Kyle Busch after Texas

If nascar doesn’t change the rules package soon I don’t see Busch hanging around much longer. He doesn’t seem to be having fun like he used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Um every damn thing about the car, package etc will change in 3 weeks so I doubt he is going anywhere which makes it all the more comical to listen to him whine.

The new car is being designed for even closer racing, not single file parading with a pass here and there. They won't be built out of thin china but reinforced body panels with removable front and rear sections. They can't lower the car because or the rub strips for more speed in the corners, nor are they going to be running the flat bill board quarter panels they ran during the aero wars of the past. The cars will be up off the track and they will be running pretty big spoilers on the larger tracks. I don't see any of this delighting a flat footer to be honest.
"Even closer":rolleyes:
I don't see a lot of passing on intermediates this season, a lot of drivers that try to make moves get shuffled back in aero games.

Perhaps my philosophy regarding racing is a little different from yours. I watch pro sports to see some specially gifted people showcase a talent I don't have. The 550 package reduces the drivers' influence to a bare minimum and KDB isn't the first driver to acknowledge that.

"Even closer":rolleyes:
I don't see a lot of passing on intermediates this season, a lot of drivers that try to make moves get shuffled back in aero games.

Perhaps my philosophy regarding racing is a little different from yours. I watch pro sports to see some specially gifted people showcase a talent I don't have. The 550 package reduces the drivers' influence to a bare minimum and KDB isn't the first driver to acknowledge that
It hasn't taken long for the better teams to learn how to trim out and reduce the drag and downforce with the 550 package and that makes the car much harder to drive. Harder than being out in aero front with the older packages and have to run single file because the car is so aero sensitive. . Surely you can look at the in car cameras in both styles of cars and see the driver working much harder to drive the 550 car. Some people falsely believe that the car is so easy to drive that they can do it. Yeah sure..line up against Larson and see what happens.

Reactions: sdj
It hasn't taken long for the better teams to learn how to trim out and reduce the drag and downforce with the 550 package and that makes the car much harder to drive. Harder than being out in aero front with the older packages and have to run single file because the car is so aero sensitive. . Surely you can look at the in car cameras in both styles of cars and see the driver working much harder to drive the 550 car. Some people falsely believe that the car is so easy to drive that they can do it. Yeah sure..line up against Larson and see what happens.
Sure. When's the last time you drove a racecar?

The cars don’t look easy to drive with the 550 package, but they are too dang similar to the Trucks in some ways based off the onboard videos

The cars don’t look easy to drive with the 550 package, but they are too dang similar to the Trucks in some ways based off the onboard videos
IDK I read a lot of posts saying that being held wide open and that doesn't take any or very little skill. (and then I watch Larson almost never slip a wheel) :idunno: I think it takes more skill than that.

I'm still of the mindset its okay to have races that are not good.

That's apart of motorsports, some races are barn burners, some are not. I feel as if the spoiler should be reduced, if they want keep the tappered spacers and keep it at 550, its cool.

Many drivers I could imagine feel the same way.
The problem is the rules package is designed to make every race good and the result is that they’re not. They want to be IRL.

I think the package isn’t as terrible as some make out to be, but with the head honchos in charge, who knows what ya gotta do to give the power back

IDK I read a lot of posts saying that being held wide open and that doesn't take any or very little skill. (and then I watch Larson almost never slip a wheel) :idunno: I think it takes more skill than that.

Nobody is saying that.

People are saying the cars are easier to drive, and I'm pretty sure every NASCAR driver would agree. And when you reduce the skilled elements, it narrows the gap between the most talented and the "least" talented drivers in the field.

Nobody is saying that.

People are saying the cars are easier to drive, and I'm pretty sure every NASCAR driver would agree. And when you reduce the skilled elements, it narrows the gap between the most talented and the "least" talented drivers in the field.
I said many are saying the car is easier to drive and you say nobody is saying that? I give up :biggrin:

No reason the cars should be handicapped. Motorsports used to be about the innovative advancement of automotive technology under high-speeds and high-intensity, yes? I can understand the situations that Daytona and Talladega present. Beyond those two tracks, why should any other track race like restrictor plate tracks? Is it for the sake of parity? It can't be, that reads like a diplomatic way of saying we should enable communism. :p We are here to see the best at their best. Unleash the beasts! Drivers, start your engines!

…and bring back qualifying and practice so that drivers have the opportunity to get the best out of their respective teams.
This too! All other motorsports series have continued to host practice and qualifying sessions throughout the pandemic unless doing so posed too much of a risk. It'll be great to have the full race weekends back. Are they exploring potentially holding at least more, if not all of these, next year?

This too! All other motorsports series have continued to host practice and qualifying sessions throughout the pandemic unless doing so posed too much of a risk. It'll be great to have the full race weekends back. Are they exploring potentially holding at least more, if not all of these, next year?
I’ve heard practice will be back at Phoenix, last race this year.
Speculation is that practice and qualifying will return full season next year.

They’re doing a 30 minute condensed session for all/most races. Still not enough IMO.

I still think it should be an hour (50 minutes) of practice, 1 qualifying session like old days, then race. Wouldn’t hurt to maybe have a quick shakedown besides the 1 practice.

Phoenix Finale has the format down pretty well.

Maybe wouldn’t hurt to have more condensed 2 day shows and maybe the big races and playoff races with a little bit more practice if we’re worried about costs.

Last edited:
The car matters with that no slipping wheel thing...#BrandNewChevy

If they are going to practice at Phoenix, I wonder if they will be allowed to bring a back up car just in case

If they are going to practice at Phoenix, I wonder if they will be allowed to bring a back up car just in case
Yep they have to bring a back up car. On the other side, no backup car needed when they didn't have practice or qualifying, much simpler and cheaper

Yep they have to bring a back up car. On the other side, no backup car needed when they didn't have practice or qualifying, much simpler and cheaper

Saving money is a worthy goal, but at some point the highest level in any sport needs to embrace the fact that is at the top of the food chain. The NASCAR Cup Series is not the local late model circuit.

Saving money is a worthy goal, but at some point the highest level in any sport needs to embrace the fact that is at the top of the food chain. The NASCAR Cup Series is not the local late model circuit.
So worthy that that is what they decided to do during a pandemic

So worthy that that is what they decided to do during a pandemic
I'm OK with them doing what they had to do during the pandemic. The point is that we are past that and it's time to get back to the normal routine, or whatever will pass for it going forward.

Exactly. Thank you.

Somebody notify Biden and Fauci
For comedic relief we always have Ted Cruz running his mouth right after Australia required citizens to get vaccinated by December 12

1634750930557.png
1634751077065.png

Kinda comical that a street Camaro ZL1 has 100 more horsepower than a Cup Camaro ZL1 when they run the 550 package.
& Chevy just announced a 1,004 horsepower crate engine that will soon be available for sale.

Back
Top Bottom