Kevin Harvick

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by Clutch, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Revman

Revman God bless America.

....but is Bakersfield really California? :D

2. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

But is California really America? :salute:

3. Revman

:idunno:

4. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

And how do you know KyBu's image is authentic? The way he has talked about "brands" and "Rowdy Nation" is indicative of his awareness of market manipulation. Plus, plenty of interviews where he is biting his tongue or holding back -- you know "Everything Is Great"...

I'll take Harvick over KyBu all day long...

mack and Team Penske like this.
  5. Revman

I didn't say it was...I said it was consistent. For the sake of argument.....How do you know it's not?

6. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

I don't care if it's authentic or not.

KyBu is a sports personality looking out for his "brand", which provides for his family, and includes JGR and Sponsors -- he can act out as he likes, and might get punished as he sometimes does. He's got you on the hook for what he's "selling", and that is the point -- he's taking care of business. Whether he's being a renegade, brat, one-man riot, smug sippy-cup interviewee, or holding his tongue from other observations while mouthing off "Everything is Great" -- that's his schtick, real or character or both.

But unlike you, I don't think less of Harvick who has diversified into broadcasting with his radio show and in the booth on FS1 with Adam Alexander. I don't believe it's inauthentic so much as Harvick is doing what the Race Broadcast requires, without dragging all his other Race Baggage into that booth.

7. Revman

They all have a brand. I don't think less of Harvick, honestly. I just think his work in the booth comes off as an eighth grader delivering his first oral report. All I said was that I want my brand to be consistent. I think that Kez as an example is pretty consistent in terms of his brand delivery from the race car to the booth. I like that. I really am not a huge fan of drivers in the booth anyway, but I am way less of a fan when a driver tries to be a Mike Joy or something when he is emphatically not.

8. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

I like Harvick in the booth. He really showed he is professional when he was couple with the grandson and did a good job of making the kid sound OK.

9. mack

mack Team Owner

Some of the finest country music ever recorded was birthed in Bakersfield California. Merle Haggard and Buck Owens roots can be traced to Bakersfield. There was a lot of talent there in the fifties and sixties.

10. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

Who is this boards biggest Kevin Harvick fan. Seriously I would like to know.

Ventisca likes this.
  11. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

I thought there was only one Harvick fan on here... :D

12. Johali

I was just curious. I really don't know. :booya:

13. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

[​IMG]

DaBiff1618, Ventisca and FLRacingFan like this.
  14. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I'm a fan of Harvick. but also a fan of SHR..and Penske, and Hendrick on and on.:D

FLRacingFan likes this.
  15. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

@FLRacingFan? Maybe?
    Or @FearThe4

This board has a lot of undercover fans I think lol.

16. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

:waver:

We have some others like @slash14 but the Harvick contingent here keeps pretty lowkey.

17. Switchback

Switchback Team Owner

I'm a harvick fan since 2001.

Joker, FLRacingFan and Ventisca like this.
  18. Johali

I knew that there were quite a few on here but like @FLRacingFan said, ya'll are kinda low key. :D

FLRacingFan likes this.
  19. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

The quiet ones are the ones you gotta worry about

2 Sweet, FLRacingFan, Kiante and 2 others like this.
  20. Johali

:D

21. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Proud member of Rowdy Nation Contributor

no

Joker and sdj like this.
  22. kyle18fan

Closet Kyle Busch fans abound

AdoubleU24 likes this.
  23. kyle18fan

The Nation is loyal, strong and aware

Revman likes this.
  24. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

Kevin has the long run speed this week and will get his first win of the season. B)

25. Revman

Damn straight. If they would just admit their allegiance, then the NASCAR.com Superstore to stock accurately....but nooooooooo. #Backordered

kyle18fan likes this.
  26. Revman

This could very well be the case. We shall see. That track is going to change again, so good today may not mean much tomorrow.

Joker and kyle18fan like this.
  27. Revman

My 200 Win T-shirt is on backorder. I am not joking. Completely pissed.

kyle18fan likes this.
  28. kyle18fan

Some folks got lucky and got theirs, it will take awhile for others :( Waiting for my 210 shirt :p

Revman likes this.
  29. Revman

Love Harvick and Rodney's explanation for the problems in Bristol. Kevy talked about how teams get tangled up in correcting issues identified by OSS, and then other things are thrown off. Problem is that his is the only team that failed four times this year. This stuff happens, but it only happened to them. Four fans must get tired of all of that smoke blown up your dark places. Comical.

kyle18fan likes this.
  30. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

It was the first time that I know of that any team told the public the decimal amount value of plus/minus tolerances they were over or under on. This four fan thought that was awesome.

Joker likes this.
  31. Revman

...and you trust the guys who ran "the blade?" :D

32. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

https://www.visitbakersfield.com/visitors/bakersfield-sound/

Joker and LewTheShoe like this.
  33. DaBiff1618

DaBiff1618 Team Owner

I’m one of those rare Kyle Busch/Kevin Harvick hybrid fans :p