Kimi Raikkonen wants to race in NASCAR

Yes @StandOnIt that's him.

I'm curious to see how another F1 star does in NASCAR. JPM was the first in the modern era and that wasn't a success.

I'm curious to see how another F1 star does in NASCAR. JPM was the first in the modern era and that wasn't a success.
Yeah, we've seen this movie before, but if he wants to do it and someone is willing to give him a shot, I'm all for it. Maybe he'll be different and he'll succeed. Maybe he won't.

You never know until you try.

Wasn't awful when he ran that truck race for KBM a few years back.

For good T shirt sales I think he needs to make his name
" Kimi Ray Kakanon"

Kimi has his chance to run Nascar and didnt consider it to be real racing, his recent poor performances in the Ferrari must have changed his way of thinking

Kimi has his chance to run Nascar and didnt consider it to be real racing, his recent poor performances in the Ferrari must have changed his way of thinking

Kimi is extremely talented, but I doubt he has the patience to set up a cup car. He's used to driving a car that does what it's told, with huge grip and slot car drivability that you just don't push to the edge very often.

Kimi is extremely talented, but I doubt he has the patience to set up a cup car. He's used to driving a car that does what it's told, with huge grip and slot car drivability that you just don't push to the edge very often.

He has shown some talent in the past but has repeatedly been shown up by his team mate at Ferrari this year, The gig is up in Formula-1 and its time for a nice cushy high paid drive in Nascar, doubt that he will put much effort into it

I wonder what he considers "real racing"?

Yes @StandOnIt
You have to consider the team Montoya drove for. Except for a very brief window with the #40 team when Sterling drove it the Ganassi cars were never consistently good. They're running good now, but of course now they have Hendrick engines. If Montoya had landed a ride with a good team I believe his results would have been much better.

Mentioning F1 drivers in Nascar I wish Mansell had given Nascar a shot. I think he could have made a title run if he had; he'd already dominated in both F1 and Indycar.

I don't think a top team would gamble on an open wheeler. But it would be interesting to see if he could improve the typical results of a lesser team.

Yeah I agree, he ran a truck for only one race and one in the kinda junky Busch N'wide car to 27th(Danica territory). Did ok in the trucks for a first race I guess 15th. They were both on an oval at Charlotte though, I bet he would do pretty good on a road course whatever car or truck he drove.

Why not? World class talent and big name, at the worst he'll be another mid pack guy like Ambrose or JPM. And they were both good enough they just didn't have top teams

He has shown some talent in the past but has repeatedly been shown up by his team mate at Ferrari this year, The gig is up in Formula-1 and its time for a nice cushy high paid drive in Nascar, doubt that he will put much effort into it
I can't fault him for getting beaten by Alonso. He and Hamilton are the worst guys to get paired up with if you want to look like a respectable driver.

But, I think he still has lingering back issues and along with a kid on the way I can't see much more than a brief Truck or Xfinity gig or something part-time.

I don't want him to come race in a mid-tier car. I want to see what an outside driver can do in a top-level ride in NASCAR. Give him time to get acclimated with car and put him in the #54 or the #22/12 and go from there.

Kimi is a good F1 Driver, but, good lord, have you ever heard him talk to reporters. I don't think a Cup Sponsor wants someone to put everyone to sleep. Talk about monotone on steroids with no pizzazz, geeezzz.

Plus, screw it, let a good young Super late Model driver have a chance, of which there are many and they are US citizens.

Kimi is a good F1 Driver, but, good lord, have you ever heard him talk to reporters. I don't think a Cup Sponsor wants someone to put everyone to sleep. Talk about monotone on steroids with no pizzazz, geeezzz.

That reminds me....................

Kimi Raikkonen hits a small child

That reminds me....................

Kimi Raikkonen hits a small child

Damn, douchebag.

The mom is one, too. She actually chased him for his autograph still while her kid was on the ground crying. :rolleyes:

Why do they keep tying. Open wheelers never do good in stock cars and the reverse is also true. Other than Tony Stewart name a guy that's burnt up the track ( other than Montoya obviously) in another series.

Errr, why? Kimi takes care to never bump the child, but the mother plows her to the ground and keeps going after the autograph.
Agreed. He didn't do anything wrong there.

It would have been great PR to do what the mom should have done and gone over and comforted the child or something. But no, he was in no way obligated to do that or anything else IMO.

Agreed. He didn't do anything wrong there.

It would have been great PR to do what the mom should have done and gone over and comforted the child or something. But no, he was in no way obligated to do that or anything else IMO.

He does point to the kid and tell the Mother to help her, which makes him an A1 good guy.

Seriously though, he could have taken 5 seconds to sign for the lady.

Back
Top Bottom