NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series
9 p.m. ETWorld of Westgate 200
FS1

MRN
SATURDAY, SEPT. 26
ARCA Menards Series West
10 a.m. ETQualifying (at Las Vegas Bullring)No TV
ARCA Menards Series West
3:05 p.m. ETGeneral Tire 150 (at Las Vegas Bullring)
NBC Sports Live
Xfinity Series
7:30 p.m. ETAlsco 300
NBCSN

NBC Sports Live

PRN
SUNDAY, SEPT. 27
NASCAR Cup Series
7 p.m. ETSouth Point 400
NBCSN

NBC Sports Live

PRN

:director: Go Chase Elliot / Alex Bowman. You are the only drivers left that can bring a 2020 championship to HMS. Keep the dream alive. :beerbang:

Reactions: Pat
I thought the start time was interesting. Not that I am complaining. Now I can attend my nieces Birthday on Saturday then get back in time on Sunday before the race starts.

I thought the start time was interesting. Not that I am complaining. Now I can attend my nieces Birthday on Saturday then get back in time on Sunday before the race starts.
Very weird that NBC wants to go up against themselves on Sunday night football...where we know what the clear winner will be.

Agreed, but it's hardly a night race. They might race in the dark for an hour or so. Sunset is 6:30 in Vegas.
Fair point, but I was showing my east coast bias by saying it will be dark (or almost dark) here.

I'm loving it on west coast. 6 hours of football games, then NASCAR race in primetime. All done around 7pm

West Coast football watching is like the best.

Coming up, morning, afternoon and evening football plus a Cup race completed (Weather permitting) before the SNF game crunch time.

Harvick running that good scheme in quest for 10th win of season.

I hope more grip means they'll have a softer tire.

Not if I'll watch, I already missed most of Darlington, Richmond and Bristol. These 1 am starts suck.

It looks to be a move in that direction Vegas, Texas and Kansas will get the new tire change

From Jayski:
The new D-4986 right-side tire to be run this week is designed to give the cars more grip on these three low-tire-wear tracks. The enhanced grip will be important to the drivers, but the other factor on these tracks is introducing enough tire wear. Wear is important to the performance of the tire because it allows it to shed rubber and manage temperatures.

"Key to making the optimum tire recommendation is the review of all the data that is generated, whether it be from practices throughout a weekend, testing, or as is the only opportunity right now, from the actual races," said Greg Stucker, Goodyear’s director of racing. "What we’ve seen and heard at several of the low-wear tracks, is the Cup cars could stand to have a little more grip, so we have made a step in that direction for Las Vegas, as well as Kansas and Texas. Vegas and Texas shared the same tire set-up at their earlier races, and we brought that same right-side to Kansas as well, so they have been basically aligned all season. They remain so with this new right-side as we enhance the grip level at all three."

You do realize the low downforce races have been terrible this year right with the exception of Martinsville & Bristol
That is subjective. The R-F race ratings among members here would support otherwise. Here is the bottom half of the ratings

13. Richmond (9/11): 7.64
14. Road America (8/8): 7.59
15. Fontana (2/29): 7.36
16. Kentucky (7/9): 7.28
17. Kansas (7/25): 7.25
18. Daytona (2/15): 7.19
19. Las Vegas (2/22-2/23): 7.00
20. Texas (7/18): 6.73
21. Atlanta (6/6): 6.70
22. Talladega (6/20): 6.64
23. Kentucky (7/10): 6.35
24. Dover (8/23): 6.00
25. Daytona (8/28): 4.50

That is subjective. The R-F race ratings among members here would support otherwise. Here is the bottom half of the ratings

Thanks for making my point as Dover was the lowest rated race other than Daytona.

Obviously the idea of it kinda stinks but what’re you gonna do? Engineering has gone so far that your top teams are destroying the field F1 style with low downforce and clean air.

Thanks for making my point as Dover was the lowest rated race other than Daytona.

Obviously the idea of it kinda stinks but what’re you gonna do? Engineering has gone so far that your top teams are destroying the field F1 style with low downforce and clean air.
eh the last Bristol, it was two cars the 4 and the 18 that saved that race from a mostly single file event. I have nothing against Bristol. I think it is a good compromise to have the high HP low d/f and the high d/f 550 hp setups. I don't think either setup works for all tracks and that it is pretty cool that the series is the only one I am aware of that races two completely different types of cars tailored for different track sizes.

*Picks 1 race*

Meanwhile half of the races at the bottom of the ratings are 550/big blade, and the other races near the bottom are road courses and plate tracks.

The 750/small blade isnt thrilling but it makes for a far superior product than the latter.

It can be argued and probably will that the larger high speed tracks have always had lower ratings as a rule no matter what package they have used at those tracks. I have been posting stats since the changes and although the stats don't tell it all, the complaints by the fan base about most of those tracks was about single file racing with no passing being the largest problem has been improved with the changes

It can be argued and probably will that the larger high speed tracks have always had lower ratings as a rule no matter what package they have used at those tracks. I have been posting stats since the changes and although the stats don't tell it all, the complaints by the fan base about most of those tracks was about single file racing with no passing being the largest problem has been improved with the changes

Agreed. In addition the ratings have improved substantially since shedding the 750 HP. I'd like someone to pull the data to verify but there were a ton below 6 before the 550 HP was instituted.

So we *finally* get a cup race at Road America, and I completely missed it. Damn! Was it 750 HP or 550 HP? High downforce or low? And who won the first cup race ever at that iconic roadracing circuit, prolly Harvick again...:mad:

BTW, I certainly agree that what makes a good race is subjective. The opinions of @Mispeedway15 on this are well known here, and I disagree completely with his opinions on this subject. But citing Xfinity data doesn't carry the argument, just sayin'...:dual9mm:

So we *finally* get a cup race at Road America, and I completely missed it. Damn! Was it 750 HP or 550 HP? High downforce or low? And who won the first cup race ever at that iconic roadracing circuit, prolly Harvick again...:mad:

BTW, I certainly agree that what makes a good race is subjective. The opinions of @Mispeedway15 on this are well known here, and I disagree completely with his opinions on this subject. But citing Xfinity data doesn't carry the argument, just sayin'...:dual9mm:
blade runner kinda peed in his cornflakes. The Xfinity cars are an example of high hp and less downforce and yep they don't do as well on the high speed tracks.

Cherry picking 1 race doesnt carry the argument, justing sayin’

Semantics people.

The data comes from the R-F ratings thread. Take it up with them.

blade runner kinda peed in his cornflakes. The Xfinity cars are an example of high hp and less downforce and yep they don't do as well on the high speed tracks.
The xfinity series has put on the best show out of all 3 major series all season long.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. How was that race rated by the RF crowd? It could be a datapoint for the low downforce / low HP package..;)

The data comes from the R-F ratings thread. Take it up with them.
So Chex, you get caught posting Xfinity ratings to support your opinion on Cup races... and this is the best defense you can make up? That's lame.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. How was that race rated by the RF crowd? It could be a datapoint for the low downforce / low HP package..;)

So Chex, you get caught posting Xfinity ratings to support your opinion on Cup races... and this is the best defense you can make up? That's lame.
Allegedly the race was run in the rain

11 cup races and 1 xfinity in the list from the ratings thread. Speaking of cherry picking.

Here is the updated list

14. Kansas (7/23): 7.85
15. Fontana (3/1): 7.67
16. Texas (7/19): 7.31
17. Homestead (6/14): 7.24
18. Indianapolis (7/5): 6.80
19. Kentucky (7/12): 6.71
20. Daytona (2/16-2/17): 6.63
21. Pocono (6/28): 6.56
22. Michigan (8/8): 6.54
23. Pocono (6/27): 6.52
24. Dover (8/23): 6.10
25. Richmond (9/12): 6.03
26. Atlanta (6/7): 5.84
27. Dover (8/22): 5.80
28. Charlotte (5/24): 5.62
29. Michigan (8/9): 5.52

12 out the lowest rated 16 races (bottom half of the list) are 550/big blade.

That package is absolute garbage and usually results in garbage racing.

Here is the bottom of larger Gluck's pole that is old enough (2016, 2017) to cover both packages. I don't know about blade runner, but what I said is that it is the high speed tracks as a rule get the lower numbers no matter what they run. And as you can see, that is pretty much the case. There is one short track in this survey

1600903129736.png

Back
Top Bottom