Kyle Busch to RCR

LARRY

Stages! Stages! We don't need no stinking stages!!
Kyle Busch leaving Joe Gibbs Racing: 'I'll be taking my talents' to Richard Childress Racing

See what I mean about NEVER being cool? He may be one hell of a driver, but he's about as cool as a furnace on full blast.
I disagree. The door has always been open for Kyle just like the one his brother Kurt went thru. Interesting to see if a new team with different personnel will change anything.

RCR has 18 wins total since 2011.

Gibbs has 105.

I know it's a new, more equal car and Kyle is the king of driver talent but you can't change the fact that he's going from a winning organization to a stumbling mid-pack one. Excited to see him and Brad battle it out for 15th place week in and week out next season 🤣

I almost feel sorry for Kyle.

I'm not sure what to expect and I don't expect to see him run much better than Tyler has run this year.

He has exited his prime and now he's moving to a lesser organization. I don't really see him being a perennial title condender anymore even though he hasn't really been one since 2019.

I do hope he has one last push left in him. He was fun to root against for a long time, but at this point it's just sort of sad to see the drivers you grew up watching struggle to find victory lane.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what to expect and I don't expect to see him run much better than Tyler has run this year.

He has exited his prime and now he's moving to a lesser organization. I don't really see him being a perennial title condender anymore even though he hasn't really been one since 2019.

I do hope he has one last push left in him. He was fun to root against for a long time, but at this point it's just sort of sad to see the drivers you grew up watching struggle to find victory lane.

Kinda over dramatic aren’t we.

remains to be seen. 4 wins in three years something isn't right.

I bet he makes a few Championship Four races in the coming seasons. Call me overly optimistic but I dont think this dude is washed up by any sense. I'd feel the same if he were at JGR too.....something was off at JGR with Kyle. Truex hasnt exactly lit it up this year either. Bell and Denny have been running well. I'm not gonna say a 37 year old driver is washed up or trending down, sure he's not at the beginning of his career but hes not exacty 47 either. Age also is just a number, we've seen what Harvick and to an extent Truex have done in his late 30's and 40's thus far..... it sure has been more successful than their first half.

remains to be seen. 4 wins in three years something isn't right.
Kyle's career win percentage is 9% or so. It was a bit over 10% after his last championship. It's dropped down to 4.1% these last 120 races.

Dunno if something isn't right. But the wins are absolutely slowing down. I don't imagine he will be very competitive. I'd imagine he will run like his brother.

I bet he makes a few Championship Four races in the coming seasons. Call me overly optimistic but I dont think this dude is washed up by any sense. I'd feel the same if he were at JGR too.....something was off at JGR with Kyle. Truex hasnt exactly lit it up this year either. Bell and Denny have been running well. I'm not gonna say a 37 year old driver is washed up or trending down, sure he's not at the beginning of his career but hes not exacty 47 either. Age also is just a number, we've seen what Harvick and to an extent Truex have done in his late 30's and 40's thus far..... it sure has been more successful than their first half.
Harvick is an anomaly, as is Truex, imo. But Martin has slowed up these last two years as well.

37 is young....but 18 seasons is A LOT of cup mileage.

Kyle's career win percentage is 9% or so. It was a bit over 10% after his last championship. It's dropped down to 4.1% these last 120 races.

Dunno if something isn't right. But the wins are absolutely slowing down. I don't imagine he will be very competitive. I'd imagine he will run like his brother.

It helps that you can feel sorry for Kyle

Nothing wrong with 1 win a season in NASCAR Cup.

Back
Top Bottom