Lack of debris

Y'all have really been having fun, haven't you? Yanking each other's chain and throwing out the bait to see who bites.
I do believe some of you would argue with a rock. ROTFL

The way I read it is that some members are giving factual information and others can't even compare the same event accurately.

Ad hominem is not an attack, it’s an alteration of course in an argument from the positions held to character. What is deemed as an “attack” is subjective. That is OT though.

@StandOnIt peruse page 2 in this thread to find your answer.
pick a race bud, I made some mistakes with what I was picking, I admitted it like a man move on bud you want to see more or not I aiin;t scared of being wrong you don't learn **** unless you make mistakes

pick a race bud, I made some mistakes with what I was picking, I admitted it like a man move on bud you want to see more or not I aiin;t scared of being wrong you don't learn sh!t unless you make mistakes
I have to ask, what exactly is your argument now? After this statement:
they haven't spiked, but they sure as hell haven't lessened.
I’m gonna need clarification. The above sounds like something you pulled from the Godfather part III :D

I have to ask, what exactly is your argument now? After this statement:

I’m gonna need clarification. The above sounds like something you pulled from the Godfather part III :D
you have said many times that there are more minutes of commercials a huge spike I believe you said. Me and another guy said that the commercial time used during the race is pretty flat from years past. so far despite mistakes that I did correct it ain't happening. on another note entirely because of the stage breaks the racing isn't being interrupted as much because of the stages, thus more and better racing. That has already been proven for most, some you can't prove a thing :D It ain't a big deal either way, something to do. Because I did initially blow two in a row, you picking the race sounded like fun

I have been keeping track of the commercials, and on the race thread posters aren't complaining like they were when they didn't have the stages, I know some hate that fact but it is a fact FWIW.
This is a joke, right? We have races as far back as weeks ago with complaints about going to commercial while showing a battle for the lead and other inopportune times.

You’ll have to learn that anectdotal evidence is not formal data.

I haven't been a jackass as some have..not saying you were. it has been interesting to me, I have been keeping track of the commercials, and on the race thread posters aren't complaining like they were when they didn't have the stages, I know some hate that fact but it is a fact FWIW.

I don't think of you as a jackass or the village idiot but just a guy that likes Nascar. When you say you have been keeping track of commercials you reference the race day thread and that people are not complaining. JMO but basing something on what 10 or 15 people say on an internet forum hardly seems scientific. Are you monitoring the satisfaction or dissatisfaction of the commercial breaks in any other ways?

This is a joke, right? We have races as far back as weeks ago with complaints about going to commercial while showing a battle for the lead and other inopportune times.

You’ll have to learn that anectdotal evidence is not formal data.
show me the thread, I have seen people bitching about the camera moving when a pass is being made, not much about the commercials

I don't think of you as a jackass or the village idiot but just a guy that likes Nascar. When you say you have been keeping track of commercials you reference the race day thread and that people are not complaining. JMO but basing something on what 10 or 15 people say on an internet forum hardly seems scientific. Are you monitoring the satisfaction or dissatisfaction of the commercial breaks in any other ways?
I am using the racing thread here among some of the most critical people I have ever encountered, the rest of the Nascar boards I frequent during a race none of that is happening, they are a bunch of youngsters who think it is cool to use the F word.totally unscientific

you have said many times that there are more minutes of commercials a huge spike I believe you said. Me and another guy said that the commercial time used during the race is pretty flat from years past. so far despite mistakes that I did correct it ain't happening. on another note entirely because of the stage breaks the racing isn't being interrupted as much because of the stages, thus more and better racing. That has already been proven for most, some you can't prove a thing :D It ain't a big deal either way, something to do. Because I did initially blow two in a row, you picking the race sounded like fun
I’m not sure if I can show you any evidence that you’d even believe or be able to properly comprehend, seeing as you are already misquoting me and we haven’t even gone a full page away from my quote.

I never said “huge spike”. We’ve already shown you pages from Jayski where the number of commercials jumped from 2016 when stages were not implemented. If we are going to go around in circles (pun intended), I’m out. It’s not up to me to decipher stats for you. Can lead you to water but drinking is on you.

I’m not sure if I can show you any evidence that you’d even believe or be able to properly comprehend, seeing as you are already misquoting me and we haven’t even gone a full page away from my quote.

I never said “huge spike”. We’ve already shown you pages from Jayski where the number of commercials jumped from 2016 when stages were not implemented. If we are going to go around in circles (pun intended), I’m out.
good deal the next time you bring it up we will go again. :cheers:

I said "I believe you said huge spike", but if all ya want to do is a pissing match so be it, I ain't playing

Last edited:
The real takeaway from this thread, tangents aside, is that NASCAR has been doing stage racing for quite some time. Then in 2017 they announced it, and told everyone when the stage markers would be. In the pragmatic sense, that's a win for transparency and fairness.

Personally, I don't care how many minutes of racing vs. how many minutes of commercials I see.
I'm just grateful that I get to watch the races -- live and in living color. I know that those commercials
are paying for my ability to see the races, so I put up with them. Yes, they are sometimes annoying, but they are a necessary evil.

Chex and StandOnit, please stop the one-upmanship game y'all are playing. Please.

Personally, I don't care how many minutes of racing vs. how many minutes of commercials I see.
I'm just grateful that I get to watch the races -- live and in living color. I know that those commercials
are paying for my ability to see the races, so I put up with them. Yes, they are sometimes annoying, but they are a necessary evil.

Chex and StandOnit, please stop the one-upmanship game y'all are playing. Please.
Yeah, we all are grateful for the races being on TV, enjoy it, and understand that its how the bills are paid. Doesn’t mean we cant have a discussion about it - right? Is there a rule I missed about how long a topic can get dissected?

All honesty I really dont see it as a “one upmanship game”. At least, thats not how Ive intended it to come across. It’s a solid conversation without ridiculous personal character attacks. Refreshing, for a change. It’d be a shame to delete the comments into no-context or close the entire thing IMO.

you may call it that, but it is interesting, I am not seeing all of the rants about commercials myself. I'm going to try to find some of last years threads to do another unscientific look at it. I could be wrong I'm going to around post 200 250 to see if there is any difference

Yeah, we all are grateful for the races being on TV, enjoy it, and understand that its how the bills are paid. Doesn’t mean we cant have a discussion about it - right? Is there a rule I missed about how long a topic can get dissected?

All honesty I really dont see it as a “one upmanship game”. At least, thats not how Ive intended it to come across. It’s a solid conversation without ridiculous personal character attacks. Refreshing, for a change. It’d be a shame to delete the comments into no-context or close the entire thing IMO.
Who said anything about closing this thread --- I certainly didn't. Where did I say that you can't have a discussion? Where did I say that you can't dissect a topic? Although I think this topic has been dissected down to nothing.

you may call it that, but it is interesting, I am not seeing all of the rants about commercials myself. I'm going to try to find some of last years threads to do another unscientific look at it. I could be wrong I'm going to around post 200 250 to see if there is any difference
giphy.gif

A couple years ago, I feel NASCAR had got to the point where they wanted as many cautions as possible to create more "action" caused by double file restarts. Whether it was insignificant/invisible debris, a stray wheel on pit road, a car simply getting loose in a corner, or something as ridiculous as balloons in the infield. They went overboard. You could practically hear Hoots chomping at the bit to yell "PUT IT OUT" as a car gets sideways, only to recover and continue on without any harm or contact whatsoever. But sure enough, there's the yellow! NASCAR forgot what a caution's intended purpose was, and they abused it as a tool to manufacture more drama/passing/whatever.

There's been very few, if any, bogus cautions since the stage racing was put in place. I'm generally a traditionalist when it comes to the rules of NASCAR but I'm completely fine with the stages. Especially since the phony yellows are gone, and there's no "heat" races or caution clocks or any of that awful nonsense.

I wonder if Nascar could ever end up on Netflix or another platform like that as the marriage could be ideal. With a pay service demographics and the number of viewers are essentially tossed out the window or at least I think they would be.

Racing started as a daring spectacle. Then it became a gentleman’s sport, one upmanship among the wealthy. That evolved into engineering developments that eventually transferred to the cars we drive. Advertising started paying the bills as racing became regular events. NASCAR is all about marketing and that’s how we get to watch races on TV; we pay by watching commercials and looking at logos on race cars. At a Q & A session many years ago, Jeff Burton was asked who was the most important person on a race team. He answered “The sponsor, nothing happens without a sponsor”. I was annoyed with answer but it is true.

I do wish drivers would quit reciting the names on their fire suit when someone puts a microphone in front of them.

I haven't been a jackass as some have..not saying you were. it has been interesting to me, I have been keeping track of the commercials, and on the race thread posters aren't complaining like they were when they didn't have the stages, I know some hate that fact but it is a fact FWIW.
I went back to 2016 B.S. (before stages) complaints about commercials were less in the two races I checked, from 2 in 200 posts to 1 in 200, but many complaints about debris/cautions interruptions, could make an argument that commercials were involved as part of those FWIW. "While we were away". Ah so far less bitching with the new system, some are going to have to up their game.

So much for no more debris cautions.

NASCAR just so happened to find "debris" when the field got single file today.

The plate race exception. They are already a Barnum & Bailey production, why not? I suspect ol' Jacque might make a reappearance at Homestead as needed also.

As usual I was listening to the 9s in car on raceview. Just before the caution came out Eddie told Chase that there was large debris, I forget the location, to watch for it and there would have to be a caution. Facts are facts.

a spring rubber on the track is less dangerous then the field bunched up.
I was thinking more along the lines of creating a 4th quarter/stage. It seemed to come out right with about 60 laps to go or 55 after caution, same length as the first two stages.

Back
Top Bottom