Legacy to Toyota

If all the cars use the same parts besides the engine, what is there to figure out

Suspension is the key. How low can you go to get more down force, spring rates, correct camber on all four wheels, air pressures, track bar adjustment, stagger etc. A lot.
But does that change with a manufacture swap?

IMO, the new car has taken away most of the aero advantages/disadvantages that plagued the older version of the car. It's absent since this car came out.

I'll give you credit Rev, your faith in all and anything TRD makes me wonder if my own faith in God is strong enough by comparison. 🙂 Back to the point, I understand growing pains, but one would think Toyota could get them enough data to at least be in the game a little more. And as far as setups, nearly all of that should be a carryover from last year, with some more data thrown in from Toyota to build on. I can understand them not really being a lot better than last year at this point, I'm just having a hard time understanding how they are WORSE. I don't expect instant miracles, but I don't think regular 10-20th place finishes is out of the question for a tier one team, first year of a new program or not. Hearing Jimmie talk about how hard this has all been is a good reminder of how easy people like Rick Hendrick, Joe Gibbs and Roger Penske make it look sometimes. Regardless how good you are or who is behind you, far more people fail in this business than succeed.
Look, Legacy is doing it their way, and it is biting them in the ass. The Camry is the best car on the grid. JGR and 23XI are have great years. Legacy wanted to do their own thing, and I wants to be the next JGR. They will be fine. TRD has given them everything that JGR gets. It's what the team does with it that makes NASCAR what it is. They don't have the people yet, but they are getting there. IMO there are elite engineers and executives in this business, and they are elite because there aren't a ton of them at a championship level. It will take time.

Look, Legacy is doing it their way, and it is biting them in the ass. The Camry is the best car on the grid. JGR and 23XI are have great years. Legacy wanted to do their own thing, and I wants to be the next JGR. They will be fine. TRD has given them everything that JGR gets. It's what the team does with it that makes NASCAR what it is. They don't have the people yet, but they are getting there. IMO there are elite engineers and executives in this business, and they are elite because there aren't a ton of them at a championship level. It will take time.
once upon a time.

Look, Legacy is doing it their way, and it is biting them in the ass.

Nah, they just realized what happens to literally every single JGR affiliated team that isn't owned by the greatest sports figure of all time, and they were smart enough to go their own way. Hopefully it'll pay off

Nah, they just realized what happens to literally every single JGR affiliated team that isn't owned by the greatest sports figure of all time, and they were smart enough to go their own way. Hopefully it'll pay off
Speaking of biting, Toyota put out the word to the Nascar teams that they were trying to increase their car numbers. (they were forced to because they were getting their asses beat on the Super Speedways). The only team that bit was Legacy. Toyota also said they cut out the middle man, JGR, and the three teams would go direct to their TRD division for support. How is that working for them? About the same as Levine Family Racing. Toyota probably gives them good cars and support for the Supers. It seems so...Nemechek and Jones 7th and 8th at Daytona. Nemechek led 20 laps at Dega....they don't finish like that on the ovals.

Speaking of biting, Toyota put out the word to the Nascar teams that they were trying to increase their car numbers. (they were forced to because they were getting their asses beat on the Super Speedways). The only team that bit was Legacy. Toyota also said they cut out the middle man, JGR, and the three teams would go direct to their TRD division for support. How is that working for them? About the same as Levine Family Racing. Toyota probably gives them good cars and support for the Supers. It seems so...Nemechek and Jones 7th and 8th at Daytona. Nemechek led 20 laps at Dega....they don't finish like that on the ovals.
You spend so much time posting this kind of crap. Your BS opinions as statements of fact. Let's give Legacy a little time. They will be okay.

Okay JGR is intimidated by MJ. Got it. You and @StandOnIt should merge your BS.

They aren't ok, they are losing their asses.
Will be. You should spend more time worrying about your new favorite driver. I'd have his ass in the sim given the way he can't seem to keep from spinning. Instead, a yacht in Italy.

What?

I'm saying JGR can't screw 23XI like they have screwed every other affiliate, and the guys at Legacy were smart enough to recognize that. Good for them. I hope it pays off
When you look at the other OEM's, nobody has had to cut their teams loose to work individually in order to circumvent the middlemen. That should tell ya something about ol' sold out Joe's business practices.

What?

I'm saying JGR can't screw 23XI like they have screwed every other affiliate, and the guys at Legacy were smart enough to recognize that. Good for them. I hope it pays off
A. They haven't screwed every other affiliate, and if they had, I doubt Coach would give two ****s about MJ. B. Legacy went their own way--which is harder--because that was their business model. They have sponsors to appease.....they knew what they were getting into, and supported it. @StandOnIt babbles about TRD cutting out JGR. He has no source. NONE. TRD had been looking to increase car counts for years--more in the Next Gen era for reason you probably already know. Was JGR happy about Legacy? Nope. TRD--which has been described as a JGR puppet by @StandOnIt--signed with Legacy anyway.

...and while we are on the topic of OEMs and their relationships with their teams.....Does anybody get more from an OEM that The Felon?

A. They haven't screwed every other affiliate, and if they had, I doubt Coach would give two ****s about MJ. B. Legacy went their own way--which is harder--because that was their business model. They have sponsors to appease.....they knew what they were getting into, and supported it. @StandOnIt babbles about TRD cutting out JGR. He has no source. NONE. TRD had been looking to increase car counts for years--more in the Next Gen era for reason you probably already know. Was JGR happy about Legacy? Nope. TRD--which has been described as a JGR puppet by @StandOnIt--signed with Legacy anyway.

...and while we are on the topic of OEMs and their relationships with their teams.....Does anybody get more from an OEM that The Felon?
That is because he does fair business and doesn't stab his affiliates in the back.

It wasn't because Sold out Joe jacked up the prices on everything, stole their sponsor AND their driver and crew chief.
Fantasy. The Felon has proven based on his legal issues that he will do whatever it takes to win. Somehow, he gets portrayed as a benevolent owner. He has a great PR team.....even gets credit for the Larson resurrection where other owners would have gotten roasted.

Fantasy. The Felon has proven based on his legal issues that he will do whatever it takes to win. Somehow, he gets portrayed as a benevolent owner. He has a great PR team.....even gets credit for the Larson resurrection where other owners would have gotten roasted.

Sorry but that narrative on Hendrick is complete BS. Ask anyone that works for him what kind of guy he is.

Sorry but that narrative on Hendrick is complete BS. Ask anyone that works for him what kind of guy he is.
Cool, I'll play.....Find me a negative comment on Coach....this board doesn't count.

How did Joe Gibbs get his start in NASCAR? Who helped him?
How did Barney Visser win a Championship? Who helped him? ...and why did Coach leave Chevy? Because there was a ceiling to his success imposed by The Felon....because Chevy kisses his ass. Sound familiar?

Find me a post where I ever said he was a bad person.
Fair. The point here is that both owners are competitors....and both do their fair share of competitor-like things to win. Anybody seen the Melon Man since The Felon intimidated the **** out of him and his owner?

Fair. The point here is that both owners are competitors....and both do their fair share of competitor-like things to win. Anybody seen the Melon Man since The Felon intimidated the **** out of him and his owner?

Anybody seen Barney Visser since the preacher forced him out of NASCAR and stole his championship winning driver?

Anybody seen Barney Visser since the preacher forced him out of NASCAR and stole his championship winning driver?
One of the excuses some of the yotaites made for Barney, Revman has used it a few times is that he quit because he had a heart attack or heart problems. The narrative was that Barney was a good ol boy, but the facts are that Barney Visser is quite the engineer. He continues making parts for the next gen. It wasn't an accident he beat sold out Joe.

Guess I found that post about you saying he was a bad person. That was easy.

One of the excuses some of the yotaites made for Barney, Revman has used it a few times is that he quit because he had a heart attack or heart problems. The narrative was that Barney was a good ol boy, but the facts are that Barney Visser is quite the engineer. He continues making parts for the next gen. It wasn't an accident he beat sold out Joe.
Sure is a lot of speaking for Barney particularly when he has already spoken for himself.

Guess I found that post about you saying he was a bad person. That was easy.

I don't see that making him a bad person, makes him want to win and he had lost the last championship to Visser so why not get rid of him if you can. Only increases Gibbs chance of winning. There is no sportsmanship award in cup series.

Sure is a lot of speaking for Barney particularly when he has already spoken for himself.
His speaking as you say was winning the Championship despite Gibbs sabotaging his pit crew as punishment for not letting his driver lead the race at Indy and pricing him out of the business after he won the championship, stealing his driver, sponsor AND his crew chief. Now tell me once again how Rick Hendrick is such a horrible person?

His speaking as you say was winning the Championship despite Gibbs sabotaging his pit crew as punishment for not letting his driver lead the race at Indy and pricing him out of the business after he won the championship, stealing his driver, sponsor AND his crew chief. Now tell me once again how Rick Hendrick is such a horrible person?
Well, there is this....

That's probably the Furniture Row culture, right? Cover up the truth in the name of class?
MTJ could have signed anywhere.
Bass Pro could have gone anywhere.
Cole Pearn could have gone anywhere, and then did.
Unless you make something up, Coach has never been indicted nor had to receive a pardon that I am aware of.

You go kid.

Well, there is this....

That's probably the Furniture Row culture, right? Cover up the truth in the name of class?
MTJ could have signed anywhere.
Bass Pro could have gone anywhere.
Cole Pearn could have gone anywhere, and then did.
Unless you make something up, Coach has never been indicted nor had to receive a pardon that I am aware of.

You go kid.

Well duh, we all knew Truex didn't let Kyle Lead, playing stupid about what happened afterwards lol priceless.

Back
Top Bottom