Las Vegas test 1/31-2/1

People at the track are saying that the Xfinity cars are noticeably faster than the Cup cars.

:rolleyes: Thanks NASCAR.

Alrighty then. For starters, let's start bolting Xfinity bodies onto the Cup Chassis and be done with the multi-fail OSS techno-crappola. Then move to an Xfinity based crate motor...

Did I just save a few million off the tab to run a legitimate Cup Team? "Legitimate" because the big boys will always have a bigger cheating budget...

We'll see how long that happens, I mean its just the eye test. I'm engineers will be going bonkers with the new information after today.

For sure, its not something they will instantly learn. It takes time like any other season, but it will be interesting to see who is the most ready out of the box at the intermediate tracks. Then, throughout the season we'll see how much more downforce teams will gain. Games of chess are being played as we speak.
I think if anything they'll want to be looking for ways to trim drag.

it is no longer as simple as trying to find as much drag as possible, now it is a trade off between downforce(drag) and lessening it to find more speed. Now ya goin to see cars getting harder to drive finally.

I haven't seen an Xfinity car on the track yet. Hard to tell, but I don't think I would miss the schnoz on the Yota

So far, I am not impressed. It's downright sad that Xfinity cars can blow the doors off of Cup cars, and that this package really takes driver ability out of the equation

I think reducing the need for driver ability was one of the goals of the 2019 rules.

Looks like the USAF is also doing some testing over the track. Cool stuff.

When I was there in the fall, the jets stole the show momentarily during the truck race. It was badass.

Lots of fear mongering going on on Social Media right now about the Cup side of this Las Vegas test. Doesnt look good as I didnt know before this rules package you could hold it to the floor the entire time at Las Vegas but I guess thats whats been happening during the test. I'm still going to hold out hope that this aero/rules package wont look like a NASCAR video game with all the driver assists turned on, automatic transmission and difficulty on easy. Atlanta cant come soon enough.

Lots of fear mongering going on on Social Media right now about the Cup side of this Las Vegas test. Doesnt look good as I didnt know before this rules package you could hold it to the floor the entire time at Las Vegas but I guess thats whats been happening during the test. I'm still going to hold out hope that this aero/rules package wont look like a NASCAR video game with all the driver assists turned on, automatic transmission and difficulty on easy. Atlanta cant come soon enough.
Dont let a bunch of knot heads on social media guide your opinion.

The fact that they are wide open makes it clear that the car does not require alot of effort or ability.

For the 15 thousandth ****** time, low speed passing does not suddenly make the racing better. To the actual fans of this sport(not the channel surfers), the issues will be obvious.

KDB makes it three wide thru the corner. ;)
istockphoto-639990382-1024x1024.jpg

The fact that they are wide open makes it clear that the car does not require alot of effort or ability.

For the 15 thousandth ****** time, low speed passing does not suddenly make the racing better. To the actual fans of this sport(not the channel surfers), the issues will be obvious.

Lets give it some time, I'm not giving with the new rules either. Give it a fair crack come Atlanta, Vegas, and Fontana. I'm more curious now then aggravated by the rules. I hope it works.

No pack, plenty of passing so far, plenty of speed, it's hilarious. KDB made it three wide in the corner and threaded the needle for the lead..and some... yawn..boring racing, too funny.

Ive been a fan and a participant for over 40 years, there is no issue. I guess the racing back in the day when they were running these speeds sucked right?

Back
Top Bottom