Kyle Busch Motorsports SOLD to Spire

LewTheShoe

Seeking Skill-based Meritocracy... More HP Less DF
Jordan Bianchi reports this morning that the self-named (how yucky is that) Rowdy Busch has sold his racing team to Spire, who seems to need a more spacious shop. As for KDB's motivation to sell, it seems that life as a team owner is a lot more difficult when the Toyota gravy train ceases to pour bountiful amounts of money, personnel, and other resources...

https://theathletic.com/4904699/2023/09/27/spire-kyle-busch-motorsports-sale/

Spire Motorsports purchased perennial NASCAR Truck Series contender Kyle Busch Motorsports on Wednesday, KBM announced.

Spire acquiring KBM, owned by two-time Cup Series champion Kyle Busch, will allow Spire to relocate from its current shop in Concord, N.C., to KBM’s expansive 77,000-square-foot shop in nearby Mooresville, N.C.

KBM’s larger shop will allow Spire to effectively better manage its expanding Cup Series team, plus its own Truck Series program that is expected to continue operating in some capacity next year. Spire’s recent expansion to three Cup teams catalyzed it to begin inquiring and eventually strike a deal with Busch to buy KBM.

That RCR money ain’t that TRD/Gibbs money?

That's a given, but you'd think Kyle Busch would've been able to retain sponsorship for his truck teams even when he did switch over to Chevy. Unless those sponsors were exclusive to TRD.

That's a given, but you'd think Kyle Busch would've been able to retain sponsorship for his truck teams even when he did switch over to Chevy. Unless those sponsors were exclusive to TRD.
A lot of sponsors they ran in the past were suppliers/partners exclusive to Toyota/TRD. Mobil 1, Safelite, Yahoo, JBL to name a few. You still see them on TRICON trucks as well as with JGR in the Cup/Xfinity series.

This year and for the foreseeable future it was going to be taking funded drivers such as Jack Wood, and…yeah.

I thought people were saying sponsors were throwing money at RCR to sponsor him? Thereby making Joe’s claim they didn’t have sponsorship money to pay him a bunch of BS?

I saw this asked somewhere else but didn’t see any answer. Is this immediate or is it like usual with these type of things and takes effect after the season ends since there’s only a couple of races left?

That's for Kyle Busch in the 8 car. I'm talking about the sponsors for KBM.
KBM has had sponsors on his trucks all year.

KBM has had sponsors on his trucks all year.
I would say Kyle really did maybe want to spend time with his family more. That could be the underlying reason if he really did turn down Coach’s out of pocket deal.

Also as a life long Sr AND Jr fan, I don’t think Richard is one who would ever really give his team up but. Everyone eventually has to come to that realization.

Austin Dillon is the guy who recruited him. You can tell he looks up to Kyle in a way and definitely respects him. He talks about how Kyle’s input helps them and helps them grow etc. Kind of like leadership should be.

Maybe Austin’s role in it was bigger than we thought and KB was promised a future stake and/or partnership with Austin’s blessing in return for his driving for them.

Who knows?

TRD made KBM. Period.

Pocketing 25 million from the sale of a team in a series with a low barrier for entry seems wise to me. Whether a person likes or dislikes KB no one can deny that he is an excellent wheelman.

I figured Kyle was learning the business and would eventually become a Cup team. I'm guessing that a move to Cup might be too big of a step. I admire Kyle & Jr for being drivers who made successful teams and helping future Cup drivers.

I figured Kyle was learning the business and would eventually become a Cup team. I'm guessing that a move to Cup might be too big of a step. I admire Kyle & Jr for being drivers who made successful teams and helping future Cup drivers.

It's still possible. Brad shut down BKR and then bought into RFK years later.

To me I see this no different than Kevin getting rid of KHI. They have families and race teams demand a lot of time (and money). I don't see Brexton having any issues getting a ride in the truck series when the time comes.

Back
Top Bottom