Martinsville RACE thread --- under the lights!

Congrats to Truex. He took what was for the first 2/3 a 10 out of 10 race and stunk it up at the end.

Dive, I've had too many beers, you'll have to elaborate. LOL.

I probably understand about 75% of your posts. When I catch the reference, I typically laugh. The others, I just scratch my head :XXROFL:
Crew chief.....they explained at the end of the race.

Must be a prerequisite for the CC of the #19 team to wear a short sleeve shirt instead of a fire suit.

Thought that carry-over was weird too but not as weird as JGR to adopt it from Furniture Row to begin with.

Congrats to the 19. Earned that one with the cool right front ;)

Great run for Blaney. He's due for a win. 48 should have finished better than 10th. Cliff adjusted the car out of contention badly.

Penske was fire tonight overall.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Close to Gordon's 97-98 but noooooot quite.
Not even close. Gordon and Johnson have had vastly superior 5 year stretches. But he's been strong.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That chunk cut out on the right front made a huge difference for Truex.

Still he dominated, but more air to keep that right front cool. After they did that, the car made a complete 180.

Still Truex is really good at Martinsville.

That chunk cut out on the right front made a huge difference for Truex.

Still he dominated, but more air to keep that right front cool. After they did that, the car made a complete 180.

Still Truex is really good at Martinsville.
Body mods like that are suspect.

If I’m a CC, next race on the first stop I’m cutting holes in both fenders, beating the right side of the car in to push the spoiler out and cutting the trunk out all in the name of “damage”.

So does john hunter and McDowell but no one cares cuz well you know
tumblr_p2gv90ZY0J1uy1fo7o1_500.gifv

Yeah you ain't a real fan unless you hang in there on one of those. Hell I actually go to Kentucky sometimes o_O but I always said going to a bad race is still a helluva lot more fun than watching one on TV :D
I been to a Kentucky race! The 14 edition, I didn’t think it was that bad even though Kez stunk up the show, we stayed in Downtown Louisville, that was a fun 4 days

Body mods like that are suspect.

If I’m a CC, next race on the first stop I’m cutting holes in both fenders, beating the right side of the car in to push the spoiler out and cutting the trunk out all in the name of “damage”.

Nah you can only do that here and maybe New Hampshire. Anywhere else and you’d be crushed aerodynamically by that

Had fun with you all, good night everyone. I loved this race, you can never convince me a Weds night NASCAR Cup race especially from Martinsville can be a bad idea. Racing is so cool.

Talk in the ratings thread sounds like you better enjoy it while you can. Running a gauntlet of races Sunday, Wednesday, Sunday, Wednesday, Sunday, Wednesday, etc... ....it sure does seem to amp things up IMO and I love it. These drivers are really busting it! But Wednesday races probably ain't gonna be a thing. The only downside I can see with Wednesday races all the time, and this is my own situation, is that in a normal world without the covid interruption I'd never be able to watch these Wednesday races due to work. I could catch the ones that were aired on XM but not all of them go on XM and that kinda sucks.

It's probably asking way too much to expect these guys to run the gauntlet like that every year anyways. Perhaps a compromise would be one or possibly two stretches throughout the year where we get the Sunday, Wednesday, Sunday madness. Maybe do it after the drivers have had their two seasonal off weekends? Schedule it with the Martinsville night race on a Wednesday and the Bristol night race too. I would make time in my work schedule for that! :D

I been to a Kentucky race! The 14 edition, I didn’t think it was that bad even though Kez stunk up the show, we stayed in Downtown Louisville, that was a fun 4 days

Last years was awesome! Best finish I’ve ever seen live and lots of passing throughout

Back
Top Bottom