Martinsville II weekend "Bonehead" and "Move of the race" combo thread. Post your thoughts on either or both.

Two great winning moves. Sometimes wreckin’s racin’.

No boneheads stand out. Pretty clean weekend with some racin’ deals.

Ross Chastain for move of the millennium. In my 55 years of being a fan of nascar I have never seen a move like that.

NBC. The gerbils suck and the driver ticker is a piece of s*it. They win Bonehead of the year and Fox gets a dishonorable mention.

Chastain move was childish, any driver could have 'schemed the system' kinda like he did at indy road course, member that ?

Larson was right, this just makes the sport look bad, reckless and childish. Denny beat him racing fair and square, but chastain was too childish to accept that. this whole thing sends a message that you can scam, scheme regardless of the outcome, its not racing anymore in Nascar, its win in any means necessary. Its a sad day for the sport (Ty gibbs dumps leader, chastain rides the wall !?) sad day for racing

Ty Gibbs for the move and his behavior afterwards.

Count me in the group that "didn't like" Chastain's move in the spirit of fair competition, but holy crap was it a spectacle and amazing to watch. It's probably the last time you'll see something like that, as I'm sure NASCAR will have a new rule in place by Wednesday. Just have to work out the wording. As for copycats, I don't think we'll see it. It just worked perfectly, and every bounce off the wall kept him going straight instead of nosing in and possibly flipping. One in a literal million and it worked.

I do not think Chastain's move was dirty and I would bothered a lot more by a bump and run. Chastain is a race car driver and found a way to do the almost impossibile.I am not worried about him bumping Brad either and Chastain doesnt owe him any apologies for the non-consequential hit.

I think the unconventional move just shocked some people and they have not come to terms with it, especially if they do not care for the beneficiary.
It was an almost impossible maneuver and I doubt that he could replicate the move. I am thinking if the right front tire had ever caught the wall at the wrong position at anytime it would ripped the front suspension apart bringing the car to a grinding stop I can't believe that didnt happen.
So I dont think it is repeatable. Some will try it without sucess and then it will be back to buisness as usual.

Some WTF envy is understandable and wouldnt blame Hamlin for having some of those feelings if that is the case. Hamlin did everything right only to be beat at the last moment by some comically insane once in a lifetime move. I could also see how it would bother those who are not Chastain fans or the people who did not want him to advance due to some past offenses. But aside from shaking their heads in disbelief I dont think Chastain did anything wrong in this case.

I also think the only thing Nascar should do is to celebrate the once in a lifetime moment. It would be almost impossible to police that kind of move even if they wanted without becoming heavy handed like F1.

Chastain move was childish, any driver could have 'schemed the system' kinda like he did at indy road course, member that ?

Larson was right, this just makes the sport look bad, reckless and childish. Denny beat him racing fair and square, but chastain was too childish to accept that. this whole thing sends a message that you can scam, scheme regardless of the outcome, its not racing anymore in Nascar, its win in any means necessary. Its a sad day for the sport (Ty gibbs dumps leader, chastain rides the wall !?) sad day for racing
Dude seriously, stop, you're wrong, Larson is wrong and he's just jealous he never thought of it, now that being said is this a move we want to see every race now? Maybe not but please stop with he hyperbole and appreciate what we witnessed, it was epic and awesome in everyway.

Ty Gibbs, well for doing more Ty Gibbs stuff

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

So the days of out and out cheating to an extent unimaginable by today’s standards weren’t “win in any means necessary”?

You joined the forum literally about five minutes after the incident. I can’t tell if you’re a serious person that came here to rant about this or someone created an “old man yells at cloud” character.

So the days of out and out cheating to an extent unimaginable by today’s standards weren’t “win in any means necessary”?

You joined the forum literally about five minutes after the incident. I can’t tell if you’re a serious person that came here to rant about this or someone created an “old man yells at cloud” character.
Speaking as a long-time cloud-yelling old man, he's not a member of our fraternity. I couldn't get my panties that far up my @$$ if the tapeworms were pulling.

It's so obviously Ty & Ross. I don't know how this is even a discussion. It's rare to have an absolutely clear cut "bonehead of the year" and "race move of the year" in any season, let alone both in the same weekend at the same track. I would consider what Ty did to be the biggest bonehead move since Clint had an itch to scratch. And I don't even have a comp for Ross. That's how sick it was.

I thought Hamlin's crew would have gotten some bonehead votes. He had the car to beat and they choked.

I liked Newman’s 8 tires better than 4 moment better than Ross but it was a pretty cool do what you gotta do move

Move of the race was Elliott letting Chastain go instead of getting dumped out of the playoffs entirely lol
Chastain is in everyone's head.

Dude is gonna win the whole thing, isn't he

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ross for the move of the race.

Then Ty Gibbs for wrecking his teammate and then comparing himself to Jesus after.

Chastain is in everyone's head.

Dude is gonna win the whole thing, isn't he

Chase was slamming fenders and doors with him for 2 laps before Alan told him to just let him go lol. I was watching with one eye closed. I think in his mind he needed to stay ahead of Ross cause of the points but he was plenty good at the time.

Back
Top Bottom