Kyle Larson Appreciation Thread

Was watching a replay from kokomo and the announcers said Larson tweeted that he wants to break a standing record for number of races a driver competes in in a single year. I don't do twitter, can anybody that does add anything

Was watching a replay from kokomo and the announcers said Larson tweeted that he wants to break a standing record for number of races a driver competes in in a single year. I don't do twitter, can anybody that does add anything
I don't know what the record is, but Logan Seavey is planning on doing all 99 USAC races in 2022. I just don't think that many races would be possible for Larson due to the amount of time he has to spend for all of his NASCAR commitments...especially after winning the championship last year I would think he will have an even larger number of off-track commitments in 2022.

.@Logan_Seavey has planned a full assault on all 99 USAC National events in 2022.

The announcers thought the record was in the 120-130 area. Might have to join twitter to see if I can find the actual piece and not hear say from announcers

F-1 is probably the only racing series that I wouldn't watch even if Larson was in it. I like Larson but I don't like him enough to watch that boring series.
I've been an F1 fan off and on since they raced at Fair Park in Dallas in 1984. The racing today is pretty good, much better than it was 5-10ish years ago.

I've been an F1 fan off and on since they raced at Fair Park in Dallas in 1984. The racing today is pretty good, much better than it was 5-10ish years ago.
Technological pinnacle. Absolutely badass, but many NASCAR types are about the driver and the "great racing" phenomenon....pretty much the antithesis of what F1 is. I love it, but I loved it more when Toyota was in the series.

F-1 is probably the only racing series that I wouldn't watch even if Larson was in it. I like Larson but I don't like him enough to watch that boring series.
I'll give you one thing, sometimes it can be boring. Recently it's been amazing though!
100%. There's been major improvement in the quality of F1 racing, and there's a great chance that the pecking order has been shaken up now.

Gary Nelson said last month “they didn’t buy the team yet”, which was an interesting way of describing their relationship. It probably isn’t too far away if it happens, maybe within the next two years.
So, it pretty much confirms Hendrick was the interested buyer reported last year. With the new generation of GTP on the horizon, I could see Nelson playing a lesser role for Hendrick while changing over ownership.

That's if it does happen to be a reality. It will be an interesting year for IMSA come next off-season.

I'll give you one thing, sometimes it can be boring. Recently it's been amazing though!

100%. There's been major improvement in the quality of F1 racing, and there's a great chance that the pecking order has been shaken up now.
I actually said that wrong. It is not the F1 series that I don't like. I like the technology in F1, and I love a lot of the exotic cities they race at. But I have never really been much of a fan of road course racing and especially open wheel cars. I have just started enjoying the NASCAR road course racing because they do bump each other around a little. That being said, the start of an F1 race is pretty exciting. :)

I'd appreciate an ass whipping

I see Kyle is setting up and promoting a race at a local dirt track the weekend of Bristol Dirt.
Sounds like it may be his first attempt at recreating The Prelude.
Kyle Larson to Promote Dirt Race Prior to Bristol Food City Dirt Race - Jayski's NASCAR Silly Season Site
This will be interesting to follow. I always had the feeling NASCAR wasn't happy about Stewart's Prelude and they put a stop to it by giving Tony the truck race. When Tony first announced there wouldn't be a Prelude, he simply said there was just too much going on to schedule it. Not buying that one...

Well I finally found it…I got the Kyle Larson HendrickCars.Com New Era hat he wears. I paid way too much for it. Found it on Ebay, messaged the seller directly and we negotiated a price for actually two hats. I’ll upload pics when I get it.

Well I finally found it…I got the Kyle Larson HendrickCars.Com New Era hat he wears. I paid way too much for it. Found it on Ebay, messaged the seller directly and we negotiated a price for actually two hats. I’ll upload pics when I get it.
I saw Fanatics was selling one, or maybe it was the NASCAR superstore, that was similar but didn't have the HMS branding on the back. Pretty cool when you can find the real deal tho, I have a few Gordon driver issued hats that I got from a lady that used to have ties to the team.

I saw Fanatics was selling one, or maybe it was the NASCAR superstore, that was similar but didn't have the HMS branding on the back. Pretty cool when you can find the real deal tho, I have a few Gordon driver issued hats that I got from a lady that used to have ties to the team.
I have two Gordon DuPont hats I found on EBay from the last years they sponsored him, it was team issued. One hat was a Black adidas Dupont with a yellow 24 and another was the 20th anniversary hat that the crew wore.

I didn’t trust the store, I bought that one too but it’s not shipping until July. The fella I bought this current hat from said he has a friend at the team and they’re left over from last year. That’s fine I’ll take it, I also bought from the same fella one of those golfer hats that are meant to look old school that are sold on NASCAR.com, it’s a HendrickCars.com one the team is supposedly wearing at Darlington next month and will be for sale later this year. I might sell that one, as those hats fit terrible on me.

I didn’t trust the store, I bought that one too but it’s not shipping until July. The fella I bought this current hat from said he has a friend at the team and they’re left over from last year. That’s fine I’ll take it, I also bought from the same fella one of those golfer hats that are meant to look old school that are sold on NASCAR.com, it’s a HendrickCars.com one the team is supposedly wearing at Darlington next month and will be for sale later this year. I might sell that one, as those hats fit terrible on me.
Maaaan I have 92847474839 of those golfer hats lmao. I need to stop. I love those things though.

Got it!
667CE18F-B5B6-4EDE-A0A1-6223190414DC.jpeg

Just saw the Larson video where he said he messed up at Indy.
Not one mention of "standing on the brakes" from him...

Back
Top Bottom