Kyle Busch to RCR

Very little difference if any between there and here. Interesting to me were the similarities. There were sarcastic humor posts, conspiracy theorists, deathbedders, an optimist, a yota hater, a tin foil hatter, and the usual hecklers from the good ol R-F forum chiming in. Most posts were Kyle Busch fans and they ain't happy with preacher Joe and the gang and young silver spoon Ty. It leads me to believe from the large response and the poster saying the quiet part out loud is that most of Kyle's fandom will move with the driver.
The comments that made the most sense to me were JGR was looking for a big fish sponsor. On the other side were fans saying that business model was very hard to accomplish and that more sponsors are willing to sponsor smaller amounts of races instead of one sponsor for most of the year was easier to do.

Very little difference if any between there and here. Interesting to me were the similarities. There were sarcastic humor posts, conspiracy theorists, deathbedders, an optimist, a yota hater, a tin foil hatter, and the usual hecklers from the good ol R-F forum chiming in. Most posts were Kyle Busch fans and they ain't happy with preacher Joe and the gang and young silver spoon Ty. It leads me to believe from the large response and the poster saying the quiet part out loud is that most of Kyle's fandom will move with the driver.
The comments that made the most sense to me were JGR was looking for a big fish sponsor. On the other side were fans saying that business model was very hard to accomplish and that more sponsors are willing to sponsor smaller amounts of races instead of one sponsor for most of the year was easier to do.
Kyle was butt hurt. He was never going to make half of what Denny was making, and he sure as hell wasn't going to work for Denny. The market made it awkward. We will never know, but I betcha he would have made more with JGR than he is making now....but ya know, the narrative...Kyle's Revenge Tour. It fits his brand.

Are you surprised that Rowdy Nation went with Kyle? I'm not. This is a driver-centric sport for many.

JGR's business model is fine.

Kyle was butt hurt. He was never going to make half of what Denny was making, and he sure as hell wasn't going to work for Denny. The market made it awkward. We will never know, but I betcha he would have made more with JGR than he is making now....but ya know, the narrative...Kyle's Revenge Tour. It fits his brand.

Are you surprised that Rowdy Nation went with Kyle? I'm not. This is a driver-centric sport for many.

JGR's business model is fine.
I would take that bet.

He’s always played the villain. It’s been a work this whole time

Is being hated the same thing as being the villain?
I would think IMO for some it’s one and the same. I always was amused he played the villain, made everything less sterile and vanilla.

I would think IMO for some it’s one and the same. I always was amused he played the villain, made everything less sterile and vanilla.
Isn't the villain the one who strikes fear into the hearts of the competitors? Kyle has never done that IMO. Think Senior. That's a villain. I think Kyle has been disliked. I get your perspective, however.

Isn't the villain the one who strikes fear into the hearts of the competitors? Kyle has never done that IMO. Think Senior. That's a villain. I think Kyle has been disliked. I get your perspective, however.
Tied for 9th on the all-time list.

at his peak, I think Kyle struck fear into competitors meaning they'd have to deal with him that weekend and even there were times, they'd know they go through him for wins on a particular weekend. Since there's no way to quantify "striking fear into the hearts of competitors", its just conjuncture at this point.

at his peak, I think Kyle struck fear into competitors meaning they'd have to deal with him that weekend and even there were times, they'd know they go through him for wins on a particular weekend. Since there's no way to quantify "striking fear into the hearts of competitors", its just conjuncture at this point.
I dont think they fear anyone, I'd call it concern and its for the ones who will run over you. like an Earnhardt Sr, Ty Gibbs, Ernie Irvan, Ross Chastain. Kyle doesnt have that rep, he just drives by you.

This one goes out to the JGR garage crew

Posting your boy's paint schemes....Who would have ever thought? Squirrels are chasing bears in the woods....and rap artists are playing NASCAR events...Wait.

I dont think they fear anyone, I'd call it concern and its for the ones who will run over you. like an Earnhardt Sr, Ty Gibbs, Ernie Irvan, Ross Chastain. Kyle doesnt have that rep, he just drives by you.
What I meant was that drivers knew they’d have to beat Kyle Busch on Sunday’s to get a win. I don’t necessarily think they were afraid of him but was aware he was going to be running at the front

Our boy with his new driver suit
4AF22B8F-F7AE-428A-A4E4-00F2A0745D83.jpeg

• Christopher BellPhoto: Zach Catanzareti Photo / Flickr / CC-BY 2.0

Christopher Bell

2022 Salary: $800,000
    Christopher David Bell (born December 16, 1994) is an American professional stock car racing driver and a Toyota Racing Development driver. He competes full-time in the NASCAR Cup Series, driving the No. 20 Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing. He is the 2017 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Champion.
    • Birthplace: Norman, Oklahoma
    • Team: Joe Gibbs Racing
    Totally Underpaid!

• Christopher BellPhoto: Zach Catanzareti Photo / Flickr / CC-BY 2.0

Christopher Bell

2022 Salary: $800,000
    Christopher David Bell (born December 16, 1994) is an American professional stock car racing driver and a Toyota Racing Development driver. He competes full-time in the NASCAR Cup Series, driving the No. 20 Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing. He is the 2017 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Champion.
    • Birthplace: Norman, Oklahoma
    • Team: Joe Gibbs Racing
      Totally Underpaid!
Where do they get these numbers? No way in hell Bell is only making 800 grand. Wait that photo says 800 grand and the article says 1.85 million?

Where do they get these numbers? No way in hell Bell is only making 800 grand. Wait that photo says 800 grand and the article says 1.85 million?
Never mind, Byron is 1.85, I shoulda finished my coffee. Anyway back to my first point, no way in hell Bell is making only 800 grand

A fresh start for KFB.

Watch out!
Fresh starts can be good....see my avi. Kyle isn't an idiot--despite what @StandOnIt has been posting for last several years. If he gets into that ride, and loses his ****, his career is over. The narrative is that he was screwed by JGR. If he loses his ****, he only feeds the counter argument. He knows how to spin this. The facts are that he has not been part of the championship conversation for the last four years. He was terrible last year. It will be interesting to see if he can drive the Next Gen at all.

Fresh starts can be good....see my avi. Kyle isn't an idiot--despite what @StandOnIt has been posting for last several years. If he gets into that ride, and loses his ****, his career is over. The narrative is that he was screwed by JGR. If he loses his ****, he only feeds the counter argument. He knows how to spin this. The facts are that he has not been part of the championship conversation for the last four years. He was terrible last year. It will be interesting to see if he can drive the Next Gen at all.
Wonder why? He was family and all?

In College Football I pull for the South Carolina Gamecocks, I remember when Steve Spurrier was at Florida and he would whip our fannies and I hated that SOB! Then we hired him at South Carolina and we started whipping their fannies and I loved him, he was my SOB. I think we have a situation like this going on here.

In College Football I pull for the South Carolina Gamecocks, I remember when Steve Spurrier was at Florida and he would whip our fannies and I hated that SOB! Then we hired him at South Carolina and we started whipping their fannies and I loved him, he was my SOB. I think we have a situation like this going on here.
I liked Spurrier first at Florida ( The reason I became a Gators fan) and then at South Carolina. I loved your analogy lol

I want to see Childress pull his head out myself and get busy. Dillion is a decent driver but that is as far as it goes. KDB is a really good driver. Spend some of your gizillions and put a decent piece under him and go championship hunting.

I want to see Childress pull his head out myself and get busy. Dillion is a decent driver but that is as far as it goes. KDB is a really good driver. Spend some of your gizillions and put a decent piece under him and go championship hunting.
Whoa wait. Richie doesn't have the resources of 23XI so he says. Where are you getting the gazillions? How many races has KB won in the last four years? You have one of those posts laying around somewhere. Let's see what happens when Richie queues his prize pony up in the middle of a tirade. He will be less tolerant than the Ex Con, and certainly not as patient as Coach. All of a sudden you have a lot of stock in the Kyle has been held down by JGR narrative. Good luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom