) he knew how to S.O.B., he was nothing like he is now. It was great.
    Becoming a Dad, age, and maybe religion ruined him, as he slowly mellowed.
    But I loved the hate, and people hated him with a passion, he was the antichrist.

Forward to Harvick, keep on being a jerk Kevin, I like it.
    The only complaint I have is no cup titles, we need em to ratchet up the hate to the next level.
    The hate needs the titles, and more W's for maximum pleasure.

That would be my biggest complaint, Dale Sr. and DW used being a dirty S.O.B more strategically. Kevin is to recreational with the use, you have to use more discretion, only so many uses are allowed, you have to make them count.

8. DJ Rossi

DJ Rossi Guest

Hope Harvick wins Indy...again...:bazooka:

9. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

10. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

11. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Good stuff. He's going to be a busy guy, hopefully (and I say that loosely lol) it doesn't affect his on track performance.

Elliott_Fan_9, Joker and FLRacingFan like this.
  12. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Tell ya what, one of the races he announced last year he told what the cars were going to be doing handling wise and where they would be running on the track before hand, and he was right about it. He's a pretty sharp character.

Johali, Elliott_Fan_9, Joker and 2 others like this.
  13. Hawaii808

Hawaii808 Team Owner

Our own NASCAR Tony Romo (just more successful).

14. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

More Harvick and less Waltrip, sounds like a good deal to me...although one of our dear friends here probably won’t be as enthused.

15. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Having drivers who know the cars is a bonus and means the comedy acts of MW
    and the other fat man are not needed.:sarcasm:

Elliott_Fan_9 likes this.
  16. Ford 222

Ford 222 Team Owner

Most accurate comment I read on this thread. Other than Kyle not being scared. But ‘ol Kev gets tough when his team and NASCAR officials are present.

17. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

18. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

19. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

So last night I was watching a YouTube documentary on the effects Dale Sr had on the sport and it was really good, but at the end something the guy said really irked me. He talked about the drivers that followed and dismissed Kevin Harvick as "just okay, won a championship but he wasn't Dale".

This type of thinking just irks me in general, that if something isn't perfect, it's crap. Kevin Harvick is the fifth winning-est driver of the 21st century, a Cup champion that should have two under the old points, has all four crown jewels, two Busch championships, beat another future champion for ROTY and passed Bill Elliot on the all-time wins list last year. No, he's not what Senior was, but Harvick is as good as you could reasonably have hoped for Dale's replacement to be.

[​IMG]

FLRacingFan and Team Penske like this.
  20. Biggreen695

Biggreen695 Team Owner

Kevin Harvick and Kyle Busch are one in the same. Love em or hate em, they're damn good race car drivers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FLRacingFan likes this.
  21. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

[​IMG]

FLRacingFan likes this.
  22. Biggreen695

Biggreen695 Team Owner

Hahahahahahahaha

Dont get me wrong I like Harvick and cant stand Busch.. but it is what it is..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FLRacingFan and Joker like this.
  23. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Proud member of Rowdy Nation Contributor

I think he is just a little bitch period

24. Revman

Revman Mods are Motivators.

On a semi-unrelated note......Sure is interesting to see him struggle with this package. I don't think that the easy in launch off is as unique to him anymore. My two cents....

25. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

Struggle being a relative term, yeah. Also, the importance of the bottom groove has diminished.

26. kyle18fan

Harv was sort of spoiled in the past ...... wind now removed from sail

27. Fordracing7

Fordracing7 2018 Pick em Champion

It's a long season boys...

Team Penske likes this.
  28. kyle18fan

It is ! lots of time to dream stuff up .. spoilers and such

Revman and Fordracing7 like this.
  29. Fordracing7

Fordracing7 2018 Pick em Champion

Lol...gotta love you for who you are :biggrin:

kyle18fan likes this.
  30. kyle18fan

Yep .. love it or leave it :lol2::salute:

Fordracing7 likes this.
  31. Revman

I agree. He has been so dominant for the last few years that it is news when he is ordinary.

Fordracing7 likes this.
  32. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

Jimmie Johnson fans must feel this times a thousand.

33. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

Kevin along with Martin Truex have had the weirdest career trajectories. How many drivers hit their peak at 38?! There's been many who remain average to really good into their 40s but hitting their best years? I can't think of many. I guess Mark Martin and his excellent 2009 at age 50 but that was just a one year thing.

Revman and FLRacingFan like this.
  34. kyle18fan

Dominant car, ordinary driver

35. Revman

I think that the rules package has played into his hands for a few years now. His easy in, roll the center, and launch has exploited the recent packages which I feel trended tight. JJ and Kyle hate that. Now, we have a car you have to charge into the corner, and hammer it down all the way through. I am thinking that Kevin is getting destroyed on entry and slower in the center as a result, by the time he gets to exit, the deal is done. I mean "destroyed" is relative.....it isn't like he is running in last place, but "destroyed" compared to what he was doing to others for the last few years. For this reason alone, I am a big fan of the new rules package! :D

kyle18fan and Joker like this.
  36. Revman

Yeah, it has to be hard, but I don't think Jimmie is done....and these are the times that define the fan IMO. This new package.....the possible good signs from Chevy we saw last weekend.....who knows? JJ might go on a run.....

Joker likes this.
  37. Revman

Martin's circumstances are really interesting. Cole Pearn is a huge X Factor obviously. Also intriguing is how bad they have been unloading (with the exception of last weekend). I wonder if Cole's secrets are now out in the open, and all JGR cars are unloading with his ideas. So, maybe Martin looks slow not because he is, but that his advantage is now everybody's advantage?

Joker likes this.
  38. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner Contributor

Harvick has presented himself in more of a statesman role in the booth. He's done well to temper any negative sentiments sitting next to Keselowski and Austin Dillon.

While it may be counter to his driver image, it is a good look for him.

Team Penske and Joker like this.
  39. Revman

Honestly, I am glad that KB stays out of the booth. I buy into a product. Kevin's Billy Badass behind the wheel, and redneck yuppie polished TV dude are contradictory. I like that the KB product is consistent. Kevin's sh!t is forced. He is trying out for his retirement gig. I am not interested.

Joker likes this.
  40. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

To be fair, it's hard for Happy to get a wild hair up his ass sitting in a comfy booth.

But when I heard his favorite music is country I was like bruh. You're from California...