Martin Truex Jr. appreciation thread.

The only time I remember Tony is when he ran the kid below the yellow line.
I would have liked to see him try that again against the same driver. He may have learned what Carl learned.

The only time I remember Tony is when he ran the kid below the yellow line.
I would have liked to see him try that again against the same driver. He may have learned what Carl learned.

I think Tony learned his lesson when he decided to dump Kyle in front of the field at the Firecracker/Coke Zero 400 in 2009.

Watched the Dale Jr download with Truex. It was pretty cool. Hard to not like Truex as a person tbh.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think the prospect of Martin without Cole is fascinating. If Martin continues his trajectory, it will be telling. I hope he doesn't miss a beat, and shuts up the Doubters.
Rev, you know they took in Truex and Pearn just so they could finish the destruction of the 78 team. With Pearn gone they will now give non-winning cars to Martin so he can't challenge the big M&M's sponsored team.
He will be moved out to make room for Bell in the 20121 new car.

Rev, you know they took in Truex and Pearn just so they could finish the destruction of the 78 team. With Pearn gone they will now give non-winning cars to Martin so he can't challenge the big M&M's sponsored team.
He will be moved out to make room for Bell in the 20121 new car.

Is this that trolling thing I am always accused of?

I think the prospect of Martin without Cole is fascinating. If Martin continues his trajectory, it will be telling. I hope he doesn't miss a beat, and shuts up the Doubters.
Not me! As we have discussed in our driving style dm, I do think Truex is still a 2nd tier star driver and is closer to the Hamlin than he is to KB, Harv.

Not me! As we have discussed in our driving style dm, I do think Truex is still a 2nd tier star driver and is closer to the Hamlin than he is to KB, Harv.

I hear you, but I can still hope!!!!!!! :D

That was an awesome DM. Thanks again for the time!

I appreciate this guy. I think the Championship goes through him.

It's gonna come down to Larson, Truex and Byron. 3 fastest cars all season by most available data, and autoracing analytics.

And Hamlin .

It's gonna come down to Larson, Truex and Byron. 3 fastest cars all season by most available data, and autoracing analytics.

And Hamlin .

We had some yammering about 4 Felon cars earlier this season....but that was before they became legal--maybe. I don't fear Byron or Larson. Truex is driving with an edge--something to prove. His walk off comment has me intrigued. MTJ is driving free.

We had some yammering about 4 Felon cars earlier this season....but that was before they became legal--maybe. I don't fear Byron or Larson. Truex is driving with an edge--something to prove. His walk off comment has me intrigued. MTJ is driving free.
I would. Autoracinganalytics has the three remarkably close in speed. For a one off, I wouldn't call anyone the favorite yet.

I would. Autoracinganalytics has the three remarkably close in speed. For a one off, I wouldn't call anyone the favorite yet.

Come on, you know how that dude rolls...If a Toyota wins its because they are the greatest ever and if they don't win its because everyone is a Felon/cheats...in his mind he can't lose.

Come on, you know how that dude rolls...If a Toyota wins its because they are the greatest ever and if they don't win its because everyone is a Felon/cheats...in his mind he can't lose.
Remarkable insight. With all due respect @jaqua19 and I are good….Your assistance while misguided is appreciated nonetheless.

I know how Rev rolls, and he's also, in my opinion, far more objective than he acts here. There are times when he's put his bias aside, but that isn't nearly as fun for him I guess.

@Revman calls Mr H "Felon"... How serious can one be? XD

Hell of a run today for MTJ. **** car at the flag. Got it better. James' strategy....P7. This is what champions do. LFG.

MTJ with his back against the wall. It doesn't matter how good the car is Saturday.....he has to drive it like a badass. Not loving this type of situation for any of MY drivers, but probably most for Martin. He is a driver who drives a great car incredible well, but also not a guy to rough somebody up to get the job done. No promise that he will not be faced with the prospect of getting physical.....and he will never go that route IMO.

Yota's cars and others to a lessor extent were spending millions on engineering trying to have more downforce than the other and the Toyota's were winning the battle
Missed the Toyota outspends everybody narrative. I feel so sorry for those cash strapped Chevys and Fords. What did they ever do with the bail out money?

I think tonight is a really interesting night for Martin. Back to the wall. I think Martin drives a great car as fast as anybody. However, I don't think he carries a car necessarily. Great to see that practice and qualifying went well. I think the car is there. He isn't great at this place. If Martin advances, it would a big win. While I always want US to win....this is the big deal for me tonight. BTW....I think Martin is pretty good at Texas. He advances.....and wins next week.....game on.

I think tonight is a really interesting night for Martin. Back to the wall. I think Martin drives a great car as fast as anybody. However, I don't think he carries a car necessarily. Great to see that practice and qualifying went well. I think the car is there. He isn't great at this place. If Martin advances, it would a big win. While I always want US to win....this is the big deal for me tonight. BTW....I think Martin is pretty good at Texas. He advances.....and wins next week.....game on

You’re right. When you put it that way or must be that the car Carries him, huh?

I think tonight is a really interesting night for Martin. Back to the wall. I think Martin drives a great car as fast as anybody. However, I don't think he carries a car necessarily. Great to see that practice and qualifying went well. I think the car is there. He isn't great at this place. If Martin advances, it would a big win. While I always want US to win....this is the big deal for me tonight. BTW....I think Martin is pretty good at Texas. He advances.....and wins next week.....game on.
Truex Jr is pretty good at Texas? Last 4 races his average finish is 22 and it's one of his worst tracks....Clown boy is so delusional.

Did what he had to do....but got lucky because Joey and Harv were terrible. WE will take it. Now, let's dominate Texas.

I bear Martin no ill will, but I truly don't want to see him hoist a trophy while the Gerbils scream about how he was a handful of positions away from elimination at Bristol.

I don't think Truex is as good as his regular season title shows us this year. He's been closer to Byron than to 11/5 this season.

Truex had a Tony Stewart - like summer, while the other top drivers were hit or miss, giving him the points lead. Now that we're in the playoffs, we've seen the 11/5 sort assert themselves. 17 has been more consistently fast as well.

I won't be surprised if Truex doesn't make the finale.

Back
Top Bottom