Martin Truex Jr - 2017 NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Series Champion!

Not a single thing on the local news about the race.
So glad it wasn’t Brad.
I was surprised that, in the Pittsburgh PA market, it was actually mentioned on the local news. Not just mentioned, but at least a full minute devoted to both Truex Jr's championship and Dale Jr's retirement. A minute may not sound like much but this area is far from being a NASCAR hotbed. Normally, the only time NASCAR is mentioned is if Chip Ganssi has some measure of success since he lives local.

23622013_1613935578673598_4772802835586650993_n.jpg

^^^ Clearly this was before Barney decided not to run all the contingency stickers. I would love to figure out how much $$ Barney would have won this season had he participated in all the programs. One billion? Two billion?

Did anyone see KDB stop by . Noticed FRR guys drinking Miller Lite , Bet Kez had something to do with that

The only 3 I see are Jimmie with his 6 plus Brad and Kurt with 1 each.........:)
As far as I'm concerned, the Cup championship is no longer an elite title. This playoff format is a joke.
I'm sure that keeps Truex, Harvick, and KyBu awake at night. They probably keep their championship trophies in a self-storage unit, and are still too ashamed to have cashed the winners' checks.

What in the heck is up with this. I love this guy

Laughable. What makes this even better is I've heard callers on Sirius that live in Denver suggest that the city is so behind the team and excited that they're there. Yeah ok.

It's probably best they don't throw one to be honest, it would be quite depressing seeing one of those CWTS sized qualifying crowds lining the sidewalks.

What in the heck is up with this. I love this guy

Do Charlotte or Concord or other cities where race teams are housed normally host parades for cup winners?
Laughable. What makes this even better is I've heard callers on Sirius that live in Denver suggest that the city is so behind the team and excited that they're there. Yeah ok.
It's probably best they don't throw one to be honest, it would be quite depressing seeing one of those CWTS sized qualifying crowds lining the sidewalks.
You hit the nail on the head as bad PR happens for Nascar organically but to hold a parade and have no one show up would be unfair to the 78 team and make Nascar look like a bunch of bumbling amateurs.

Has a driver ever had a parade, outside of maybe Richard Petty or Dale Earnhardt? I can't recall one for anyone that won a championship. IT's good to see the mayor out there though, supporting the team.

NASCAR (and Joe) needs to sit down with TJr and explain to him that they not only allow contact, it is expected.

F1 DRS and Indy PTP are baked into the racing in those series.

NASCAR push-to-pass is primarily the bumper, but also other body components that provides the NASCAR Driver with options for dealing with fellow competitors during the race (sometimes after). At Atlanta, Keselowski got to Logano and bumped him without hesitation and drove off to victory -- it wasn't messy or a prolonged duel like the awesome finish at Watkins Glen with Ambrose -- but that is what is expected and he got it done.

Drivers self-declaring their preferred use (or lack of) of the bumper is meaningless as "Little Sweet" Dillon made the statement at the 2018 Daytona 500 that the drivers will sort it out on the track how to deal with blocking, and NASCAR agreed -- although NASCAR set limits in the case of Kenseth who wasn't racing for the lead, but driving junk back on the track for his revenge wreck of Joey.

Truex already demonstrated he knows what to do when he turned Jimmie after the ROVAL. It really comes down to timing -- he needs to do it DURING the race, not afterwards.

:)

Last edited:
Truex, all whining aside was by far the best Gibbs car at Atlanta. On the other hand KDB's Adam get out of my box Stephens doesn't look like he and Pearn are working together very well at Gibbs judging by how their car handled. Fancy that.

Truex, all whining aside was by far the best Gibbs car at Atlanta. On the other hand KDB's Adam get out of my box Stephens doesn't look like he and Pearn are working together very well at Gibbs judging by how their car handled. Fancy that.
If Kyle didn’t blow tire he might have won race

:D:D

Ricky Stenhouse Jr. responds to Martin Truex Jr.’s criticism from Atlanta
“The way I see it, if Truex is fast enough and that much faster than me, then he could have caught us. If he would have caught us and got to within five car lengths, I would have let him go. He didn’t have any problem getting within five car lengths of (Keselowski).
“He talks about dirty air and things like that. I don’t know if he thinks that lapped cars have dirtier air coming off the car. Kind of confused me. Brad Keselowski, he restarted behind me, actually nose to tail with Truex and he passed us on the outside.

“Generally, when I have a faster car, I just drive around the lapped cars that I’m lapping.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/0...-to-martin-truex-jr-s-criticism-from-atlanta/

Back
Top Bottom