Kurt Busch appreciation thread

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by Joker, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

So a lot of folks, including yours truly, thought that Kurt being kicked aside by SHR and signing a one-year deal with CGR was a sign of desperation, and that this would be his swan song.

Then Kurt turns around and is the best Chevy out there, even better than his new teammate Larson who people keep expecting to make a jump. Maybe he just works well in this high-grip package. I can't see any reason why Chip doesn't keep Kurt around, so long as he keeps producing, as long as Kurt wants. I for one really grew to like Kurt during his stint at SHR and appreciate his heel-face turn. Here's hoping he sticks around as long as Harvick and Jimmie.

2. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

Also, that Monster Energy Camaro is dope af.

Kiante likes this.
  3. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

In terms of just talent as a driver Kurt is up in my top 5. Kurt has had some rough patches, but no one can deny he's probably one of the most consistent drivers we have seen. Kurt may not win in bunches, but man he's always in the conversation in terms of being up front.

Not to mention he's one the most technical savvy drivers of the field. Kurt is amazing man and I wish he would win more because I still think he's one of the best in the field, hands down no contest.

Truex_rox and Joker like this.
  4. Turtle84

Turtle84 Team Owner

He's having a solid year so far. I'd be surprised if he doesn't win at least one race and make it into the playoffs.

It's almost Almirola/Danica light, level showing up of McMurray (not quite don't get offended McMurray lovers).

Gearwrench scheme for Texas. The Star Nursery scheme was really cool by him too. And he's the only one with a poker sponsor.

Joker likes this.
  5. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

Jamie was a hell of a superspeedway wheelman but that was about it. Kurt, like his brother, excels anywhere.

Turtle84 likes this.
  6. Turtle84

Turtle84 Team Owner

I don't want to bash McMurray too much here, he had some tracks and some big wins, car control talent, always thought he could have done more. I think Kurt has shown to be the superior talent already, he's one of the best in the business.

7. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

I wish we could have kicked Bowyer out instead. I can't stand that guy, he's every yappy redneck stereotype about NASCAR distilled into one. Kurt would've been a better mentor for Suarez.

8. Nitro Dude

Nitro Dude Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance

Speaking of Danica it is nice to see she has survived her departure from NASCAR and had a nice birthday this week. I just wonder if this forum will survive the explosion that will occur when she is inducted in to the Hall Of Fame.:)

Johali and Turtle84 like this.
  9. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

[​IMG]

Nitro Dude and Turtle84 like this.
  10. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Jaime was good, just not consistent enough and struggled with setups for some reason later on his career. Post 2014, Jaime was racing at a decent level. Jaime should get a lot of credit because he did help CGR a lot during his tenure.

Turtle84 likes this.
  11. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

I will not accept Bowyer slander. Dude has been great for SHR IMHO.

We complain about the lack of personalities, but Bowyer has it and can wheel it.

Turtle84 likes this.
  12. Turtle84

Turtle84 Team Owner

That must be when she gets inducted as an Owner.

Nitro Dude likes this.
  13. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

I never said he wasn't a solid driver. He just annoys me personally.

14. Turtle84

Turtle84 Team Owner

Rolex 24 winner, wheeled the DP for many years with JPM for Ganassi, didn't realize he won with Larson on the squad.

He was quite the enigma in NASCAR though, could never figure him out, always wanted more out of him. He was the ultimate fantasy risk. Start upfront go backwards, start in the back somehow ends up top 5'ing.

Joker likes this.
  15. Turtle84

Turtle84 Team Owner

I've got some slander I'd rather listen to him than Blaney in an interview, talk about a monotone snoozer holy cow, shoot me when that kid comes on.

Me likey the Bowyer.

Joker likes this.
  16. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Ryan sounds just like Dave. His first interview, I thought it really was Dave speaking.

17. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

Who would have thunk a 40 year old journeyman would be the best Chevy out there?

18. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

I think the year by year contract is great for Kurt. He operates really good under these conditions. His performance at SHR was hampered by the fact he was Gene's pick forced onto Tony.

gnomesayin likes this.
  19. Truex_rox

Truex_rox 19 looks better than ever.

Finally, a thread for Kurt Busch! :D

Kiante likes this.
  20. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

All the conversation and no controversy!:D

21. Truex_rox

Truex_rox 19 looks better than ever.

Seriously such a far cry from six-seven years ago.

Joker likes this.
  22. Hawaii808

Hawaii808 Team Owner

My gut tells me Kurt is seriously considering retiring after this season. He put his big NC house up for sale. Then he self sponsors his Vegas car to tip his hat to an important back in the day sponsor. Maybe CGR didn't have the car sold for that race but still. I could see Kurt riding off into the sunset to watch his wife's polo matches and take her IG bikini photos.

Turtle84 and Ventisca like this.
  23. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

After struggling for years and finally getting back to relevancy? Nah.

24. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner Contributor

KuBu vs KyBu

Turtle84 likes this.
  25. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Proud member of Rowdy Nation Contributor

Kurt stayed late at an autograph session to sign my autograph, I won't ever forget that ....... and he was nice as hell to boot

Ventisca likes this.