Kyle Busch to RCR

thats an interesting stat there. It also makes me wonder...... does Kyle have a shot to catch Bobby Allison/DW in Cup wins? I know these parts like to characterize 38 as old, but what if Kyle hits a new groove for an extended amount of time with RCR? Hes 23 behind to catch them and 24 to pass. If he were to do this, he'd be top 5 in Cup wins, which makes it an interesting convo as Best of His Generation.

Darrell Waltrip from age 37........won 27 races.
Bobby Allison from age 37..........won 41 races.
Richard Petty from age 37...........won 36 races.
David Pearson from age 37.........won 45 races.
Dale Earnhardt from age 37........won 46 races.

Kyle Busch from age 37................won 2 and striving for a bunch more like above

Kyle Busch from age 37................won 2 and striving for a bunch more like above
It’s impossible to compare dinosaur NASCAR to current day NASCAR.

I'll choose a more recent comp of Kevin Harvick to show this can be done rather than drivers that competed in some cases....almost 50 some years ago now:
Kevin Harvick
Age 38: 5
AGE 39: 3
AGE 40: 4
AGE 41: 2
AGE 42: 8
AGE 43: 4
AGE 44: 9
thats 35 wins in recent NASCAR to show that this could be done, the back half of Harvick's career was better than his first half. Kyle has the talent and ability to do the same. Does he have the team? We'll find that out.

I'll choose a more recent comp of Kevin Harvick to show this can be done rather than drivers that competed in some cases....almost 50 some years ago now:
Kevin Harvick
Age 38: 5
AGE 39: 3
AGE 40: 4
AGE 41: 2
AGE 42: 8
AGE 43: 4
AGE 44: 9
thats 35 wins in recent NASCAR to show that this could be done, the back half of Harvick's career was better than his first half. Kyle has the talent and ability to do the same. Does he have the team? We'll find that out.
No argument from me. It's early but it is possible.

Ernie was Jeff's only competition that year if I recall correctly? I agree, RYR was bad fast and amazing they recovered like they did losing 2 incredible talents when they were on the verge of greatness with both. Really just picked up where they left off when Ernie came.
Strange to think about considering Kenny Irwin also drive for them. Kinda of like the team was cursed or something…

The injury occurred prior to the August 1994 Michigan race.
Going into the weekend Irvan trailed Earnhardt by only 27 points which was almost nothing based on the 185 maximum points that could be earned in race at that time.

Earnhardt went on to easily win his 7th and final championship and it wasn't even close after Irvan's injuries and it was clinched well before the season finale.

Gordon's did not win his first of four championships until 1995.

Note: I had to confirm with racing reference to be sure myself.
I recalled incorrectly obviously. I think I was thinking of the brickyard race where they went back and forth and Ernie could have beat him THERE. My bad.

Possible but unlikely. There is more parity these days than in the past. But then I noticed Harvick's numbers that Jorge posted.

Kyle and family enjoying their new favorite restaurant

Hey, that might work for tattoos also lol.

1678410202500.png

The interview itself wasn't bad, but the title is terrible. In a 12 minute clip he talks about the penalty for just over 30 seconds and mentions more money and better lawyers, which doesn't make much sense because my understanding that lawyers aren't even allowed in the room during the appeal hearing.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

The interview itself wasn't bad, but the title is terrible. In a 12 minute clip he talks about the penalty for just over 30 seconds and mentions more money and better lawyers, which doesn't make much sense because my understanding that lawyers aren't even allowed in the room during the appeal hearing.

I thought the same thing. Towards the end when he was talking about simulator work, I thought that was interesting.

What a bunch of bull****. Resurrection narrative is back after he backs into a win. Zip it Kyle. Nobody gave up on you. You gave up on US...."Haven't worked this hard for 4 years..." Thanks pal.
There you are lol. How bout them Yotas?

What a bunch of bull****. Resurrection narrative is back after he backs into a win. Zip it Kyle. Nobody gave up on you. You gave up on US...."Haven't worked this hard for 4 years..." Thanks pal.
I don't buy resurrection yet.

Fontana was his first legitimate win on speed in like 2 years. 2/3 last wins were because the leader wrecked. And before this, performance was falling.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I don't buy resurrection yet.

Fontana was his first legitimate win on speed in like 2 years. 2/3 last wins were because the leader wrecked. And before this, performance was falling.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I guess in his defense he's running close enough to the leaders to put himself in position when they have problems. It's not like half the field ran out of fuel and pulled over

I guess in his defense he's running close enough to the leaders to put himself in position when they have problems. It's not like half the field ran out of fuel and pulled over

Kyle was not in the conversation for that win. Mediocre at best. Luck.

Back
Top Bottom