Kurt Busch appreciation thread

I'm too cynical to accept his initial statement at face value. It sounds like the statements from every other public figure caught doing something wrong. He may well be sincere but this statement doesn't get that across to me.

Just one idjit's opinion. We now return you to your regularly scheduled 'Austin Dillon penalty' discussions.
You may be right and he has had his struggles, time will tale.

Hopefully Kurt will take the opportunity to speak with high school kids and others about the dangers of drinking & driving. He had a very serious lapse in judgment but he shouldn’t be cancelled over it.

Hopefully Kurt will take the opportunity to speak with high school kids and others about the dangers of drinking & driving. He had a very serious lapse in judgment but he shouldn’t be cancelled over it.
Sounds good to me as long as he follows up and learns something.
I wouldn't be opposed to a suspension of his DL for a period of time. He has the money to hire a driver and it could keep him from a repeated mistake.

Wasn't the first time.
I remember Kurt getting into trouble in Phoenix about 20 years ago for dangerous driving. He was very disrespectful to the deputy that pulled him over. Jack Roush fired or suspended him for the last 2 races as he signed with Penske for the next year. I don’t recall him being drunk in that incident. Has he had other DUI’s?

I remember Kurt getting into trouble in Phoenix about 20 years ago for dangerous driving. He was very disrespectful to the deputy that pulled him over. Jack Roush fired or suspended him for the last 2 races as he signed with Penske for the next year. I don’t recall him being drunk in that incident. Has he had other DUI’s?

He was pulled over on suspicion of dwi in that incident but was only charged with reckless driving. Famous people got away with stuff, especially back then.

Your pious sanctimonious crap is annoying. You don't know a damn thing about me. Don't put words in my mouth or suggest that I am for something, that I couldn't oppose any more.

I only was trying to applaud him admitting he needed to do better and not trying to shift any of the blame on anyone other than himself.

You need to apologize to @Greg for that.
Totally rude and unwarranted.
...and I was pointing out that applauding him for accepting ownership is more difficult if not impossible if he hurts someone (and I don't see that as commendable behavior anyway...he got caught)....and that it isn't difficult to keep this from happening. There was no personal attack here. I will apologize for the impact of my words which was different than my intent because that is how I show up here....my apology does not come under the direction of another poster. Let's move on. Kurt is an idiot. He has done this twice....which is two times too many IMO.

It's not hard to not drink and drive. It. Just. Isn't.
Public Apologies to @Revman

He didn't deserve such a defensive response from me.
Revman is a good guy and he didn't mean no harm and the way I responded in this thread was all on me.
I will try to do better going forward.

Public Apologies to @Revman

He didn't deserve such a defensive response from me.
Revman is a good guy and he didn't mean no harm and the way I responded in this thread was all on me.
I will try to do better going forward.
No harm done my friend. You are a class act, and I appreciate our discussions.

Back
Top Bottom