Kyle Larson Appreciation Thread

I hope this win has opened some eyes and taught people a valuable life lesson...and that is that no matter how far you fall in life, if you are still breathing then don't give up. Also the one thing that yesterdays win proves is that you never want to pay much attention to, or take anything said here on this forum very serious...and never give up hope. After the Larson fiasco a large part of this forum was ready to crucify him and said he should and would never drive another cup car again and if he did it would be for some low budget non performing team because no big team would ever touch him again. Those people were so wrong. Larson worked hard and did a lot of soul searching and did what he needed to do to turn his life around and make himself a better person and a better American and now he is being productive in his community and he is exciting his racing fans on the track again...watching his fellow drivers like Bubba and Kez greet him after the race was very heart warming to say the least.
I think the problem here is that this win is viewed as the culmination of Larson's work. Although I am not a fan of Kool-Aide, I think that some significant person introspection and change has occurred--that is the real win. The actual win in the context of what Larson did was that moment that he realized how wrong he was and what he did, and that is personal. Had he never driven another cup lap, he had won if his change is authentic. His talk is good. He is walking now. In the context of Larson's racist comment, the most significant part of all of this was Bubba congratulating him in Victory Lane. Bubba understood the significance of that, and he made a choice to help continuing the healing.

And then he was fed 3 bum engines in the playoffs by Hendrick that didn't even last through stage 1
Hoping that Chip might be interested in higher quality engines.

I don't think it will be too long before Kaulig is full time in cup and all hell will break loose when they do. They will easily replace Ganassi in the number 2 spot and will be competing for number one with Hendrick for top Chevy. The rest of the competition will have to make room for another big player.
You are operating on the assumption that Chip will continue to lick Hendrick's plates.

I always felt like they were the Chevy B-team. They've had their days in the sun, and while I hope to see them get a Cup one day, I've never felt that they quite matched teams like HMS, JGR, SHR, even Roush when they were in their prime. I don't think they've ever quite been on par with HMS. There's been some drivers in the past - and even recent years - that have helped them retain dark horse status like Larson and Kurt Busch. Even before them, Jamie Mac grabbed the occasional win, JPM bolstered their road course efforts with his prowess, and Sterling Marlin probably came the closest out of all of them as far as getting a Cup for that team goes. Yet, CGR's never truly passed their level of IndyCar triumphs over to Cup.
The last Chevy B-Team became the Toyota A-Team. Queue the song, "Baby Come to Me".

the most significant part of all of this was Bubba congratulating him in Victory Lane. Bubba understood the significance of that, and he made a choice to help continuing the healing.

I'm sorry but to me that was cheesy. Bubba and Kyle didn't appear to be 2 guys that would have done something like this prior to all this and honestly they still don't. I mean these 2 weren't battling all day for the win and don't appear to be great friends off the track. To me this was just to make a photo op and felt forced.

The last Chevy B-Team became the Toyota A-Team. Queue the song, "Baby Come to Me".
Hasn't been that great a move by the Preacher. He won 3 championships in 13 years running GM's versus 2 championships in 18 years with the Yoters.

I don't think it will be too long before Kaulig is full time in cup and all hell will break loose when they do. They will easily replace Ganassi in the number 2 spot and will be competing for number one with Hendrick for top Chevy. The rest of the competition will have to make room for another big player.

Wait a minute....just read the rest of your post.....competing for Hendrick #1? You have to be joking.

Hasn't been that great a move by the Preacher. He won 3 championships in 13 years running GM's versus 2 championships in 18 years with the Yoters.
Your math is abysmal. Google it.

Larsen had a great car at Vegas and he has incredible driving skills.
That's why he won. Period.

I think the problem here is that this win is viewed as the culmination of Larson's work. Although I am not a fan of Kool-Aide, I think that some significant person introspection and change has occurred--that is the real win. The actual win in the context of what Larson did was that moment that he realized how wrong he was and what he did, and that is personal. Had he never driven another cup lap, he had won if his change is authentic. His talk is good. He is walking now. In the context of Larson's racist comment, the most significant part of all of this was Bubba congratulating him in Victory Lane. Bubba understood the significance of that, and he made a choice to help continuing the healing.

Talk about

beat a dead horse.gif

Its been a long time since Ive seen Larson grin as much as he has lately. Kudos to Mr H and Gordon for taking a chance on him. People can change!

Not a fan of HMS, but Im a Larson fan.

How long before more sponsors come on board now with a win under the 5's belt?

Ganassi to Toyota would be a smart move for them I feel.
You think Toyota is interested in adding another organization? Their plan has always be quality over quantity so I imagine they're nearing that limit if Denny and MJ expanded at all

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You think Toyota is interested in adding another organization? Their plan has always be quality over quantity so I imagine they're nearing that limit if Denny and MJ expanded at all

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That has not always been the plan, but that is the direction that has evolved over the last few years. TRD has the capacity to support eight cars comfortably....and probably up to ten or so per David Wilson. They are very much interested growing. You will see expansion next year with the new car.

That has not always been the plan, but that is the direction that has evolved over the last few years. TRD has the capacity to support eight cars comfortably....and probably up to ten or so per David Wilson. They are very much interested growing. You will see expansion next year with the new car.
Ganassi is so underrated. Switching to Toyota would be a good move for that team.

Ganassi is so underrated. Switching to Toyota would be a good move for that team.
Why?

2020 saw Chevy and Toyota score the same number of wins, 9. Meanwhile Ford won the manufacture championship with double the wins at 18. Of the 4 races so far this season, Chevy and Ford have a combined 3 wins with Toyota with 1.

If a smaller team is looking to change manufacturers, Ford is the answer currently.

Why?

2020 saw Chevy and Toyota score the same number of wins, 9. Meanwhile Ford won the manufacture championship with double the wins at 18. Of the 4 races so far this season, Chevy and Ford have a combined 3 wins with Toyota with 1.

If a smaller team is looking to change manufacturers, Ford is the answer currently.
It's hard to splain to Yoder fans their rather dismal performance in the Cup series since they entered the sport. Nobody in the media wants to say a discouraging word about it, and Toyota seems content where they are with 4 teams and a kick the can team.

I enjoy having my posts ignored. It speaks to their quality.

You fellas down there still making Toyotas and cashing checks?

these threads need a dam road map,i started reading about how great it is to see larson doing so well, and it goes to who the hell knows.there should be a thread called i hate everything about nascar but i still watch it.
Off topic is a way of life around here.

It's hard to splain to Yoder fans their rather dismal performance in the Cup series since they entered the sport. Nobody in the media wants to say a discouraging word about it, and Toyota seems content where they are with 4 teams and a kick the can team.
Weird flex but ok.

WE average 11 wins per season with half the car count of the Ferds and Cheevs. Roughly 1/3 of the wins per season (OUR fair share which is all WE have ever expected) with half the cars is not dismal....in fact, to @aunty dive point, quite exceptional. You posted earlier that WE had been in Cup for 18 years. I told you to Google it. You didn't. This is OUR 15th year of Cup. WE entered Trucks in 2004. One thing when your posts are biased....quite another when they are inaccurate....I had another word, but I decided to be nice.

WE average 11 wins per season with half the car count of the Ferds and Cheevs. Roughly 1/3 of the wins per season (OUR fair share which is all WE have ever expected) with half the cars is not dismal....in fact, to @aunty dive point, quite exceptional. You posted earlier that WE had been in Cup for 18 years. I told you to Google it. You didn't. This is OUR 15th year of Cup. WE entered Trucks in 2004. One thing when your posts are biased....quite another when they are inaccurate....I had another word, but I decided to be nice.
now if you could just change the number of championships on the books from three when mediocre Joe was a third tier GM sponsored team, to 2 when he is all Toyota has. Google that. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom