Kurt to leave SHR 2019

I like this move. A lot.

Does this mean Ford will want their GT back?

I can't help but believe this is Kurt's final team change. Monster has seemed happy with him as a sponsored driver, I mean almost every picture you see of Kurt he's wearing that digital camo Monster hat and holding a can of Monster (by the bottom 20% label facing out).

Sorry I didn’t see but is Monster going with Kurt to the 1. I’ll tell you if he can bring Monster and Chip can keep some of Jamie’s sponsors like McDonalds, Cessna, Artic Cat or Sherwin Williams that has the makings of being a well funded ride. I’m excited for Kurt if true, also hope he gets some run in Indy Car. Imagine if next year’s 500 has Kurt, Fernando Alonso and Smoke along with current regulars in Series. Stoked.

Sorry I didn’t see but is Monster going with Kurt to the 1. I’ll tell you if he can bring Monster and Chip can keep some of Jamie’s sponsors like McDonalds, Cessna, Artic Cat or Sherwin Williams that has the makings of being a well funded ride. I’m excited for Kurt if true, also hope he gets some run in Indy Car. Imagine if next year’s 500 has Kurt, Fernando Alonso and Smoke along with current regulars in Series. Stoked.
That is what it said is he would take Monster with him.

And it’s going to be sweet to see Kurt and Larson as teammates, I know the teammate structure isn’t like in F1 but we’re about to see what Kurt has left in the tank going against a guy like Larson.

Kurt Busch and Kyle Larson, we've seen the way those two get along before, so it seems like it would be a harmonious, productive, and successful partnership... surely yielding a few wins for KuBu!

Is this report legit? Anyone able to comment on their past reliability?
Usually, when they come out with contract news, it turns out to be legitimate. If this isn't, it certainly bucks the trend.

wouldn't be surprised if Kurt races an occasional IndyCar for Chip.

Oh, interesting thought. Would love to see him back at Indy. Otherwise, it is hard to follow the logic of such a lateral-at-best move for Busch. If it gets signed, maybe Ganassi is willing to offer a bit more security with a 2-3 year deal.

Does this mean Ford will want their GT back?

I can't help but believe this is Kurt's final team change. Monster has seemed happy with him as a sponsored driver, I mean almost every picture you see of Kurt he's wearing that digital camo Monster hat and holding a can of Monster (by the bottom 20% label facing out).

Insert Ganassi FORD GT IMSA sponsorship joke here!!!

Matt Weaver is a real Mcasshole for jumping in Jamie's face about this breaking news 2 seconds after qualifying. Typical unprofessional journalism trying to get a sound bite

Matt Weaver is a real Mcasshole for jumping in Jamie's face about this breaking news 2 seconds after qualifying. Typical unprofessional journalism trying to get a sound bite

Bob Pockrass is the one asking the question. At least three other reporters are present as well.

Its their job to seek comment from relevant parties on breaking news reports.

Last edited:
Ugh! Now who do I root for?? Gordon left and now McMurray and Baybe dont even have rides next year. I need to choose better drivers as my favorite.

Top ten, yes, but neither driver is a threat for the championship.
Short term gains.

Kurt is 4th in points, the highest of any driver not in "the big three". Surely not championship level compared to those guys, but at least he's in the same ballpark. Some minor changes and he could be on their level. McMurray isn't even close to making the playoffs let alone fighting for a championship.

Kurt is 4th in points, the highest of any driver not in "the big three". Surely not championship level compared to those guys, but at least he's in the same ballpark. Some minor changes and he could be on their level. McMurray isn't even close to making the playoffs let alone fighting for a championship.
McMurray isn’t at Kurt’s level but Kurt leaving SHR is not a step upward.
...and, No. Kurt isn’t on the same level as the big three, no matter what.

McMurray isn’t at Kurt’s level but Kurt leaving SHR is not a step upward.
...and, No. Kurt isn’t on the same level as the big three, no matter what.

I never said it was a step upward. I also never said that he was on the same level as the big three as things currently stand. But what I did say is that his current performance does not preclude him from being a 'threat' for the championship by this year's end. "No matter what" leaves no room for improvement, yet there are 14 races left. He's at the door knocking, just hasn't been let in yet. Same case with Bowyer.

I never said it was a step upward. I also never said that he was on the same level as the big three as things currently stand. But what I did say is that his current performance does not preclude him from being a 'threat' for the championship by this year's end. "No matter what" leaves no room for improvement, yet there are 14 races left. He's at the door knocking, just hasn't been let in yet. Same case with Bowyer.
Bowyer isn’t a championship threat and neither is Kurt.

Consistency is what wins at the current level of competition.
Three teams are consistently at the top.

And you're consistently ignoring my point that championship threats evolve as the season goes on. Surely we don't see the top 3 going anywhere, but there is the potential for a few others to join them. To add substance to this point, would you rather be consistent over 10 races, 26, or 36? 36 is probably the easiest route, but 10 can get it done too. Ask Tony Stewart.

Back
Top Bottom