Kyle Larson Appreciation Thread

Theres No Room At The Inn
Hendrick has made room before. So would many other team owners. I doubt they would turn Bell down if he came knocking.
That's why I say it's Bell's choice to stay or go. He has a number of reasons to jump, But it is his choice. If he wants his dirt career back something is going to have to change.

If there's a "prison" in Cup, it sure sounds like the one (and only) team that prohibits their drivers from other racing ventures, and that just happens to be the team Bell currently drives for. Sucks for him. I think he ends up at SHR eventually.

Meanwhile, Larson is free to continue racing whatever he wants while Bell lives vicariously through him. You talk about Larson's priorities? Look at his trophies, then try and convince anyone that there's a problem.
Apparently he was ready to give up dirt racing if Rick Hendrick wanted it.

I still think dirt racing gives him bad habits that he takes into cup, but at the same time, I think it just keeps him sharp and allows racing to still be fun.

Having a coach like Cliff really helps too

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Apparently he was ready to give up dirt racing if Rick Hendrick wanted it.

I still think dirt racing gives him bad habits that he takes into cup, but at the same time, I think it just keeps him sharp and allows racing to still be fun.

Having a coach like Cliff really helps too

Larson would be a GOAT tier Cup driver if he focused solely on Cup. Larson is a generational talent that has his attention diverted in too many places. He often struggles to close races and makes mistakes that are beneath his level of talent.

I'm happy to see a NASCAR Cup Champion supporting the grassroots of an entirely different racing discipline.
Larson and Brad Sweet, another multiple dirt series champion started the racing series, paying with larger purses than normal, held during the week, not weekends..The more you know.

Larson would be a GOAT tier Cup driver if he focused solely on Cup. Larson is a generational talent that has his attention diverted in too many places. He often struggles to close races and makes mistakes that are beneath his level of talent.
This? lol, he already is one of the greatest drivers of all times. That comes from the other greats in the racing fraternity. That comes from Mario, Tony and A.J. among others. You will figure out one of these days that you are already watching one of the greatest drivers to hold the wheel. It doesn't take being just a Nascar fan, Larson can jump in anything and win the race. He won in a dirt late model last year I believe it was the first or second time he drove one.

This? lol, he already is one of the greatest drivers of all times. That comes from the other greats in the racing fraternity. That comes from Mario, Tony and A.J. among others. You will figure out one of these days that you are already watching one of the greatest drivers to hold the wheel. It doesn't take being just a Nascar fan, Larson can jump in anything and win the race. He won in a dirt late model last year I believe it was the first or second time he drove one.

Larson doesn't give two ****s about supporting the grassroots of stock car racing (the discipline that provides him with his day job) but will pour money into open wheel. He IS a generational talent but makes some rookie mistakes late in races that someone of his skill level should not be making, that also shows a lack of dedication to his day job.

Larson has a ton of natural talent and is able to coast by on it because of the level of equipment that he gets from HMS.

Larson doesn't give two ****s about supporting the grassroots of stock car racing (the discipline that provides him with his day job) but will pour money into open wheel. He IS a generational talent but makes some rookie mistakes late in races that someone of his skill level should not be making, that also shows a lack of dedication to his day job.

Larson has a ton of natural talent and is able to coast by on it because of the level of equipment that he gets from HMS.
Who is at the top of the points in Nascar in the championship round of 4 lol, you were out of gas a long time ago. lol.

Good for you? I never said Larson wasn't talented.

Going back and forth with you is a waste of time. If The Felon banned Larson from racing sprint cars, you'd be here wholeheartedly defending it.
You never did answer, Who is at the top of the points (who cares now) and in the championship 4? lol

Hendrick has made room before. So would many other team owners. I doubt they would turn Bell down if he came knocking.
That's why I say it's Bell's choice to stay or go. He has a number of reasons to jump, But it is his choice. If he wants his dirt career back something is going to have to change.
I'd love to see Bell at HMS, you and I have talked about it before but I think he's a hell of a talent. One of the top 5 currently in NASCAR imo. I just dont know who Rick gets rid of....wrong choice of words......moves to make room to get Bell. You mentioned SHR earlier, I dont know. They're not fast right now. Seeing Bell at Roush would be very very intriguing. But, thats if he leaves the Preacher, which I would find very very surprising

You never did answer, Who is at the top of the points (who cares now) and in the championship 4? lol

You mean the guy who is 9th in average finish among full time drivers? 🤣

He's a talented driver but he'd be a GOAT level talent if he focused full time on stock cars. Larson will have an accomplished career and probably win multiple championships but there is an element of unfulfilled potential.

You mean the guy who is 9th in average finish among full time drivers? 🤣

He's a talented driver but he'd be a GOAT level talent if he focused full time on stock cars. Larson will have an accomplished career and probably win multiple championships but there is an element of unfulfilled potential.
What does average finish pay? Do you have a figure? You do realize you have nothing but an opinion on this focus B.S.

Jeff Gordon was salivating over Larson back in 2014. He's the best in the biz right now imo ,but I agree in a way with Naitch that sometimes Kyle overdrives and makes a mistake at the end of races but it is what it is. He has won more than enough to make up for that imo, and he's still young in NASCAR years maybe he will figure out how to not wreck or make a mistake when going for it but I'll tell ya from my perspective that's half the fun of why I cheer for him.

Making "rookie mistakes" because he isn't focused solely on Cup? That's an opinion. One could just as easily say he's as good as he is in a stock car because of all the seat time he gets in other forms of motorsport. It's not like he is skipping Cup races to go run on dirt.

Making "rookie mistakes" because he isn't focused solely on Cup? That's an opinion. One could just as easily say he's as good as he is in a stock car because of all the seat time he gets in other forms of motorsport. It's not like he is skipping Cup races to go run on dirt.
exactly

Since NASCAR quit publicly releasing payouts, I don't. But your share of the purse is dictated by your finishing position and Larson has the 9th highest average finish.
You were out of gas a long time ago, quit digging lol.
1697573918257.png

Sure, because he likes to push the limits of the car and sometimes goes too far. That's just how he is. IMO, spending 100% of his seat time in a Cup car isn't going to change that.
And if it is like last year Larson brushed the wall twice at Homestead. The gerbs go into convulsions every time, but Larson does it quite often trying to get all he can out of the car.

I agree. But yet, he'll have races like this past Sunday (and the Southern 500) where he executes flawlessly and closes out these races.

Him choking is a bit of a narrative, because he's won 17 races since joining HMS, no one else has won more than 10 races over these last few seasons. He's also leading everyone in top 5s and top 10s during this time span. So he's still great.

But I agree, he keeps himself from all time great. You look at the other generalational talents, Gordon, Stewart, and Johnson, and you can always count on them to execute in the end.

Johnson and Gordon are outliers, GOAT cup drivers. But even Tony Stewart would close out races at a pretty high clip.

Kyle Larson is every bit the talent those guys were, imo, but he just has too many sticky habits.
He's left a lot of wins on the table.

"Kyle Larson would be even better if he only focused on NASCAR" - I mean, does it matter? He only needs to win a few couple times a year to be in position to win a title with this format. Look at the jokes in the last 3 pages of this thread! Besides, Kyle is who he is because of where he came from and what he does. I was historically a big boxing fan - more so than racing even, and I have DVDs I made of all the A1GP races! - and that talk reminds me of people who would say things like "If Mike Tyson just stayed focused..." If Mike was the type of person who could retain focus easily, he never winds up being arrested as a youth and being introduced to Cus D'Amato, his trainer. Same is true with Kyle Larson. He is who he is. If you want him to be Jeff Gordon, I regret to inform you that he is not Jeff and that it is also not 1996.

I'm also not the right person to ask because I enjoy watching sprint car racing much more than NASCAR, and obviously I benefit tremendously from him racing sprint cars (as well as dirt late models, mods, midgets, etc). So. Yeah.

You're missing a clear point. Larson dividing his attention is not a bad thing, it isn't a character flaw, or a driving flaw. His divided focus, in his opinion, is the difference between 2-3 titles and 50 wins, and 4-5 titles and 75+ wins. He's referencing his cup career exclusively.

See I wouldn't go as far as "lack of dedication". I think the dedication is there. I think he just just brings a lot of instincts behind the wheel from open wheel dirt racing to cup racing, and races dirt too often to unlearn those instincts.

Which, whatever, that's his choice. He's probably got another championship ahead of him, and another 30+ wins.

Who is at the top of the points in Nascar in the championship round of 4 lol, you were out of gas a long time ago. lol.
He's the best in the series. There's little doubt. The point is that he'd be performing even better in cup than he already is if he focused exclusively on that. This doesn't mean he isn't an all time great talent lol

You're missing a clear point. Larson dividing his attention is not a bad thing, it isn't a character flaw, or a driving flaw. His divided focus, in his opinion, is the difference between 2-3 titles and 50 wins, and 4-5 titles and 75+ wins. He's referencing his cup career exclusively.
Serious question: do you think Larson loves NASCAR? Because I don't think he does. I feel pretty confident his primary interest in NASCAR is the money. I do, however, think Larson loves racing dirt.

Now, you are the one that said Larson was thru, finished kaput right? lol. Larson has already, won the High Limit Sprint car title this year, and he IS in the final 4 race in Nascar, now what now about this clear point/opinion you have? It sounds like more ring around the B.S. to me.

Serious question: do you think Larson loves NASCAR? Because I don't think he does. I feel pretty confident his primary interest in NASCAR is the money. I do, however, think Larson loves racing dirt.
I think he enjoys it. He's said Phoenix was the biggest win of his racing career. He's said the southern 500 was in his top 5.

I think he loves his day job, and loves playing in the dirt.

I think he enjoys it. He's said Phoenix was the biggest win of his racing career. He's said the southern 500 was in his top 5.

I think he loves his day job, and loves playing in the dirt.
I think he's a professional and he's good at it, but I also think he wasn't lying about how he dreamt more about winning the Chili Bowl than he did the Daytona 500.

Larson said winning the Chili Bowl meant more than winning the Daytona 500. (he beat 2 timer Bell and it went all the way down to the line), So it is a bit confusing. I think Larson loves racing period. I could care less which one if he does he likes better.

Now, you are the one that said Larson was thru, finished kaput right? lol. Larson has already, won the High Limit Sprint car title this year, and he IS in the final 4 race, now what now about this clear point/opinion you have? It sounds like more ring around the B.S. to me.
The clear point is...while ALREADY being arguably the most talented driver in the world, he may be performing even better if he focused exclusively on cup.

I've also pointed out throughout the year that he's had the most success in cup since 2021, and am in agreement that he's been the best in the series. Yes, and I absolutely catastrophized over my driver getting eliminated with the speed he's had. If you weren't so focused on distorting the opinions of others to make yourself right, you'd realize no one here is disagreeing with you. Stop arguing with yourself

Larson said winning the Chili Bowl meant more than winning the Daytona 500. So it is a bit confusing. I think Larson loves racing period. I could care less which one if he does he likes better.
Everyone should be happy because they get to watch one of the greatest talents in the history of American motorsports race 50-60 times a year in everything from a micro to an Indycar.

Everyone should be happy because they get to watch one of the greatest talents in the history of American motorsports race 50-60 times a year in everything from a micro to an Indycar.
Agreed. I'd rather see him do this than be forced to pick one or the other.

Back
Top Bottom