Martin Truex Jr fans, whas is it about him that you like?

furredracer88

Team Owner
Just a thought but also because there seem be a lot of people that don't like him(I am not one of them, I actually root for him)

:( Sad face MTJ. Oh wait, is this just a MTJ happy face thread?

I never cared one way or another. But his stunt a few years ago where he was drunk and caught pissing in public by a cop didn’t do much for my attitude about him. Cop asked him if he wanted a fine so he rolled out a $100 bill like a smart ass. Cop should have written his ass up right there. But he seems pretty level headed on the track. Usually.

He whines too much. He's been an entitled crybaby since the moment he and Pearn started winning. Complains constantly about lapped traffic. How dare they occupy the same track as King Truex! The gall of those other drivers!

That pathetic stunt he pulled on Stenhouse during qualifying a few years back at Sonoma pretty much sums it up.

:( Sad face MTJ. Oh wait, is this just a MTJ happy face thread?

Just a happy face thread. Boooo! :p

I never cared one way or another. But his stunt a few years ago where he was drunk and caught pissing in public by a cop didn’t do much for my attitude about him. Cop asked him if he wanted a fine so he rolled out a $100 bill like a smart ass. Cop should have written his ass up right there. But he seems pretty level headed on the track. Usually.
We have all had that one moment while drunk... XD

I liked MTJ well before he finally went on a tear. It was painful watching him go through those dry years, before cropping up that momentous win at Sonoma. The tenure at FRR was one straight out of dreams. He seems pretty humble and kind of reserved, and from what I understand, he's got a real nice guy persona. Not only that, but him and his girlfriend (almost typed out wife) have overcome some major hurdles together, which makes the success of recent years be all that much more rewarding. I love it. They are bonafide role models.

While I personally am not much of a fan of Truex, I think it's kinda poor form to post why you don't like him in a thread specifically created for his fans...
What's crazy to me is if you, me, or anyone else had posted this thread before he joined the Toyota conglomerate and became one of the faces of NASCAR, I think the thread would have been almost unanimously positive. I don't remember anyone saying anything bad about him back then. Oh well, to each their own.

What's crazy to me is if you, me, or anyone else had posted this thread before he joined the Toyota conglomerate and became one of the faces of NASCAR, I think the thread would have been almost unanimously positive. I don't remember anyone saying anything bad about him back then. Oh well, to each their own.

Eh. As a kid I really didn't think much of him at all, tbh.

Don't think there's anything not to like about the guy.

I just loath his success and think he benefits more than anyone else.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ironically in the Busch series I couldn’t stand the guy because he won all the time and beat my favorites (Biffle and Kyle Busch) a lot in the series. Then I started liking him in cup because I felt he overperformed in average equipment and felt bad because of how many times he had races in the bag and lost due to late yellows or bad pit stops. When furniture row made the switch to Toyota he instantly became one of my favorites

You'd expect the guy who struggled for nearly 10 years in sub-par equipment and coming from Furniture Row and building it to the organization it became to be a bit more humble...he's not...to put it nicely.

Went to Kentucky last year with a friend who is a Truex fan
We went to a scheduled interview with Truex
Truex showed up about 10 minutes early and interviewer was 5 minutes late
So for 15 minutes Truex sat in his golf cart facing away from his fans talking to his handler
The microphone and amp were ready to use
the one step platform for them was under a 10x20 pop up tent
So not an elaborate setup

my friend said what's he doing just ignoring us
interview still ended on time

we were not impressed

I do not get the hate. I have seen bigger melts downs, pouting, and obnoxious behavior from other drivers.
All of this in spite of the demise of three former teams(DEI, MWR, FRR).

Nobody has won more races since Truax resumed driving TRD cars(minus the MWR issues) in 2016.
Truax 23 wins
Kyle Busch 22
Harvick 18
Keselowski 13
Hamlin 12
Logano 9

Based on those last 4 seasons an honest objective opinion has to accept that he is currently at least one of the elite or top 3 drivers.

There will always be the naysayers that are impervious to the actual records. I would say among the fans including us here at RF, that Truax is currently the most underrated driver in the Cup series.

I do not get the hate. I have seen bigger melts downs, pouting, and obnoxious behavior from other drivers.
All of this in spite of the demise of three former teams(DEI, MWR, FRR).

Nobody has won more races since Truax resumed driving TRD cars(minus the MWR issues) in 2016.
Truax 23 wins
Kyle Busch 22
Harvick 18
Keselowski 13
Hamlin 12
Logano 9

Based on those last 4 seasons an honest objective opinion has to accept that he is currently at least one of the elite or top 3 drivers.

There will always be the naysayers that are impervious to the actual records. I would say among the fans including us here at RF, that Truax is currently the most underrated driver in the Cup series.

He really has outrun Kyle? Holy ****.

I like him, not a huge fan or anything but I like him. I think he is underrated by most. I don't know what the rest of the year holds, and I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but he was by far the fastest yota last week and no pearn in sight.
I don't envy these guys being put under a microscope all the time. It's not that easy for everyone to act the way you think they should around groups of people. As someone who who resides on the more introverted side of the scale , I completely understand discomfort around groups of strangers and I'm sure I've been accused of being stuck up or arrogant at times as well when in reality I was just very uncomfortable.

I like him, not a huge fan or anything but I like him. I think he is underrated by most. I don't know what the rest of the year holds, and I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but he was by far the fastest yota last week and no pearn in sight.
I don't envy these guys being put under a microscope all the time. It's not that easy for everyone to act the way you think they should around groups of people. As someone who who resides on the more introverted side of the scale , I completely understand discomfort around groups of strangers and I'm sure I've been accused of being stuck up or arrogant at times as well when in reality I was just very uncomfortable.

I think the same applies to Johnson. They do their job and make their sponsor obligations as they quietly whoop ass on the track.

I have always liked MJT and never could understand how so many were blind to his driving ability.

For whatever reason dood just doesn’t resonate with me enough to root for him.

But dood can drive.

NASCAR is polarizing because of the full contact, taunting, over-celebrating, in your face "quivering lip" (yes even Jimmie) smack talking, lack of regard for the feelings of others.

It's my God Given Right to have an opinion and not like certain drivers -- that doesn't make me the bad guy. :D

I like MTJ -- but I also love to not like him when he's got a sad pouty face and starts putting down others who are racing him hard.

This is like saying Harvick has been underrated since 2014. Unfounded.

I'm not quite following you? I think Harvick was severely underrated during his RCR years, most people are willing to give him credit as an elite talent now. Martin has had Harvick like performance in recent years but is still judged by many on his poorer years in lesser equipment.

I'm not quite following you? I think Harvick was severely underrated during his RCR years, most people are willing to give him credit as an elite talent now. Martin has had Harvick like performance in recent years but is still judged by many on his poorer years in lesser equipment.
MTJ has not been underrated for what, 4 years now? He’s been in much better equipment with a more intelligent team and has benefitted. His teams have been championship material for 3 years in a row.

Speaking as a Harvick fan myself, I didn't consider him elite until SHR. He was good, but not great (with the exception of '10).

Not a fan.. but I do respect his rise in the cup series from MWR to FRR and JGR.. I never expected him to be this competitive.. and while I don't really like him at all I can respect his achievements.

His most impressive moment to me was when he led all those laps in the 600 a few years ago and set the record for longest distance led in a single race.

Speaking as a Harvick fan myself, I didn't consider him elite until SHR. He was good, but not great (with the exception of '10).
He was elite long before shr. He carried rcr for many years. I don't think anyone realized just how good he was till he stepped into the 4.

Anyone who listened to him on his radio today would think his car goes faster with the increase of complaints against his team mates. He will soon learn that the 11 and 18 are not his friends.

Because before Cole Pearn and the 78 Truex had 2 wins. Harvick had 20+ before 2014.

Truex should have top 2 finishes back to back weeks if not for pit road issues. I thought he was only good because of Cole Pearn?

Never really liked him. He's such a whiney little *****.

Maybe it's because they didn't pay as much attention to him before, but ever since he started winning, he seems to act entitled. I'm a little tired of hearing him complain about hard hard EVERY OTHER DRIVER races him.

Truex should have top 2 finishes back to back weeks if not for pit road issues. I thought he was only good because of Cole Pearn?
"Should have", there in is the difference between this year and Pearn years.
The should haves were wins or second place. Mind you he still whined a lot even then.

People really trying to pretend all these drivers don’t whine lol

Back
Top Bottom