Lapped traffic during the Truck race

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

30.114 by Sauter in final practice x 1.15 = 34.631

These are qualifying times:

Tommy Regan - 35.383
Scott Stenzel - 36.224
Norm Benning - 37.856

Unless something has changed, they shouldn't even taken the green flag. And factor in that those times get even worse as tires wear, etc. Jennifer Jo Cobb qualified at 33.818 and probably wasn't anywhere close to that minimum speed after a few laps into a run.
Totally ridiculous

Anyone remember when Jeff Gordon gave Mike Bliss a black eye after Bliss was laps down and accidentally wrecked him?

Lap traffic is apart of the sport. Nothing can or should be done about it.

For sure as there always have and always be lapped cars but the problem in question is when trucks and cars are moving at a snails pace compared to the rest of the field. It is dangerous and drivers should not be subjected to rolling chicanes. My opinion only.

For sure as there always have and always be lapped cars but the problem in question is when trucks and cars are moving at a snails pace compared to the rest of the field. It is dangerous and drivers should not be subjected to rolling chicanes. My opinion only.

NASCAR has a minimum speed before you are black flagged. I'm sure none of the cars in question were below it.

I think NASCAR ditched the enforcement of the rule to keep the fields at 32. But Senica, Benning, Harmon really could get out of the series for all I care.

Lapped cars were never an issue until the Truck Race on Friday, if it continues I say they need to do something about it.

Back
Top Bottom