Kyle Busch after Texas

It hasn't taken long for the better teams to learn how to trim out and reduce the drag and downforce with the 550 package and that makes the car much harder to drive. Harder than being out in aero front with the older packages and have to run single file because the car is so aero sensitive. . Surely you can look at the in car cameras in both styles of cars and see the driver working much harder to drive the 550 car. Some people falsely believe that the car is so easy to drive that they can do it. Yeah sure..line up against Larson and see what happens.
Well if you buy me a Cup ride I'll try it.
No one claimed any random dude off the street could get in a Cup car and win, I'm just referring to what several professional racing drivers said.
I give up
Good.
I’ve heard practice will be back at Phoenix, last race this year.
Speculation is that practice and qualifying will return full season next year.
Yep, it was announced before the season that Phoenix would be one of the 8 races with practice and qualifying.
Yep they have to bring a back up car. On the other side, no backup car needed when they didn't have practice or qualifying, much simpler and cheaper
Most other racing series have practice AND no backup cars. They somehow manage not to tear up their car during practice.

Last edited:
Well if you buy me a Cup ride I'll try it.
No one claimed any random dude off the street could get a Cup car, I'm just referring to what several professional racing driverts said.

Good.

Yep, it was announced before the season that Phoenix would be one of the 8 races with practice and qualifying.

Most other racing series have practice AND no backup cars. They somehow manage not to tear up their car during practice.
Argue with Nascar bud. They decided to do what they did this year, go cry on their doorstep

It’s back next year on a car with even more mechanical grip. Which means more on throttle time than we see even now.
That's very possible. I don't know what some fans are going to do, they have been popping veins all year as it is.

Argue with Nascar bud. They decided to do what they did this year, go cry on their doorstep
That's hardly a helpful tone to take with someone who is expressing dis-satisfaction with Nascar's racing philosophy or racing product. It's a fan discussion board, after all. I mean your contributions to this racing fan community are immense and much appreciated. You bring forth tons of interesting and useful factual information, plus a steady stream of opinions that all come from the viewpoint of one who loves racing. I don't personally like some of the facts, and I don't agree with all of the opinions, but I *always* know they come from a guy who is truly devoted to the sport... and that means a lot.

@donthaveanickname also is a fan, and he has opinions, and they are welcome here. It's not like he is just here to tear down the sport of racing and hurl insults at racing fans. We've had that type before, but there's none of that in this thread. Cheers to ya, friend.:cheers:

That's hardly a helpful tone to take with someone who is expressing dis-satisfaction with Nascar's racing philosophy or racing product. It's a fan discussion board, after all. I mean your contributions to this racing fan community are immense and much appreciated. You bring forth tons of interesting and useful factual information, plus a steady stream of opinions that all come from the viewpoint of one who loves racing. I don't personally like some of the facts, and I don't agree with all of the opinions, but I *always* know they come from a guy who is truly devoted to the sport... and that means a lot.

@donthaveanickname also is a fan, and he has opinions, and they are welcome here. It's not like he is just here to tear down the sport of racing and hurl insults at racing fans. We've had that type before, but there's none of that in this thread. Cheers to ya, friend.:cheers:
Good.
I didn't think this remark was called for and I did consider it an insult. The truth is that Nascar decided to do what they did with the various packages, Not Me. Any attempt to try to explain what they did and the possible reasons they did so brings a plethora of personal attacks. But I do take the devil's advocate a lot of times..if not this place is deader than a door nail.
I did not look forward to 400 miles of Texas or any of the other 1.5's with what the flatfooters call organic racing. Bunching up the field for restarts, tight racing, big wrecks or the possibility of, and racing to the stage is considered by some to be terrible, but they keep me awake and interested instead of more nap time. Nascar came up with it, I like it, so be it.

Last edited:
1634777525294.gif

Back
Top Bottom