Larson very bad accident he’s ok

I would think with 7 wins and a 4th so far, his team will figure out what is needed for the Chili Bowl. FYI he hasn't been racing scrub races and getting cheap wins. 3 in a row Bell has raced also in many of them and he isn't winning.
Pretty sure front runners have indoor only cars.

I would think with 7 wins and a 4th so far, his team will figure out what is needed for the Chili Bowl. FYI he hasn't been racing scrub races and getting cheap wins. 3 in a row Bell has raced also n many of them and he isn't winning.

I am still concerned about the two racing against midgets. Larson is short but I not sure if he actually qualifies as a midget.

Who says he is a free agent in the first place? He sure hasn't.
Unless I've missed something his contract with CGR is only thru 2020 and he's said where he ends up in the future depends on who let's him race what

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

IMO, The small cars are just as safe as the big cars, as long as common sense is applied. They still have helmets, HANS, SFI bar padding, 5/6/7 point harnesses, fire suits, and sheet metal on the outside of the lower cage. The only real difference is that there's no real 'outer structure' to absorb/compress on impact, and you're much more likely to bounce off your head a time or too. But really, as long as the cage is built to spec, it shouldn't collapse and the driver's head shouldn't be within 3" of it.

I wouldn't consider it any more dangerous than a cup car.

Unless I've missed something his contract with CGR is only thru 2020 and he's said where he ends up in the future depends on who let's him race what

The press is carping about Larson being a "free agent" year after next, yeah year after next. I guess some will take that as he's hurting his free agent status when he isn't one and it is something to talk about. So yeah some of us aren't believing he is a free agent because he isn't one and says he is perfectly happy racing for Chip.

Yeah, I think that is at least partial BS.....every zero they put on the backside of that offer is one less dirt race he is willing to run. He already compromises himself by being in Cup anyway. Same deal with Bell IMO. I don't think either one of them is willing to give up their mansions (Bell's on the way I'm sure) for their hobby.
Ol Kyle wiped himself out racing in a non cup race, and Stewart was injured in a sprint car. Both were given waivers to compete in cup and as we all know the jackass won that year. I really don't think you are one to talk about other drivers who race out of the cup series, but I know that is probably futile.

Kyle Larson will never leave NASCAR for WOO. He loves sprint cars, but you guys do realize he is making $10 Million a year right? I mean that’s some serious bank, and with free agency wouldn’t be shocked to see that hit $15 Million

Seems really high to me as well. He is on an older contract so he could
have a high number but I doubt it's more than 5 mil + perks.

Yeah, it's interesting to me that when a Cup driver smashes into a Safer-barrierless wall, and gets hurt, there is justifiable outrage about driver safety. However, when these guys go race at tracks like this, they are "real racers". Stupid. Larson has a wife and kids. No need to list the drivers who have died at unsafe tracks in the name of being "real racers". Clearly, I don't get it so I'm not a "real race fan" I guess. Whatevs.

What a weird take.

These prices really blow me away, I thought Nascar were trying to get salaries down. I doubt any of them will be hard done by if they don't get a new contract.
I would like to see how they file their taxes, not sure of the system in USA.

After winning a race and having numerous top 5's and being the 2nd best driver at HMS this year and performing right on the heels of Elliott plus making the chase 2 years in a row makes me think that number may rise in the future.

The Chevy's get a better car this year. I hope they used a different designer than the one that came up with a point on the hood.

Not sure how much stock I'd put in that article. Listed one salary as 25-40 million. Also says Denny and Kyle make the same amount, which I find hard to believe

Why’s that? Hamlin has some ridiculously good sponsors in Coca Cola, Jordan and of course Fedex. Hell Alex Bowman posted a pic today of him and his friends taking a private jet to a vacation today.

Because the sponsorships factor into salaries as they pay the racing teams and then the drivers get a cut, most of these guys are pulling $5-$15 Mil a year

Ol Kyle wiped himself out racing in a non cup race, and Stewart was injured in a sprint car. Both were given waivers to compete in cup and as we all know the jackass won that year. I really don't think you are one to talk about other drivers who race out of the cup series, but I know that is probably futile.

Yeah, dirt/sprint car is the same as Xfinity or Trucks. Yep.

That "jackass" is YOUR Champion. *Adjusts Champion hat, and tucks in Champion shirt* Merry Christmas to you, and Happy New Year!

Why else would he choose to spend 2 of the major holidays Thanksgiving / Christmas away from home at a race track doing what racers love to do...Race.

Jimmie Johnson is not a "racer"?

Jimmie Johnson is not a "racer"?
In case you haven't figured it out. Different drivers do different things. Some will race just about anything anytime anywhere and some of us really like that. We are not focused on just one driver that our world revolves around.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/highest-paid-racecar-drivers-2019-6

Hell I remember reading even Bowman makes like $6 Million. These dudes are banking

Sorry, how ****** up is a system which obsesses over reducing hotel and travel costs, and maintains salaries like this? I thought that the 10 million Kenseth was demanding was high, but this changes my mind. How the hell could JGR ever have paid him that when they had Jones waiting for a fraction of that? Just wow. Not everybody is hurting in this sport. The contracts over the next few years will shape the future of this sport IMO. How low can you go?

In case you haven't figured it out. Different drivers do different things. Some will race just about anything anytime anywhere and some of us really like that. We are not focused on just one driver that our world revolves around.

Quit the snarky crap man. Is Jimmie a racer? I think so....without showing up at dirt, etc. You like a driver who races anything, anywhere? That's a racer? You just described Kyle Busch. Thank you. Which side of your mouth will you speak out of next?

I think insightful. How am I wrong? I mean that honestly. Change my mind.

Actually I somewhat mis-read your post. I thought you were damning a racecar driver for driving a race car.

I see that you're actually just calling out the hypocracy of people for lambasting nascar for an occasional exposed area but are ok with drivers exposing themselves to flying into fenceposts and what not.

Folks also say the motorsports world is losing popularity due to how safe it is now. What can ya do?

Actually I somewhat mis-read your post. I thought you were damning a racecar driver for driving a race car.

I see that you're actually just calling out the hypocracy of people for lambasting nascar for an occasional exposed area but are ok with drivers exposing themselves to flying into fenceposts and what not.

Folks also say the motorsports world is losing popularity due to how safe it is now. What can ya do?

Those who like to see drivers hurt are idiots. When Senior died, I was approached by many, many non-NASCAR fans who were shook by it all. For me, it is ridiculous that drivers subject themselves to tracks with subpar safety features in the name of being "real racers". This is particularly on my mind because of Joey Chitwood's response to Kyle's accident that I heard on NASCAR Radio's "Decade in Review"....He was emphatic about covering every surface with Safer Barrier after that accident. The greatest racing facility in the world gets it, and the drivers and their families justifiably demand it. Then, I watch Larson and Bell tumble down the track.....in the name of being "real racers". SMDH. I want Clauson and Lefler back. Period.

Quit the snarky crap man. Is Jimmie a racer? I think so....without showing up at dirt, etc. You like a driver who races anything, anywhere? That's a racer? You just described Kyle Busch. Thank you. Which side of your mouth will you speak out of next?

I understand you don't have a problem. As long as you can include a jackass reference in every post your are fine. Never said 7 time wasn't a racer or in that matter joined your rant on what a "real" racer is. But like I said, some fans don't have a problem seeing around their driver's ass to see what other drivers are doing. Some of us appreciate drivers who race a lot and don't complain about long seasons. Doesn't mean we have a problem with those that don't

I understand you don't have a problem. As long as you can include a jackass reference in every post your are fine. Never said 7 time wasn't a racer or in that matter joined your rant on what a "real" racer is. But like I said, some fans don't have a problem seeing around their driver's ass to see what other drivers are doing. Some of us appreciate drivers who race a lot and don't complain about long seasons. Doesn't mean we have a problem with those that don't

Yeah, I think the post you responded to mentioned Jimmie--you mentioned Kyle, but whatevs. I appreciate the hell out of a driver--or anybody for that matter that doesn't bitch about the length of a season. You call my driver a jackass without acknowledging that this is the very definition of his passion for the sport. Reeks of bias just a touch, but again, I am certain most around here know what they are getting with your posts. I always hold out hope.

This was on Larson's twitter page pinned at the top :D
If you think Kyle Larson should limit his dirt racing, then you're not paying attention

Questioning whether Larson’s lack of dedication has been a deterrent in his stock car maturation is equally unfounded. After six full seasons in Cup, Larson has collected six wins. Jamie McMurray collected as many victories in 13 years with Ganassi. Juan Pablo Montoya scored two wins over seven seasons. Among current Cup drivers, Larson is tied with Chase Elliott for 71st on the all-time win list. Fourteen-year veteran Clint Bowyer is the next active driver ahead of him on the list with 10 wins. But ponder this: It took Martin Truex Jr. 11 seasons to reach six wins. Look at him now.

http://racinboysscoop.com/news/news.asp?NewsID=53532

Last edited:
This was on Larson's twitter page pinned at the top :D
If you think Kyle Larson should limit his dirt racing, then you're not paying attention

Questioning whether Larson’s lack of dedication has been a deterrent in his stock car maturation is equally unfounded. After six full seasons in Cup, Larson has collected six wins. Jamie McMurray collected as many victories in 13 years with Ganassi. Juan Pablo Montoya scored two wins over seven seasons. Among current Cup drivers, Larson is tied with Chase Elliott for 71st on the all-time win list. Fourteen-year veteran Clint Bowyer is the next active driver ahead of him on the list with 10 wins. But ponder this: It took Martin Truex Jr. 11 seasons to reach six wins. Look at him now.

Maturation will be arrested if he is hurt at a track with subpar safety features. He can do what he wants, but the contradiction between what drivers demand at Cup races, and what they get at places where "their hearts are" is sadly pathetic. Much of his appeal is because he chooses to race for trophies out of the limelight. Some of the criticism comes from the thumbing his nose at a genre he has not yet mastered and collecting a paycheck while many spend thousands of hard earned dollars so that they can watch him tolerate a sport he does not love. I would just once love to hear from a driver that quit everything so that he could live his passion in Cup.

Maturation will be arrested if he is hurt at a track with subpar safety features. He can do what he wants, but the contradiction between what drivers demand at Cup races, and what they get at places where "their hearts are" is sadly pathetic. Much of his appeal is because he chooses to race for trophies out of the limelight. Some of the criticism comes from the thumbing his nose at a genre he has not yet mastered and collecting a paycheck while many spend thousands of hard earned dollars so that they can watch him tolerate a sport he does not love. I would just once love to hear from a driver that quit everything so that he could live his passion in Cup.

Definition of a Real Racer, some will never get it.
“If it was work, I wouldn’t do it,” Larson said. “I tell people all the time, yeah, the money’s great, but if I wasn’t having fun, I wouldn’t be doing this. I would have gotten out of this a long time ago. I enjoy the travel. I enjoy the race cars. I enjoy the rules changes.

“I enjoy the competition—just the lifestyle. I enjoy everything about NASCAR. People probably think, because I go back and race dirt cars, that I do it because I don’t love NASCAR, and I need to get away and do something fun, but I have fun every single weekend.”

His cars are the best available. His personal safety equipment did its job.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but isn't the inequity of equipment one of the criticisms of Cup regulars participating in the lower series? Does this inequity extend into driver safety? I sure hope not.

Definition of a Real Racer, some will never get it.
“If it was work, I wouldn’t do it,” Larson said. “I tell people all the time, yeah, the money’s great, but if I wasn’t having fun, I wouldn’t be doing this. I would have gotten out of this a long time ago. I enjoy the travel. I enjoy the race cars. I enjoy the rules changes.

“I enjoy the competition—just the lifestyle. I enjoy everything about NASCAR. People probably think, because I go back and race dirt cars, that I do it because I don’t love NASCAR, and I need to get away and do something fun, but I have fun every single weekend.”

I think this shows his lack of maturity. Like he doesn't know where the criticism is coming from....

Give me a list of non-Real Racers.....

It's a romantic ideal.....like the only thing that separates the common dude from a "Real Racer" is talent. The desire is the same. Yeah, okay.

Back
Top Bottom