Levine Motorsports shut shop after 2020

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
C8153658-9856-47B6-BBDC-AEA238FF340F.png

This blows. His team was one I have always wanted to see win and we’re always somewhat competitive before the JGR affiliation especially when McDowell was driving. I’m amusing the prices Joe is charging them are too high to overcome during this pandemic.

will make the silly season more complicated

You mean Preacher Joe's prayers and promises of family couldnt save another? Comeon down to HMS and the 48/5 Christopher Bell

LOL. It's become very clear this year on Twitter why he got out.
It's been hard on everyone this year. Bob was still the main sponsor for his team and his company has been hemorrhaging money because of the pandemic. Just a shame, I really like Bob's honesty on the business side of things.

It's been hard on everyone this year. Bob was still the main sponsor for his team and his company has been hemorrhaging money because of the pandemic. Just a shame, I really like Bob's honesty on the business side of things.
Oh no I was referring to Cole

The title of the thread is incorrect. He's not shutting the shop, he's selling the team.

Huh, I wonder if this impacts Erik Jones in any way. I see some of you posters pointing out that the team isn't shutting down, just that it's been sold. Will they be fielding a car next year? I may be very well wrong, but it seems like Bell to JGR could be happening as soon as next year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Huh, I wonder if this impacts Erik Jones in any way. I see some of you posters pointing out that the team isn't shutting down, just that it's been sold. Will they be fielding a car next year? I may be very well wrong, but it seems like Bell to JGR could be happening as soon as next year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
could be wrong...give me a break

Does anyone know for sure what Bell's contract for Cup racing was?
If someone bought out the Levine family racing and All they own (which wasn't the cars)
does Bell go with the sale????

Does anyone know for sure what Bell's contract for Cup racing was?
If someone bought out the Levine family racing and All they own (which wasn't the cars)
does Bell go with the sale????

Bell was a-loan-a driver under contract with TRD, part of the dew we cheat em and how rent a franchise agreement.

Adam Stern has reported directly that Bell is in the initial year of a multi-year deal. There is no way with the amount they have invested in him, that TRD doesn't have him under control for several years.

From Jayski
Speaking to reporters Friday afternoon at Chicagoland Speedway, Christopher Bell said he has extended his contract with Joe Gibbs Racing for an additional year, through 2020. However, he does not know if he will be racing in XFINITY or Cup. :idunno:

From Jayski
Speaking to reporters Friday afternoon at Chicagoland Speedway, Christopher Bell said he has extended his contract with Joe Gibbs Racing for an additional year, through 2020. However, he does not know if he will be racing in XFINITY or Cup. :idunno:

I'm relying on this portion of what I linked to:

"Bell, a rookie for Leavine Family Racing, is in the first year of a multiyear contract."

If it is inaccurate, I suppose talks around Bell will heat up very soon.

I'll go with what Christopher Bell says about himself.

I know what you mean. There were many reports in 2019 that it was a one-year extension. It's confusing. However, it's August, and there is zero media speculation about Bell landing with other manufacturers, in contrast to Jones, who we know for certain is on a one-year deal.

I know what you mean. There were many reports in 2019 that it was a one-year extension. It's confusing. However, it's August, and there is zero media speculation about Bell landing with other manufacturers, in contrast to Jones, who we know for certain is on a one-year deal.
yeah I hear that. But on the other hand I haven't heard that Bell had a multi year contract after he said he only had a year one. It's a bit mixed message at this point to me. I just took a flyer and think that since Toyota has been trying to do everything on the cheap, it is feasible that they could have given Bell a one year contract. At the rate he is going this year, Bell doesn't have much to bargain with performance wise.

I got an answer from Pockrass, here's what he says. Kinda what I figured. This would make sense why he had a "one year deal" with JGR that got farmed out to Leavine, but is in fact hardly a true free agent and is still bound to TRD.

I got an answer from Pockrass, here's what he says. Kinda what I figured. This would make sense why he had a "one year deal" with JGR that got farmed out to Leavine, but is in fact hardly a true free agent and is still bound to TRD.

Gaunt Brothers? That is about all who is left :biggrin:

If it's not the usual suspects buying...then who?

New to the sport? (Money Mayfield)

Returning to the sport? (Hello Ray Evernham)

Larson and some backers?!?! (Wha wha whaaaaat?)

If it's not the usual suspects buying...then who?

New to the sport? (Money Mayfield)

Returning to the sport? (Hello Ray Evernham)

Larson and some backers?!?! (Wha wha whaaaaat?)

That's some fun fan fiction, but all rumors and reports are that it's Spire. Which would be no one's preference.

Back
Top Bottom