Kyle Larson Appreciation Thread

sdj

Just a race fan
In the woods (as much as possible) RM LogoType (4)
Man oh man, what a drive he had at Phoenix, start at back, go to front, pit speeding, go to back then to the front again, another pit speeding ticket, to the back and then to the front again o_O. He was driving the wheels off that thing and was not married to the high groove, he now is working the whole track and making it look easy. It is my humble opinion if not for the speeding issues on pit road, he would have been fighting for the win for sure.

Revman

TRD
Man oh man, what a drive he had at Phoenix, start at back, go to front, pit speeding, go to back then to the front again, another pit speeding ticket, to the back and then to the front again o_O. He was driving the wheels off that thing and was not married to the high groove, he now is working the whole track and making it look easy. It is my humble opinion if not for the speeding issues on pit road, he would have been fighting for the win for sure.

He was very fast--especially on pit road. Congrats.

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
Yep, he is really putting on a good show for his fans. I hardly even paid that much attention to where the rest of the HMS cars were yesterday because I was so interested in the show he was putting on. He has definitely brought a whole new excitement to NASCAR weekends this year...for me anyway. He is definitely making Chevy look pretty good. 🏁🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
I was starting to think he was speeding on purpose so he would get to pass more cars.

Whiskyb

Team Owner
I was starting to think he was speeding on purpose so he would get to pass more cars.
They did say pre race how starting at the back was so terrible he may not recover. I think he made it look easy. His pit crew also did a great job

Reactions: sdj

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
They did say pre race how starting at the back was so terrible he may not recover. I think he made it look easy. His pit crew also did a great job
Yeah I honestly think he learned something about pace at Phoenix. Pace hasn't been one of his stronger points. Pace was floor it until either something broke or he hit the wall. It was the most interesting parts of the race I thought watching him pick thru thru field without hardly spinning a wheel.

Nitro Dude

Yeah I honestly think he learned something about pace at Phoenix. Pace hasn't been one of his stronger points. Pace was floor it until either something broke or he hit the wall. It was the most interesting parts of the race I thought watching him pick thru thru field without hardly spinning a wheel.
Until they made the last pit stop and then what ever they did it caused the car to lose traction every time he tried to exit the corners. Just no forward bite at all.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Until they made the last pit stop and then what ever they did it caused the car to lose traction every time he tried to exit the corners. Just no forward bite at all.
I'm no expert just a guess but I would think it would be hard to tell what the car is doing when it spent the whole day almost in heavy traffic while the rest up front spent all day fine tuning their cars.

Nitro Dude

I'm no expert just a guess but I would think it would be hard to tell what the car is doing when it spent the whole day almost in heavy traffic while the rest up front spent all day fine tuning their cars.
I agree that is why I go off of what the driver says. There is no better expert then him... or her in some cases.

Turtle84

underglow
Whelp looks like Larson is the cream of the crop for Hendrick on intermediates so far. Impressive leading laps today, just extended late race tire fall off got him at the end. Frustrating to not capitalize on it but great sign of things to come and already having a win in the bank. I noticed he backed off putting Chase a lap down early too, when he easily could have pushed the issue, good teammate to have. He may not ever light it up on road courses dega/daytona/martinsville but I could see him dominating in a similar fashion to the way Harvick has in the past with the majority of his success coming from the 2/1.5's and select short tracks like Bristol/Dover where it fits his driving style. This new Hendrick equipment is clearly the best he's ever had.

Nitro Dude

It is so cool to see Kyle giving back to the community. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kyle starting or helping more foundations in the future. Just seeing how Kyle didn't give up and turned his life back around after his whole world came crashing down around him hopefully will give kids and adults the hope they need to never give up and keep fighting no matter the situation they are in. This just makes me that much more proud to be a Kyle Larson and HMS fan. I think there are to many people in this world that are ready to bury a person when they stumble in life.

DaBiff1618

Team Owner
I’m old enough to remember when people wanted Noah Gragson in the car instead 🙃

Nitro Dude

Whelp looks like Larson is the cream of the crop for Hendrick on intermediates so far. Impressive leading laps today, just extended late race tire fall off got him at the end. Frustrating to not capitalize on it but great sign of things to come and already having a win in the bank. I noticed he backed off putting Chase a lap down early too, when he easily could have pushed the issue, good teammate to have. He may not ever light it up on road courses dega/daytona/martinsville but I could see him dominating in a similar fashion to the way Harvick has in the past with the majority of his success coming from the 2/1.5's and select short tracks like Bristol/Dover where it fits his driving style. This new Hendrick equipment is clearly the best he's ever had.
Yep, I agree... I think Larson will hone his skills on those other tracks also in due time. Chase definitely owes Larson big time for keeping him on the lead lap. He is definitely a good teammate. I think right now HMS has very talented and team player type drivers on their roster.

Last edited:
Top Bottom