Kyle Busch to RCR

Welp somebody had to say it :)

I have to admit that I'm a bit torn on this whole thing myself. I have no problem whatsoever with JGR and never have. (I drive a Toyota, and a small part of the reason why I bought it was because of their NASCAR involvement.) I'm not a fan of RCR (I like Reddick in spite of that), and I don't like Kyle Busch. At first, I was like "cool, I now have even more reason not to root for Kyle."

Yet, somehow, I think we may have a classic case of two wrongs (for me) coming together and potentially making a right. I think it's primarily the fact that Kyle's going to a lower-level team just like Kurt did for a while after he lost his job with Penske, and he'll be driving for a guy who once knocked him into next week.

Maaaaaan, I might start cheering for Kyle friggin' Busch in a friggin' Richard Childress Racing car. :confused:

this-cant-be-happening-panic.gif

Is Revman having a breakdown?
Nope. Revman is fine.
I disagree. The door has always been open for Kyle just like the one his brother Kurt went thru. Interesting to see if a new team with different personnel will change anything.
And the softening of @StandOnIt begins...
According to himself, The Reverend will disavow KFB at season’s end.
Officially. Unofficially, the process has already begun. Lawyers working things out right now. :)

I have to admit that I'm a bit torn on this whole thing myself. I have no problem whatsoever with JGR and never have. (I drive a Toyota, and a small part of the reason why I bought it was because of their NASCAR involvement.) I'm not a fan of RCR (I like Reddick in spite of that), and I don't like Kyle Busch. At first, I was like "cool, I now have even more reason not to root for Kyle."

Yet, somehow, I think we may have a classic case of two wrongs (for me) coming together and potentially making a right. I think it's primarily the fact that Kyle's going to a lower-level team just like Kurt did for a while after he lost his job with Penske, and he'll be driving for a guy who once knocked him into next week.

Maaaaaan, I might start cheering for Kyle friggin' Busch in a friggin' Richard Childress Racing car. :confused:

this-cant-be-happening-panic.gif

First of all, I love the BTTF gif. Best movie ever.

Second, I kind of know how you feel, although probably for different reasons. For a long time now, I have been a HUGE Hendrick Motorsports supporter, and not a big fan of JGR since the mid 2000's. I liked Kyle Busch until he wore out his welcome at HMS, got the boot, then signed up with JGR/Toyota. I rooted against him for a LONG time, for obvious reasons.

But over the last couple of years, I haven't found many reasons to root against Kyle Busch. Maybe because I respect his talent, probably because I find his antics entertaining, and very likely because he hasn't been winning much for JGR. But now that he is entering the latter half of his career, going to a lesser team, and going to a Chevrolet team that hasn't had much success over the past couple decades, I suddenly find it easy to cheer for him. Similar to my feelings about Brad Keselowski, although the circumstances are a bit different. Two guys I couldn't stand a few years back (Kyle Busch and Brad K) I now find myself rooting for. Funny how that works.

I felt the same way about Dale Jarrett in the late 90's. Couldn't stand him when he started beating my guy (Gordon) but I really started to like him in his final years.

“I’d seen that look before, and watching Kyle, I’ve watched his talent since he started in the Busch (now Xfinity) Series, and just how he handles the car, the car control, the way he drives the car and take-no-prisoners attitude, that’s the Dale Earnhardt style I was accustomed to racing with, and I think Kyle has that modern-day style of racing that Dale Earnhardt had in his time.”
-Richard Childress

RCR is being called a lesser team
sure looking at them before this year, not so sure now
RCR 2 drivers - 3 wins
JGR 4 drivers - 4 wins
Penske 3 drivers - 3 wins
Trackhouse 2 drivers - 3 wins
HMS 4 drivers - 9 wins

take HMS out of the picture……looks pretty even to me

RCR is being called a lesser team
sure looking at them before this year, not so sure now
RCR 2 drivers - 3 wins
JGR 4 drivers - 4 wins
Penske 3 drivers - 3 wins
Trackhouse 2 drivers - 3 wins
HMS 4 drivers - 9 wins

take HMS out of the picture……looks pretty even to me
Obviously the new car has changed the game, at least for the time being. As of right now, I do still see RCR as a second-tier team behind the powerhouses like Hendrick and JGR, the latter of whom has been off this year. My squad, Trackhouse, has overachieved from the beginning and is living an absolute Cinderella story at the moment.

Now, that's this year. Next year might be a different story once the Two-Man Power Trip takes over this sport.

kbrc.jpg

“I’d seen that look before, and watching Kyle, I’ve watched his talent since he started in the Busch (now Xfinity) Series, and just how he handles the car, the car control, the way he drives the car and take-no-prisoners attitude, that’s the Dale Earnhardt style I was accustomed to racing with, and I think Kyle has that modern-day style of racing that Dale Earnhardt had in his time.”
-Richard Childress
This is interesting, and quite a turn-around from Childress's poor relationship with Kyle after their fight in 2011. (Remember Childress attacking Kyle after the spring Truck race at Kansas, when Kyle ran into Childress's truck (driven by Coulter) after the race was over? And at that point Childress was already mad at Kyle for an altercation he had had with his driver Harvick at Darlington, which caused both drivers to be put on probation.) Probably why Kyle was surprised that Childress wanted him.

Austin Dillon pointed out that was water under the bridge... hopefully that is true. My recollections of Childress include him carrying grudges, although he didn't seem to mind when his driver Earnhardt got aggressive and caused long-term grudges. I suppose if Kyle delivers the success that has largely eluded Childress since Harvick left then Childress will be happy and forget the past... but if Kyle can't deliver (even if Childress's team is at fault) then what?

It's not a good comparison to equate Kyle's style with Earnhardt's. Yes both are / were aggressive and backed it up with performance, but Earnhardt didn't whine and insult people (particularly fans) like Kyle is prone to. Kyle seems to have gotten better about that lately, but he still isn't shy about complaining about his current team where the public can hear it... one way or another, a Childress / Kyle Busch team-up could be explosive...

This is interesting, and quite a turn-around from Childress's poor relationship with Kyle after their fight in 2011. (Remember Childress attacking Kyle after the spring Truck race at Kansas, when Kyle ran into Childress's truck (driven by Coulter) after the race was over? And at that point Childress was already mad at Kyle for an altercation he had had with his driver Harvick at Darlington, which caused both drivers to be put on probation.) Probably why Kyle was surprised that Childress wanted him.

Austin Dillon pointed out that was water under the bridge... hopefully that is true. My recollections of Childress include him carrying grudges, although he didn't seem to mind when his driver Earnhardt got aggressive and caused long-term grudges. I suppose if Kyle delivers the success that has largely eluded Childress since Harvick left then Childress will be happy and forget the past... but if Kyle can't deliver (even if Childress's team is at fault) then what?

It's not a good comparison to equate Kyle's style with Earnhardt's. Yes both are / were aggressive and backed it up with performance, but Earnhardt didn't whine and insult people (particularly fans) like Kyle is prone to. Kyle seems to have gotten better about that lately, but he still isn't shy about complaining about his current team where the public can hear it... one way or another, a Childress / Kyle Busch team-up could be explosive...
Clint Bowyer once said Michael Waltrip was the worst driver in NASCAR, and then a few years later they teamed up. Sometimes things said in the heat of the moment get forgotten, sometimes things get blown out of proportion, sometimes people genuinely make up, And sometimes money talks and BS walks. In a perfect world, I don't think RC and Kyle EVER hook up, but Richard desperately needed an A list driver, and Kyle desperately needed a job. I'm sure Kyle realizes that if he screws this up, he may never again drive a car that can see the top half of the field, so I fully expect him to tone It down a couple of notches, at least until he can win enough there to make him worth the hassle of employing him.

I read a lot of comments about RCR and Kyle. I for one think it is a great fit if pop pop gives Kyle all he gave Dale. Dale ran his #3 team, hired and dismissed personnel as he saw fit. I think this will work also for Kyle as long as Nascar lets the teams practice.

I read a lot of comments about RCR and Kyle. I for one think it is a great fit if pop pop gives Kyle all he gave Dale. Dale ran his #3 team, hired and dismissed personnel as he saw fit. I think this will work also for Kyle as long as Nascar lets the teams practice.
Just a couple of things though. RC and Dale SR. were friends with similar backgrounds snd interests long before they went on their championship terror, RCR was a one car team for all of their championships, and Dale was the greatest cash cow the sport had ever seen. I'm not saying the RC and KB pairing can't bear fruit, but I don't see things being quite like they were from 1984-1994.

How did poor Richard afford it? Must have put in some extra hours bailing hay or something. Glad that he recovered from the obvious destitution of the Tyler Reddick era. See, if ya just work hard enough, you can have the American Dream.

I have never thought of Dale and Kyle as being anything alike....but Richard needed a narrative. Let's see how it pans out.
Clint Bowyer once said Michael Waltrip was the worst driver in NASCAR, and then a few years later they teamed up. Sometimes things said in the heat of the moment get forgotten, sometimes things get blown out of proportion, sometimes people genuinely make up, And sometimes money talks and BS walks. In a perfect world, I don't think RC and Kyle EVER hook up, but Richard desperately needed an A list driver, and Kyle desperately needed a job. I'm sure Kyle realizes that if he screws this up, he may never again drive a car that can see the top half of the field, so I fully expect him to tone It down a couple of notches, at least until he can win enough there to make him worth the hassle of employing him.
...and sometimes people convince themselves of stuff in desperation.
Obviously the new car has changed the game, at least for the time being. As of right now, I do still see RCR as a second-tier team behind the powerhouses like Hendrick and JGR, the latter of whom has been off this year. My squad, Trackhouse, has overachieved from the beginning and is living an absolute Cinderella story at the moment.

Now, that's this year. Next year might be a different story once the Two-Man Power Trip takes over this sport.

View attachment 65049
Does it? Kyle is a one time winner this year. Kyle is high maintenance....I think that the edge was lost at JGR because he wore everybody down.....Where is the best crew chief he has ever had?....and he chose to leave the mess. Maybe Kyle can find something because everything will be new.....then there will be the first "**** you Richard," and then we will know if these kids have something that is more than a flash in the pan.

I've got all of @StandOnIt shots at Kyle all saved up, and ready for next season. I am betting big money however, that the narrative will be that Kyle will be a peach, and that all he needed was to get out of the JGR mess, and with a good owner who set him straight. Chocolate is working that bull**** too. I will love, however, listening to ole Choc choke on this for awhile. He ****** hates Kyle. Just wish I had some footage of what his faced looked like when he found out. Maybe Kyle can help him out in that museum or something. They can become besties....all because of that poor Richard who came from nothing.....blah, blah, blah.

I wonder how Kyles RCR team will deal with him saying the car is crap, he cant drive it, it sucks, the t eam sucks, etc.
Should be interesting. Honestly, as the smoke clears, I'm glad that I don't have to listen to it anymore.

I've got all of @StandOnIt shots at Kyle all saved up, and ready for next season. I am betting big money however, that the narrative will be that Kyle will be a peach, and that all he needed was to get out of the JGR mess, and with a good owner who set him straight. Chocolate is working that bull**** too. I will love, however, listening to ole Choc choke on this for awhile. He ****** hates Kyle. Just wish I had some footage of what his faced looked like when he found out. Maybe Kyle can help him out in that museum or something. They can become besties....all because of that poor Richard who came from nothing.....blah, blah, blah.
Separation anxiety

In looking at it, this all kind of makes sense. I believe 100% that Kyle wanted to stay in the Toyota camp, but how could he? If he had stayed at JGR, he would be sitting next to Hamlin in competition meetings who would probably be making twice was Kyle would be getting. If Kyle went to 23XI, the same dude would be signing those checks. Kyle's ego would not allow that, and I probably can't blame him for that. The KBM piece is very interesting though. As nothing official has been announced, I would be worried if I was Kyle. Campbell and the Chevy kids would be in a huge bargaining positive position now. Doubtful that Chevy does for Kyle what Toyota did, and he will lose the Driver Development drivers and their sponsors. Staying with Toyota would have ensured the future that Kyle claimed was so important to him.....going to Chevy....well, let's just see what they do.

In looking at it, this all kind of makes sense. I believe 100% that Kyle wanted to stay in the Toyota camp, but how could he? If he had stayed at JGR, he would be sitting next to Hamlin in competition meetings who would probably be making twice was Kyle would be getting. If Kyle went to 23XI, the same dude would be signing those checks. Kyle's ego would not allow that, and I probably can't blame him for that. The KBM piece is very interesting though. As nothing official has been announced, I would be worried if I was Kyle. Campbell and the Chevy kids would be in a huge bargaining positive position now. Doubtful that Chevy does for Kyle what Toyota did, and he will lose the Driver Development drivers and their sponsors. Staying with Toyota would have ensured the future that Kyle claimed was so important to him.....going to Chevy....well, let's just see what they do.
Get together with Dr. Phil and gerbil Jeff about that you guys might be on to something

I'm curious where Toyota's development program goes? Does JGR enter Trucks? 23XI?

TRD probably doesn't have a problem on the short track side though. They already do things with several teams in Late Model Stock Car and Super Late Model racing.

Back
Top Bottom