Kimi Raikkonen wants to race in NASCAR

He doesn't stand a chance in stock cars, especially at his age. I'd rather a young up and coming driver get a chance than him.

Kimi was not bad at all to finish 15th in trucks and 25th in the Xfinity series.

This year has been tough for him, but the car and that brake-by-wire system has been kicking his butt. He's a great driver, but it just goes to show how difficult to adapt when regulations changes occur.

Btw, you guys think he was hard to understand. Have you heard a Mika Hakkinen post Adelaide accident?

Why do they keep tying. Open wheelers never do good in stock cars and the reverse is also true. Other than Tony Stewart name a guy that's burnt up the track ( other than Montoya obviously) in another series.

Tim Richmond
Mario Andretti
AJ Foyt

He does point to the kid and tell the Mother to help her, which makes him an A1 good guy.

Seriously though, he could have taken 5 seconds to sign for the lady.
Autographs are worthless these days. A real fan wants a picture for their Facebook. If you want an autograph you just want to sell it on eBay. If I was a famous person I wouldn't sign anything but would take pictures all day.

Why do they keep tying. Open wheelers never do good in stock cars and the reverse is also true. Other than Tony Stewart name a guy that's burnt up the track ( other than Montoya obviously) in another series.
Dan Gurney was a guy that won in everything. Mario Andretti won the Daytona 500. Robby Gordon won multiple races in Nascar, and did pretty good overall considering the amount of time he spent bouncing between different teams and then trying to race as an owner/driver.

As far as F1 drivers, i'd like to see Daniel Ricciardo come to NASCAR, even for a single event. Hell he's a NASCAR fan.
Yep, he chose the #3 since he was an Earnhardt fan. He's a hell of a talent too.

For a pure wheelman I'd also like to see Hamilton (for real, this time) or Alonso in a Cup car.

Autographs are worthless these days. A real fan wants a picture for their Facebook. If you want an autograph you just want to sell it on eBay. If I was a famous person I wouldn't sign anything but would take pictures all day.

I doubt that autograph was destined for E-bay. That woman was willing to sacrifice her child.

I doubt that autograph was destined for E-bay. That woman was willing to sacrifice her child.
Yeah, and that's why I probably wouldn't have given her an autograph either. I would have been like "eff your autograph, lady. Go check on your child. :mellow:"

The lady would then get on her smartphone, and the fact that I'm a major league ******* would be all over the Tweeter within minutes. Fans worldwide would boycott my sponsors, and those sponsors would then drop me like a bad habit, and I would lose my ride.

It's probably a good thing that I'm not a race car driver.

Errr, why? Kimi takes care to never bump the child, but the mother plows her to the ground and keeps going after the autograph.

Why what? Why Kimi is not a dunce?

Well for one, regardless of who did the bumping, no one, not even the mother cared enough to go back for the kid. Both looked back and saw the kid on the floor crying and carried on like nothing had happened.

Douchebags, as said.

Why what? Why Kimi is not a dunce?

Well for one, regardless of who did the bumping, no one, not even the mother cared enough to go back for the kid. Both looked back and saw the kid on the floor crying and carried on like nothing had happened.

Douchebags, as said.

Err, why, as said. Kimi doesn't "carry on like nothing had happened". :rolleyes:

He stops to redirect Mom's attention to the child, thus saving a young life and becoming a hero in the eyes of fans everywhere.

Err, why, as said. Kimi doesn't "carry on like nothing had happened". :rolleyes:

He stops to redirect Mom's attention to the child, thus saving a young life and becoming a hero in the eyes of fans everywhere.

UmmmK.

.. It would have been great PR to do what the mom should have done and gone over and comforted the child or something. But no, he was in no way obligated to do that or anything else IMO.

It would have been nice, but there are a lot of unknowns. We don't know what his iternary was at the time.

I have never understood the autograph hounds anyway, and I think celebrities should be given a little space.

It would have been nice, but there are a lot of unknowns. We don't know what his iternary was at the time.

I have never understood the autograph hounds anyway, and I think celebrities should be given a little space.
Agreed 100%.

I've never been an autograph person myself. Like @KevinWI alluded to, a picture would be cooler, but honestly, I've never been a picture person either. If I ever saw a famous person that I actually knew of (which will never happen because I don't follow celebrities at all), I'd probably just leave them be and let the mob hound them to death.

Agreed 100%.

I've never been an autograph person myself. Like @KevinWI alluded to, a picture would be cooler, but honestly, I've never been a picture person either. If I ever saw a famous person that I actually knew of (which will never happen because I don't follow celebrities at all), I'd probably just leave them be and let the mob hound them to death.

I have heard of people waiting in lines for hours just to get a signature. I never understood it

Never been an autograph guy either. I did get an autograph from Dave Mirra at the Rallycross event at Bristol last year. That was only because he was my hero when I was in middle school during my BMX phase and was the coolest dude ever. He did not care one bit to talk to me and listened to what I had to say. He put his hand out to shake my hand which I thought was amazing.

Agreed 100%.

Ric Flair and I were flying out of Charlotte at the same time once several years ago.... Like you I let him be for a long while. I realized it was because I was a whole lot more starstruck than I thought I'd be.
I finally found enough courage to go say howdy. He did sign something for me. I told him I was a big fan and that was about it. I let him be after that.

Ric Flair and I were flying out of Charlotte at the same time once several years ago.... Like you I let him be for a long while. I realized it was because I was a whole lot more starstruck than I thought I'd be.
I finally found enough courage to go say howdy. He did sign something for me. I told him I was a big fan and that was about it. I let him be after that.

WOO

I can never work up the courage to say anything to celebrities. I see Jack Roush every year at a big air show here and I can never manage to say anything. This year I wanted to yell something about Carl Edwards but Roush was on stage with WW2 veterans giving a symposium on the P-51 Mustang so I didn't think that was apropos.

I have been to an auction hosted by George Lopez and a wedding with Mark Cuban in attendence.

I have been within a few feet of both, but never spoke to either. Sometimes I wish I had so I could say I've met celebrities, but I have no desire for their autographs.

I will always be able to say I got to high five Jeff Gordon, however. :) That was this race (AAA Texas 500) last year.

Back
Top Bottom